What are the 5 songs Zeppelin never realeased?

LedZep1969

What about Baby, Come on Home? And do you count anything on Coda as "unreleased"? I mean, most of this stuff has come out through official channels eventually. Sugar Mama being one of the exceptions.

I'm not sure I'd count the semi-live stuff recorded for the BBC such as Riverside Blues to be "official" in the sense that these were not recorded as part of any official album session the way, let's say, Baby Come on Home was.

So much Zep stuff has been canonized after the fact when it was once considered ephemera to the band. Even their throwaways were golden.

The really fun jam that is on the first disc of Brutal Artistry. I love that. Does anyone know who is saying A-B-C at the end? It's so cool. I like to think it's Jimmy and Scarlet, but I don't know.

Also this is the only place Swan Song is.

There is also Autumn Lake. Which I would be very interested to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I dont think they ever actually recorded it, but they did play it a lot live, I have it on bootleg :D

...But the quality sucks, but ones on youtube sound amazing. I love the one where Jonesy's amp starts breaking, the sounds lol

I knew they did it live and Robert also performed it with Priory of Brion, but I wondered whether there was a studio recording done but not released.

There isn't a studio recording of As Long As I Have You.

And some of the other songs people are talking about here haven't been released for that exact reason: because there is no finished studio recording. Swan Song was never finished by the band. It was always meant to be an epic song.

There isn't a studio recording of As Long As I Have You.

And some of the other songs people are talking about here haven't been released for that exact reason: because there is no finished studio recording. Swan Song was never finished by the band. It was always meant to be an epic song.

I didn't think there was.

Just to confirm that your firm affirming of my affirming has been read firmly. :wacko:

Well, you did quote my post. I merely know there isn't a studio recording.

No, there are about 2 or 3 extra songs that were recorded when Zeppelin 1 was recorded. As Long As I Have You was one of them. It was left of the album. It hasn't been released yet.

Just to confirm that your firm affirming of my affirming has been read firmly. :wacko:

Well, you did quote my post. I merely know there isn't a studio recording.

I confirm to affirm I'm totally confused :lol: But basically I was just agreeing with what you said - albeit I worded it badly :slapface:

:beer:

No, there are about 2 or 3 extra songs that were recorded when Zeppelin 1 was recorded. As Long As I Have You was one of them. It was left of the album. It hasn't been released yet.

Well, I know about 'Baby, Come on Home'. Have you heard a studio version of As Long As I Have You? If so, where? If not, where do you know about it from? :unsure:

Oh, and cheers Nine! :beer:

I'm pretty sure As Long As I Have You was not recorded studio-wise. It's still a crackalackin' song. Probably one of my favourites.

All those already mentioned, to me, have been released - albeit through boxsets, et all.

The one song I really wish I could hear in a studio released format was a demo called Fire (Say Your Gonna Leave Me). The demo I have isn't terribly clear, but it sounds pretty decent. I only wish it became something.

I'm pretty sure As Long As I Have You was not recorded studio-wise. It's still a crackalackin' song. Probably one of my favourites.

All those already mentioned, to me, have been released - albeit through boxsets, et all.

The one song I really wish I could hear in a studio released format was a demo called Fire (Say Your Gonna Leave Me). The demo I have isn't terribly clear, but it sounds pretty decent. I only wish it became something.

Well, as I understood it, the whole point of the thread was to name the songs Led Zeppelin as a working band did finish recording but never released on an album. The box sets of course came later.

If you search for Led Zeppelin- Fire on youtube, and if you add &fmt=18 to the URL, the sound really isnt that bad. It sounds pretty good to me.

Well, as I understood it, the whole point of the thread was to name the songs Led Zeppelin as a working band did finish recording but never released on an album. The box sets of course came later.

Point taken.

Though, I do count HHWCID as a 'released' song, if only because it was the B-Side to Immigrant Song. But that's just me.

If you search for Led Zeppelin- Fire on youtube, and if you add &fmt=18 to the URL, the sound really isnt that bad. It sounds pretty good to me.

Cheers, though I think that's the one I have :D

Do you have it in mp3? Or are you listening to it only through YouTube?

On youtube, but when you add the &fmt=18 to the URL, it changes it into high quality and sounds really good..But I know you can use zamzar.com to change it into an mp3 format, you have to download it and everything. It never works for me because I have trouble unzipping flies :(, but it does work for people.

Archived