I don't play enough golf these days to invest in new equipment so I still play with the clubs I bought 25 odd years ago. I change the grips now and then and they feel like new clubs. (:

I like them though and they feel like family!

I did replace my 8 iron though and it doesn't match . I shouldn't of thrown it in the bush......

I don't play enough golf these days to invest in new equipment so I still play with the clubs I bought 25 odd years ago. I change the grips now and then and they feel like new clubs. (:

I like them though and they feel like family!

I did replace my 8 iron though and it doesn't match . I shouldn't of thrown it in the bush......

Babs, if you like them and they feel good that is all that matters really. Who can keep up with the technology these days anyway.

Re-gripping is smart. I think some people don;t see the value in it, but it does make a difference......ciao

I have my clubs re gripped every year. I pay £6 per club fitted with Golf Pride by our club pro. They do feel like new clubs. Some golfers I know change their clubs as often as balls and have even gone as far to ask "what is that driver you use" and then "must get myself one".

I have changed my irons twice - for no valid reason.

First time I saw a set of Mizuno T Zoid Irons. Mint condition on e bay for £90. When i went to collect them they were blades !! A big mistake as I couldn't hit them. I re sold them on e bay and got £100 notes. So I made a tenner. Mrs CP said i was stupid.

Stupidity got the better of me last year. A bought a set of Callaway X16 for £100. When they arrived they had Uni Flex shafts. Big mistake as I have been using stiff. I re sold them on e bay and got exactly what I paid for them. Mrs CP said I was even more stupid than before.

I love my irons and the only one I haven't got is a 7 as I wrapped it around a tree - not through anger. Maybe It's best to play with what you know. A grand is a lot of dosh to change?

I have a golf buddy that lives on Vancouver Island. I grew up just outside of Victoria but have lived on the mainland for years now. So we would travel back and forth and play different courses.

This became my favorite course . Couldn't beat the price and the greens ran true. Lovely :wub:

http://www.worldgolf.com/course-reviews/canada/duncan-meadows-golf-country-club-bc-canada-10441.htm

I have a golf buddy that lives on Vancouver Island. I grew up just outside of Victoria but have lived on the mainland for years now. So we would travel back and forth and play different courses.

This became my favorite course . Couldn't beat the price and the greens ran true. Lovely :wub:

http://www.worldgolf.com/course-reviews/canada/duncan-meadows-golf-country-club-bc-canada-10441.htm

Is Vancouver Island in good shape? Was there not an earthquake that hit there a year ago?

I have a question about the Masters Fantasy Pool: You say you have to choose one golfer from the "bottom 10 from last year's Masters final day". But do you mean the bottom 10 overall, or the bottom 10 of golfers that actually played on the final Sunday of last year's Masters? Because all the golfers in the bottom 10 in that link you provided missed the cut, and so weren't playing on Sunday.

Also, fishhead, what happened to your Masters Pool thread?

Edited by Strider

I have a question about the Masters Fantasy Pool: You say you have to choose one golfer from the "bottom 10 from last year's Masters final day". But do you mean the bottom 10 overall, or the bottom 10 of golfers that actually played on the final Sunday of last year's Masters? Because all the golfers in the bottom 10 in that link you provided missed the cut, and so weren't playing on Sunday.

Also, fishhead, what happened to your Masters Pool thread?

Hi Strider, I believe our committee wanted that last pick to be from the bottom ten of the final day of last year. For sure we want the picks to be focused on guys that are gonna most likely make the cut. The reason for the bottom 10 idea was just to hopefully create more variation of the group of players that people choose. As I get peoples picks sent to me I will double check Strider so everyone is in the know. I won;t let anyone pick a guy like "Shooter McGavin or Happy Gilmour" lol...

as for the other question, it must have been pulled by Sam or whoever else runs the forum. i didn't mean any harm. Just thought I may get some extra eyes coming over to the golf thread to see the pool. This is my first kick at the can so it may have some kinks. Just trying to add a little fun amongst us all......what do you think? Do you think someone may have complained?

Edited by fishhead

Do you think someone may have complained?

If anyone did, it was probably that weasel garlic guy.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll definitely be playing. I like checking out all the 4 Majors, as well as the Pebble Beach Pro-Am, known in the Golden Days as the Bing Crosby Clambake. But the two majors I like the best above the others are the Masters and the British Open.

If anyone did, it was probably that weasel garlic guy.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll definitely be playing. I like checking out all the 4 Majors, as well as the Pebble Beach Pro-Am, known in the Golden Days as the Bing Crosby Clambake. But the two majors I like the best above the others are the Masters and the British Open.

It'll be great to have ya Strider!....thanks for playing and being involved.....Maybe we'll do this for each Major this year if this one goes well lol.........p.s.- Pebble Beach is spectacular. Love that tourney too. What a piece of land. Beautiful!...cheers, Fishy

I like the way you've set it up Rich. Keep Tiger out. Everyone would pick him anyways( or should )

yeah that is what i thought too. Nothing personal against Tiger...last year maybe I would not have made the rule, but, he has won 3 times already and it could be like everyone picking Sidney Crosby in a hockey pool.....cheers

Hey guys/gals, just want to make sure we are all on the same page for the Masters Pool. Here is the list of the bottom 10 players on the final day from last years Masters (2012). If you are joining our pool, you will be picking 5 guys of your own choice and then making a 6th pick from this group here below. I deleted the two amateurs fyi

(If I am wrong on this list feel free to let me know) I do want this pool to go well so we can repeat for each Major this year if people enjoy it......ciao Fishy

Charl Schwartzel 72-75-75-74--296

David Toms 73-73-75-75--296

Robert Karlsson 74-74-77-71--296

Scott Verplank 73-75-75-74--297

Miguel Angel Jimenez 69-72-76-81--298

Y.E. Yang 73-70-75-81--299

Martin Laird 76-72-74-77--299

Edoardo Molinari 75-74-76-74--299

Trevor Immelman 78-71-76-76--301

Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano 74-75-76-77--302

Edited by fishhead

Now I am not one to turn down a round but....... I have just got an e mail from the organiser who has said tomorrows "away day" is still on. It is our club mixed away day at a course down the road. I cannot believe it ! It's been snowing on and off all week and it is as cold as my smeg outside. A penetrating frost overnight last night and even worse for this evening will render the greens like cast iron. I hate, hate, hate playing in the cold. It's bad for the swing and even worse for the muscles and joints ( I won't be able to roll one :D )

I will need that many layers I will look like The Michelin Man

post-4226-0-96314400-1364468649.jpg

Edited by chillumpuffer

Now I am not one to turn down a round but....... I have just got an e mail from the organiser who has said tomorrows "away day" is still on. It is our club mixed away day at a course down the road. I cannot believe it ! It's been snowing on and off all week and it is as cold as my smeg outside. A penetrating frost overnight last night and even worse for this evening will render the greens like cast iron. I hate, hate, hate playing in the cold. It's bad for the swing and even worse for the muscles and joints ( I won't be able to roll one :D )

I will need that many layers I will look like The Michelin Man

attachicon.gifth.jpg

How is the ground?...is the frost out of it yet CP?....about 10 years ago, we had a mini heat wave come through Ontario on a Jan 4th weekend. It melted all the snow and you could get away with a long sleeved shirt so me and a pal drove to an old local 9 hole course and played it. The ground however was still pretty stiff so we took a car floor mat around the course to hit off of for each shot....It was fun but golf is meant to be played when you can take a divot.....

No the frost is like the arctic tundra. I have a winter mat - our club insists we use them. They protect the course in areas say 80 yds to the green in. I understand that. But I suspect it will be like hitting a ball down onto corrugated Iron. And the greens. Ha that will be hilarious, especially the par 3's from say 190 yds. It will be like a ping pong ball and if it hits anything it will veer off to the left/right.

The worst thing is it will cost £26 each of our finest English pounds to have a bacon butty (something I eat very rarely), 18 holes ( I do believe 13 are actually open with 4 temporary greens) and some food after, Pie and chips i think. Me and Mrs CP are very tempted to do a no show but that is bad karma. The forecast is actually sunny tomorrow but with a sharp frost tonight. We tee off at 1 ish so the sun may soften the ground somewhat but hey I take a divot every time so i could easily hurt the wrist.

I will report back at some point over the weekend- assuming I haven't died of exposure.

No the frost is like the arctic tundra. I have a winter mat - our club insists we use them. They protect the course in areas say 80 yds to the green in. I understand that. But I suspect it will be like hitting a ball down onto corrugated Iron. And the greens. Ha that will be hilarious, especially the par 3's from say 190 yds. It will be like a ping pong ball and if it hits anything it will veer off to the left/right.

The worst thing is it will cost £26 each of our finest English pounds to have a bacon butty (something I eat very rarely), 18 holes ( I do believe 13 are actually open with 4 temporary greens) and some food after, Pie and chips i think. Me and Mrs CP are very tempted to do a no show but that is bad karma. The forecast is actually sunny tomorrow but with a sharp frost tonight. We tee off at 1 ish so the sun may soften the ground somewhat but hey I take a divot every time so i could easily hurt the wrist.

I will report back at some point over the weekend- assuming I haven't died of exposure.

lol...that is crazy....I remember when we played in that the ball was bouncing all over the place on the fairways and when it hit the greens it was like the ball was hitting a road......I impressed that they have mats for you but we did it as a lark........hey CP did you see that list of 10 guys up above? Did I get that right?.......Strider mentioned I got my Masters Pool separte post pulled by "Big Brother"...oh well......ciao pal

Yes i saw that man.

That is a fair description of what tomorrow will be like. Lets hope I am in a better mood tomorrow as someone is in for a tongue lashing, 26 quid to play on Tarmac? I will be demanding a free round

Our course gets wet in the winter - this winter has been unprecedented in the amount of cold weather we have had. The mats are used so the course isn't dug up as of course the grass dosen't grow.

I am too angry to continue

MASTERS GOLF POOL

Ok, the committee has met and has determined how the Masters Pool is to be run...this is easy for all involved. All you have to do is...

1) pick 5 golfers that you think are going to do well in the tournament and more importantly, make the cut. (Tiger is not eligible because everyone will pick him, especially now, so he is out....)

2) pick one guy from the bottom 10 of last years final day. (I have attached the link to last years final round/final overall standings below).

3) Your 6 players must make the cut. If one of the players fails to do so, you are out of the tourney. (NO GOLF FOR YOU!...as said by the Soup Nazi)

4) The forum member who has all 6 players in the final day with the combined lowest total score wins the pool!

5) Picks must be sent to Fishy, no later than the day before the tourney officially starts.

What do you win...Well, you win a virtual case of beer along with an imaginary $1,000,000.

Send me your picks via private message and I will set it up. Hope you will join in for a little fun....cheers Fishy

2013 Masters Line Up (as of March 18th)

http://www.masters.com/pdf/2013_Masters_Tournament_Invitees.pdf

Bottom 10 from last year below below...

Charl Schwartzel 72-75-75-74--296

David Toms 73-73-75-75--296

Robert Karlsson 74-74-77-71--296

Scott Verplank 73-75-75-74--297

Miguel Angel Jimenez 69-72-76-81--298

Y.E. Yang 73-70-75-81--299

Martin Laird 76-72-74-77--299

Edoardo Molinari 75-74-76-74--299

Trevor Immelman 78-71-76-76--301