No newly circulated live shows in 2011

Sticks of Fire

As I have read it recently, that was done quite commonly. They go back and replay a little bit of what was recorded just in between the songs, until there's something else to show.

Also sort of serves as proof that the video we have is from the feed going to the video screens. Which also squashes the possibility of alternate angles since the film from the cameras was sent directly to the switching station and fed to the screen, which was what was recorded.

Adding more fuel to the speculation train...

Maybe the dub he saw, or didn't see, was made in black and white? A "sabotage" as sorts to make sure whomever had it originally still has the upper hand? Why would the screens be showing black and white video in 77?

The video screens weren't in use at the Summit show in '77. I don't how many times I've said this on here haha, but there is a poster who goes by the name 'The Rover' who was at the show. He has said that the screens weren't in use and he didn't see any cameramen on the stage. I'd wager if any footage exists/existed in the past the only angle that it would be would be a wide shot of the stage as someone in the private boxes might have been taping the show. This is the only way I can think that video footage from the Summit show came about.

If you are just yanking the proverbial chain ledhed, why not say that you've seen the Pontiac footage where the video screens were used and there is evidence of cameramen on stage?

The video screens weren't in use at the Summit show in '77. I don't how many times I've said this on here haha, but there is a poster who goes by the name 'The Rover' who was at the show. He has said that the screens weren't in use and he didn't see any cameramen on the stage. I'd wager if any footage exists/existed in the past the only angle that it would be would be a wide shot of the stage as someone in the private boxes might have been taping the show. This is the only way I can think that video footage from the Summit show came about.

If you are just yanking the proverbial chain ledhed, why not say that you've seen the Pontiac footage where the video screens were used and there is evidence of cameramen on stage?

That is the common theory, that the show was filmed for in house use for the private boxes (supposedly one of the Landover shows was filmed the same way IIRC)- Houston certainly wasn't filmed in the same manner as Pontiac and Seattle. As you say, Tom, we have eyewitness accounts here in this forum stating there were no video screens used when Zeppelin played the Summit. That said, there is filmed footage of at least the shows Wilson shows clips of in this thread (there is also circulating footage of at least Kiss, Aerosmith and Crosby, Stills and Nash playing the Summit from the same era...I also seem to recall that 'soundboard' footage -probably a video feed- for at least the CSN and Aerosmith gigs also circulate)

No, I'm sure ledhed is just pulling our chain. If he was looking for attention, he certainly got it :lol: But he couldn't expect to waltz in here making claims he's seen video footage from Houston '77 without people like us calling bullshit on him, and then he tries to doubleback basically saying "I never should have said anything...I was told to keep it a secret blah blah blah..." Of course, this type of bullshit is typical of some Zeppelin collectors, they play games like a buncha fuckin' schoolchildren...some things never change.

Archived