Academy Award Nominations

The Pagemeister

that would be a very welcome surprise.

I have no desire to see button. my mom saw it, and when asked what she thought, just said, "ehhh, it was okay" so i'll pass

Benjamin Button is overrated. It does not deserve that many nominations. It was alright. But not great. And Pitt does not deserve the nomination as best actor.

Hi all,

Boring Button's screenplay was written by the same guy who wrote Forrest Gump,it's almost a carbon-copy of it(surprise!)

The Wrestler was not nominated for BP :slapface:

KB

I shall be giving that one a miss then!

Forrest Gump = -_-

Bot-tox? my arse :P

Best Picture - Slumdog Milliionaire. My favorite of all the best Picture nom's

Best Actor- Either Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke. To tough to pick.

Best Actress - Kate Winslet

Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger. If he does not win i am never watching the Oscars again.

Best Supporting actress - Taraji Hensen from Benjamin Button.

It would be justice served as Winslett should have won for Titanic.

I've never seen Titanic.Celine Dion scared me away.

Shelley Winters should have won for The Posidon Adventure if she could of only held her breath a little longer. :angry:

^I don't know anyone who liked the movie save some of my chick friends. None of my guy friends, even the theater ones, liked it. Hell, my mom hated it more then I do.

But like I said, just my opinion

You are correct. I don't know many guys that liked that movie. Any guy friend of mine who saw it went because their girlfriends practically dragged them to it.

The only part of the movie i liked was when the boat sank. That was well done. But the acting was terrible and that whole romantic storyline they made up was ridiculous.

I think that's the only reason women liked the movie. The romance. The way that Leo sacrificed his life for Kate Winslet,etc.

I loved Titanic, I'm not ashamed to admit that. In fact, I just watched it on TNT a couple nights ago. I even have both DVD releases of it, both soundtracks....I just loved that movie.

I think I've probably seen it since its release, about 200 times.

I am surprised you would like the movie.

How does the voting for the oscars go exactly? is it true for example that the only ones that vote for best actor are actors who have been nominated for best actor?? Or does everyone vote?

Don 't forget to watch the SAG awards tonight. They say if you win at the Sags you usually win the Oscar.

I don't really care if you're surprised that I liked Titanic or not. I didn't watch it for the love story angle of it, I watched it because I'm into movies based on historical events. I'm into the costumes, the sets, the etiquette coaching, all the ephemera. I never thought Leonardo DiCaprio was that good-looking anyway. Also, Kate Winslet is probably my favorite actress and has been for a long time, so I make a point to see movies she's in.

You are correct. I don't know many guys that liked that movie. Any guy friend of mine who saw it went because their girlfriends practically dragged them to it.

The only part of the movie i liked was when the boat sank. That was well done. But the acting was terrible and that whole romantic storyline they made up was ridiculous.

I think that's the only reason women liked the movie. The romance. The way that Leo sacrificed his life for Kate Winslet,etc.

I know plenty of guys who liked the movie. I'd hardly call the acting terrible nor the love story ridiculous. And further to that, it's not the only reason women liked the movie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Meryl Streep sure has alot of class. Loved her acceptance speech at the Screen actors Guild awards. I guess taking home the trophy at this or the Golden Globes doesn't mean you will win the Oscar in that category as Sean Penn seemed to kind of hint to? I wonder what percentage of major awards in recent years were common winners at all three of these events?

That's a good question. Sometimes what wins at the Golden Globes (more than the SAG I think) is often indicative of what will happen at the Academys but I don't know statistically how accurate that is.

That's a good question. Sometimes what wins at the Golden Globes (more than the SAG I think) is often indicative of what will happen at the Academys but I don't know statistically how accurate that is.

Well I am happy that Kate Winslett won something as well as Sally Field who I have alwaya loved. Always kind of thought her and Dustin Hoffman were two of the best pure actors of all time and never quite got as much recognition as they deserved. The in Memorian is sad, Newman and Harvey Korman. My sister has Philip Sermour Hoffman on her my space as a friend. She graduated from Fairport high school with him and sat right behind him in school every day. I cant believe how big he made it. Fairport is a suburb of Rochester NY. One of the best and where I am from. Hoffman didnt show up for the high school reunion at Fairport last year. He didnt want to draw too much attentin I hear. But he sneaks into town here and there. I may get to meet him someday if my sister puts in the effort.

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

Well I am happy that Kate Winslett won something as well as Sally Field who I have alwaya loved. Always kind of thought her and Dustin Hoffman were two of the best pure actors of all time and never quite got as much recognition as they deserved. The in Memorian is sad, Newman and Harvey Korman. My sister has Seymore Phillip Hoffman on her my space as a friend. She graduated from Fairport high school with him and sat right behind him in school every day. I cant believe how big he made it. Fairport is a suburb of Rochester NY. One of the best and where I am from. Hoffman didnt show up for the high school reunion at Fairport last year. He didnt want to draw too much attentin I hear. But he sneaks into town here and there. I may get to meet him someday if my sister puts in the effort.

Dustin Hoffman indeed is an incredible actor. The In Memoriams are always sad. You sometimes forget over the course of a year, how many great actors/actresses we've lost until you see them run through the list.

I've always thought that the Golden Globes pick completely different people/movies than the Oscars. Usually, if you win a Golden Globe, you aren't even nominated for an Oscar i think