2nd night and DVD dropped at the Fox Theater

Anyone see this yet? I wonder why they dropped the DVD?

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-blend...rop-a-fox-show/

06.27.2008 8:41 am

Concert update: Robert Plant/Alison Krauss drop a Fox show

By Kevin C. Johnson

Email this Share this Print this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It!

The Robert Plant/Alison Krauss concert with T Bone Burnett at the Fox Theatre is changing yet again.

First, the June 19 show was moved to Sept. 24, with a Sept. 25 show added. Both shows were set to be filmed for a live DVD.

Now we learn that’s all changing. Due to a change in schedules, the second show will not take place, and neither will the filming.

Tickets for the June 19 show will be honored at the Sept. 24 show. Those with tickets who can’t attend the Sept. 24 show could contact MetroTix at 314-534-1111.

Mismanagement (...remember "opening night" in Louisville...)

Yep. You are probably right Steve..I do remember that.

I was just hoping that it meant something more....maybe like something Zep related.

I know...wishful thinking.

I do love me some Gourds. Too bad most folks only seem to know them from the Gin n' Juice cover.....

Not me, Piss & Moan Blues and El Paso are much better.

I do think that doing Gin 'n' Juice in that fashion really highlights the absurdity of the lyrics. Not that Snoop meant that when he wrote them.

Not me, Piss & Moan Blues and El Paso are much better.

I do think that doing Gin 'n' Juice in that fashion really highlights the absurdity of the lyrics. Not that Snoop meant that when he wrote them.

Good to see another Gourds fan here. We seem to be few and far between in these parts. One of my favorite shows this year was when they rolled through Raleigh a few months ago. Unfortunately I was running late and missed Shinyribs (aka Kev Russell) as the opener. I understand he did a killer version of TLC's Waterfalls...

Anyone see this yet? I wonder why they dropped the DVD?

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-blend...rop-a-fox-show/

06.27.2008 8:41 am

Concert update: Robert Plant/Alison Krauss drop a Fox show

By Kevin C. Johnson

Email this Share this Print this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It!

The Robert Plant/Alison Krauss concert with T Bone Burnett at the Fox Theatre is changing yet again.

First, the June 19 show was moved to Sept. 24, with a Sept. 25 show added. Both shows were set to be filmed for a live DVD.

Now we learn that’s all changing. Due to a change in schedules, the second show will not take place, and neither will the filming.

Tickets for the June 19 show will be honored at the Sept. 24 show. Those with tickets who can’t attend the Sept. 24 show could contact MetroTix at 314-534-1111.

I just got a phone call from Metrotix about this show. They had me on the list to contact me when the tickets for the Sept. 25th show went on sale since I had tickets for the original date June 19. They said no show on the 25th just the one on the 24th. I guess I will have to keep the tickets I have then. I was hoping to get better seats for the 25th show since I waited till they were almost sold out when I bought mine for the 19th date.

The popularity is starting to fizzle. Many go because they think they might hear some ZEP. But, when you hear what is being done to these ZEP classics by Allison/Plant, many walk away in dissapointment.

The popularity is starting to fizzle. Many go because they think they might hear some ZEP. But, when you hear what is being done to these ZEP classics by Allison/Plant, many walk away in dissapointment.

I'd say it has more to do with the economy and gas prices. The entire concert industry is struggling, not just the Plant/Krauss tour. As for concertgoers attending just to hear Zep, all one has to do is look at the setlists to gauge that. I'm attending on the strength of Raising Sand, not to hear Plant & Krauss cover Led Zeppelin.

I'm attending on the strength of Raising Sand, not to hear Plant & Krauss cover Led Zeppelin.

I think that there has been enough time now for several performances to show up on UTUBE and people do not like what they see or are hearing. Like I said on the other thread, if Plant were with Page, JPJ, and Jason the price of gas or any other excuse would not matter.

I think that there has been enough time now for several performances to show up on UTUBE and people do not like what they see or are hearing.

Or maybe, just maybe it has to do with the economy and slagging ticket sales in general. Try to wrap your brain around that concept just for a second.

Like I said on the other thread, if Plant were with Page, JPJ, and Jason the price of gas or any other excuse would not matter.

When people are struggling to make ends meet it's not an "excuse", it's called trying to make ends meet and put food on the table. I could give a fuck if the Beatles reunited, if I can't afford the gas I'm not going.

Imagine for just a moment that the shoe is on the other foot and that Page (or Jones, or Jason for that matter) had made a commitment to record and tour prior to the 02 show and had to follow through with those obligations prior to making any other plans. In that case, if any type of Zep tour was planned it would have to wait until those previous obligations were met. That's not to even mention the fact that the O2 show was only a "one-off" to start with. None of them are obligated to tour as "Led Zeppelin".

Jahfin, why must you curse and try to belittle people that have a different point of view?? But, you still have not answered my question. Do you really think that if Plant were to hook back up with Page and the others and do shows as LED ZEPPELIN after Allison, they would not sell out any venue they played in??

Jahfin, why must you curse and try to belittle people that have a different point of view?? But, you still have not answered my question. Do you really think that if Plant were to hook back up with Page and the others and do shows as LED ZEPPELIN after Allison, they would not sell out any venue they played in??

I have a better question. Why do you continue to insist that Robert Plant is holding up some kind of Led Zeppelin reunion tour when there isn't even one planned? The surviving members of Zeppelin and Jason made good on reuniting in memory of Ahmet at the 02 and made no further commitments beyond that. Plant is only making good on his obligation to tour with Alison Krauss in support of Raising Sand. As it stands there are no plans for any kind of Led Zeppelin reunion tour. If it happens, it happens. If not, I'm perfectly happy with what Plant is doing in the here and now.

Excatly. Until the R&A touring is done, we really can't gripe about a damn thing. :)

Agreed HotPlant.

Have to disagree with an economy/gas price excuse for falling ticket sales though. Plenty of groups are playing sold out shows and avid concert goers just don't let little things like gas prices stop them.

I admit that you all make a good point that Plant had plans in place with Allison long before the 02 show. I just do not understand why he can't commit to LZ after his current tour with her. I have made my case why I think he should. You have a right to disagree like I have a right to state it. If he never plans to do Zep again..............let us know, thats fine. And when you all attack me, I find it so funny :D:D . Do you all really think that Plant needs people to stand guard for him because someone like myself does not (in your eyes) appreciate him enough?? It just makes me laugh out loud! :D:D

And as far as LZ not drawing huge crowds because of any reason, that's the biggest joke yet.

I admit that you all make a good point that Plant had plans in place with Allison long before the 02 show. I just do not understand why he can't commit to LZ after his current tour with her. I have made my case why I think he should. You have a right to disagree like I have a right to state it. If he never plans to do Zep again..............let us know, thats fine. And when you all attack me, I find it so funny :D:D . Do you all really think that Plant needs people to stand guard for him because someone like myself does not (in your eyes) appreciate him enough?? It just makes me laugh out louad! :D:D

Perhaps he's not thinking of his future plans and just enjoying what he's doing now or should he not do that either according to your agenda on how Robert should live his life :rolleyes:

Have to disagree with an economy/gas price excuse for falling ticket sales though. Plenty of groups are playing sold out shows and avid concert goers just don't let little things like gas prices stop them.

Read this and tell me the price of gas isn't having an affect on concert attendance and the way artists as well have been affected. There's also a thread on the subject here.

We agree that it is affecting the smaller less popular shows like Allison/Plant. But you really think that it would affect LED ZEPPELIN??

I wouldn't say it's having a huge affect on the Plant/Krauss shows or that the tour is "smaller" or "less popular", especially since several of the shows have been sellouts but it is having an affect, yes.

I wouldn't say it's having a huge affect on the Plant/Krauss shows or that the tour is "smaller" or "less popular", especially since several of the shows have been sellouts but it is having an affect, yes.

Many of the venues that they are performing at hold less then three thousand. I should hope that they are selling out. (and in some they are not) But please answer my question: Do you really think that if Plant gets back together with LED ZEPPELIN, they would not sell out as many shows to as large of arena's as they choose?? You keep avoiding that question.

Mismanagement (...remember "opening night" in Louisville...)

I can understand this if the 2nd show was cancelled, but why would they scrap the DVD too? Or if they needed a 2 night stint to record one, I wonder why they didn't use L.A?

Archived