Need help with the name of a movie that references Zep...

HERBAGEDDON

A few years ago, i was listening to my local classic rock station and they played a sound clip from a movie or show between songs. It was something like a guy explaining Led Zep to his girlfriend. And he says something like "and then Bonham died and they broke up." and she responds "well why didn't they just get a new drummer?" and he just goes "uhhh... nevermind."

Does anybody know what this is from? Thanks in advance.

Possibly from the TV show "Geeks and Freaks". I never watched it but one of the characters was supposed to be obsessed with Bonzo and talked about him all the time on the show. I wish I watched it now. It recently came out on DVD so it will be added to my Netflix account.

A few years ago, i was listening to my local classic rock station and they played a sound clip from a movie or show between songs. It was something like a guy explaining Led Zep to his girlfriend. And he says something like "and then Bonham died and they broke up." and she responds "well why didn't they just get a new drummer?" and he just goes "uhhh... nevermind."

Does anybody know what this is from? Thanks in advance.

"Dazed and Confused" the movie if memory serves me correctly

"Dazed and Confused" the movie if memory serves me correctly

It doesn't. Completely different reference all together - Slater making the bong in shop class says:

"Man, I ain't belivin' that shit about Bonham's 1-hour drum solo...I mean, 1 hour on drums...you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid, man."

It doesn't. Completely different reference all together - Slater making the bong in shop class says:

"Man, I ain't belivin' that shit about Bonham's 1-hour drum solo...I mean, 1 hour on drums...you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid, man."

I was reading something on that film. The director said he wanted to use mostly Zep tunes. Jimmy said yes but Robert said no. I thought it would be the opposite. :huh:

Your radio station was definitely playing a clip from the late great "Freaks

and Geeks", one of the greatest tv shows ever.

"Dazed and Confused" doesn't make sense as a possible answer as that movie

was set in 1976 and obviously Bonham was still alive then.

I believe it is from either the pilot or the next episode after that. Jason

Segel(Nick) is talking to Linda Cardellini(Lindsay) about how bummed he

is about Bonham passing away.

The series is set in Detroit and when it begins it is the fall of 1980.

If you were too young or clueless to catch it when it first aired, you can

thank your lucky stars you get a second chance now that it is on dvd.

Rent it, buy it, order it from netflix, do whatever you have to but by all means

you have to see this show!

Epic series...and just like most of the great ones, it died an early death, thanks

to the idiots at the network.

So many awesome scenes and quotable lines.

The whole cast was full of great kids who would go on to other things, but for me,

aside from the hot Linda Cardellini, my fave of the bunch was Martin Starr's

scene-stealing "Bill Haverchuck".

LONG LIVE BILL!!!

Epic series...and just like most of the great ones, it died an early death, thanks

to the idiots at the network.

I loved that show too. But everything is always about ratings and not necessarily quality, which =$$$. Too bad it couldn't have been picked up by one of the cable networks to continue it. Probably, had the same demographics as That 70's Show, but for some reason couldn't find a big enough audience. That's always the end.

Archived