Famous Shows On New Vinyl

1 hour ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I've just started to see some new vinyl pressings of famous Zeppelin shows.

Looks like there's a new Blueberry Hill and Texas International Pop Fest and a few others on vinyl.

Has anyone picked any of these up yet?

I curious as to how they sound.

Thanks!  

s-l1600.jpg

I have the Paris Olympia show on a recent yellow vinyl issue and I think it sounds as good or better than any other version I've heard, probably because I have a good turntable and amp set up,  but my guess is these pressings are just sourced from digital , either downloads or prior CD releases so there isn't much point to having them other than the aesthetic value of the vinyl and large cover art. Most of the time they're not complete shows anyway. If this Blueberry Hill is simply the old vinyl copied to digital and then repressed there's no point really in getting it. The old vinyl runs off speed. I'm curious to hear too what this is. Is the track listing the same as the TMQ double LP? 

Not sure if it's the same as TMQ but below is the track listing. I noticed they have That's The Way after Thank You which is out of order and I also noticed the same on the Texas Pop Fest with How Many More Times at the end of side one. 

These releases seem to be from the same label and they would be shipping out of Poland. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

8 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Not sure if it's the same as TMQ but below is the track listing. I noticed they have That's The Way after Thank You which is out of order and I also noticed the same on the Texas Pop Fest with How Many More Times at the end of side one. 

These releases seem to be from the same label and they would be shipping out of Poland. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Good grief. That's even more botched than the original vinyl releases. Why separate "Thank You" from the organ solo that precedes the song? Definitely looks like one to skip.

It's been so long that I got a freshly made vinyl boot that I just had to get one. Just ordered  Blueberry Hill, says "recently improved sound" and "best sound ever" so looking forward to spinning it.

A review from ebay seller zepfan1957

"First off I want to say I am so impressed with the audio of this pressing of Open Mind Records and I have every pressing put out from Wizardo, Blimp, Titanic etc. and this audio will blow you away, it was like listening to Blueberry Hill for the first time IMO and packaged very well done and limited to 500 copies."

On 1/13/2018 at 5:34 AM, luvlz2 said:

It's been so long that I got a freshly made vinyl boot that I just had to get one. Just ordered  Blueberry Hill, says "recently improved sound" and "best sound ever" so looking forward to spinning it.

Let us know how it is - if it's that good I might just get it as well. I'm a bit concerned about the track listing being out of order tho....

4 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Let us know how it is - if it's that good I might just get it as well. I'm a bit concerned about the track listing being out of order tho....

I don’t think I could stand that - it would just grate me that it’s out of sync. What a f@ck up

I cannot imagine it'd be any better than a well done digital transfer, since I am pretty certain the pressing plates are sourced from digital download or CD. The covers have nice pics though. <_< You just have to see a good unbiased objective review, or take the chance and buy it and hear for yourself. 

7 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Apparently from what I have read it is the whole gig except five minutes removed out of 'Moby Dick' (hand-drum part) and some audience bits before encores.

5 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I think I'm going to have to get it. I'm perfectly fine with the Moby Dick edit. This is such a great show!

As a drummer that ruins the whole thing for me. They fucked with Bonzos great solo!? Fuck em, they ain't getting my $$. I'll stick to hearing the show as it was played on another release which I can't imagine this sounds that much better, if at all. 

On 1/14/2018 at 5:04 AM, The Only Way To Fly said:

I think I'm going to have to get it. I'm perfectly fine with the Moby Dick edit. This is such a great show!

Ordered the Texas International Pop Fest as well, they're shipping from Poland, hoping they come this week.

I prefer the recording and track listing be left absolutely intact, but as I said it's been such a long time I got a brand new unopened freshly made vinyl boot that I am absolutely looking forward to getting and listening to it.

17 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

I prefer the recording and track listing be left absolutely intact, but as I said it's been such a long time I got a brand new unopened freshly made vinyl boot that I am absolutely looking forward to getting and listening to it.

How much did you pay? 

On 1/14/2018 at 1:55 AM, porgie66 said:

I cannot imagine it'd be any better than a well done digital transfer, since I am pretty certain the pressing plates are sourced from digital download or CD. The covers have nice pics though. <_< You just have to see a good unbiased objective review, or take the chance and buy it and hear for yourself. 

Yeah. It appears that this release is not yet on discogs.com. Not that it should detract from anyone’s enjoyment of this release, as it may sound great, but generally speaking, being from digital source essentially negates the appeal of having a vinyl record, for me anyway. It may be nice to hear if you’ve got your ‘table set up through a nice stereo. But it’s not analog. I’ve been burned a couple of time with vinyl purchases that I didn’t know were digital.

ALB

Since I love vinyl & I haven`t got a original copy of the original TMOQ yet, I was looking forward to receive the Open Mind "Blueberry Hill" release. I got it last Friday & what a surprise, THIS IS NOTHING but an awful disappointment!!! Just a clarification first: I have a fine turntable & stereo, and yes, I have bootleg ears (really enjoy the MSG 9/19/70 evening show). But this release is bad sounding, I can`t stand it. The rythm section is totally burried for the most part, guitar & vocals at the forefront, both terribly sounding. Especially Robert`s voice is unbearable: it is that shrill that I`d rather prefer the sounds in a dentist`s surgery! I have Blueberry Hill on Sanctuary & the Winston remaster, both of them sound lightyears better than this new vinyl release. The only good thing is the cover artwork with nice pics of the actual gig & some of NA 1970 shows.

Please avoid this release, it is just a beggar in nobleman`s clothing.

PS: I will never listen to this LP again & I hope I can get rid of it at the next vinyl market.

It blows my mind that a company would go to the trouble to press vinyl bootleg shows and not get the songs in order. I wonder if there was a technical limitation reason? Nevertheless, $40 for a bootleg vinyl is a steal, even if it is from a digital source. I suppose it at least gives you that thrill of a vinyl boot.

7 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Since I love vinyl & I haven`t got a original copy of the original TMOQ yet, I was looking forward to receive the Open Mind "Blueberry Hill" release. I got it last Friday & what a surprise, THIS IS NOTHING but an awful disappointment!!! Just a clarification first: I have a fine turntable & stereo, and yes, I have bootleg ears (really enjoy the MSG 9/19/70 evening show). But this release is bad sounding, I can`t stand it. The rythm section is totally burried for the most part, guitar & vocals at the forefront, both terribly sounding. Especially Robert`s voice is unbearable: it is that shrill that I`d rather prefer the sounds in a dentist`s surgery! I have Blueberry Hill on Sanctuary & the Winston remaster, both of them sound lightyears better than this new vinyl release. The only good thing is the cover artwork with nice pics of the actual gig & some of NA 1970 shows.

Please avoid this release, it is just a beggar in nobleman`s clothing.

PS: I will never listen to this LP again & I hope I can get rid of it at the next vinyl market.

Just what I suspected. Sorry you wasted your time and money, I hate that feeling! At least you didn't spend too much. 

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It blows my mind that a company would go to the trouble to press vinyl bootleg shows and not get the songs in order. I wonder if there was a technical limitation reason? Nevertheless, $40 for a bootleg vinyl is a steal, even if it is from a digital source. I suppose it at least gives you that thrill of a vinyl boot.

Often they can squeeze more onto a side by combining shorter tracks out of order. If they put the songs in order, then they are limited by the time constraints and try likely have to press a 3rd it even 4th LP for many of these shows.

I have the Wendy remaster and I used to have the TMOQ version, but it was stolen years ago. Even though I have lots of shows now, since my vinyl and cd collection was stolen years ago it's been hard to judge the shows so much as I used to be able to, partly because I will never get over that theft, and it's been too long, and my health I'm sure is a factor.  I've been collecting them back slowly but surely. But I received the albums yesterday and listened to Blueberry Hill, and even though I don't like any of the audience clapping being taken out (or anything else) and any songs out of order, it sounded pretty good IMO, though it was hard to handle to cuts in Bonham's drum solo I have to admit.

IMG_20180130_1459105_rewind.thumb.jpg.87c37705e28689c323b0969d860f8879.jpgIMG_20180130_1459476_rewind.thumb.jpg.b9fd7823189340f1c2643949a449f25b.jpgIMG_20180130_1500270_rewind.thumb.jpg.3f6390e3d0bd75db34cdd9ae69ca0188.jpg

Archived