Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MS1

The Allman Brothers Thread

Bong-Man   

According to my ticket stubs, the first time I saw the ABB was June of 1979 @ Pine Knob Music Theatre.  Warm-up band was Bob Welch.  We had 13 tickets, and dedicated the last seat for a 1/4 barrel of beer.  My friend "Moose" earned his nickname by carrying that bad-boy in on his shoulders all the way from the parking lot.  Yes kiddies, there was once a time in rock concert history when you could bring in your own beer to an outdoor venue, and sit in the pavilion no less.

The Allman Bros. were America's best band. 

20 hours ago, 2bitnogoodjive said:

RIP Gregg Allman

The Greatest Live Album of all time. I have seen these guys two dozen times at the Beacon Theater alone. They always put on a great show. RIP Gregg

luvlz2   
8 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

According to my ticket stubs, the first time I saw the ABB was June of 1979 @ Pine Knob Music Theatre.  Warm-up band was Bob Welch.  We had 13 tickets, and dedicated the last seat for a 1/4 barrel of beer.  My friend "Moose" earned his nickname by carrying that bad-boy in on his shoulders all the way from the parking lot.  Yes kiddies, there was once a time in rock concert history when you could bring in your own beer to an outdoor venue, and sit in the pavilion no less.

The Allman Bros. were America's best band. 

:thumbsup: That's cool man!

Juliet   

Hello:

I never heard The ABB in concert. I heard Devon Allman, Gregg's son, a few years ago at the London Bluesfest (London Ontario). He covered Midnight Rider and played many other tunes with his band at the time. Wow... Devon is an excellent guitar player!!!

I have The ABB album, Brothers and Sisters, as well as, Laid Back (one of Gregg's solo albums) and Low Country Blues (a more recent work)

RIP GREGG

http://www.facebook.com/greggallman/

http://www.facebook.com/devonallman/

Walter   

A very cool picture of when Gregg played a high school, by request, in Buffalo, New York.  Notice Cher was with him at this point:

IMG_1066.JPG

I always say I was born too late because I think any music released after, say 1980 or so is crap! But along with the Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers was one of the bands from that era that I was lucky enough to see live (early 1990's). All of the greats are dying off.