No newly circulated live shows in 2011

Sticks of Fire

It's the hoarders.

Maybe, maybe not. There just probably isn't much more out there, unless the band decides to let out some of the stuff they have.

Even in 2009, I think the poor and fragmentary Detroit 1970 (audience) recording was the only interesting "new" recording that I can recall.

Maybe, maybe not. There just probably isn't much more out there, unless the band decides to let out some of the stuff they have.

Even in 2009, I think the poor and fragmentary Detroit 1970 (audience) recording was the only interesting "new" recording that I can recall.

Maybe no all-new live shows - but the consensus is that soundboards for some important shows - like the entire '77 LA run, and Seattle 3-21-75 - are out there somewhere.

As far as audience shows go I'd guess the well is starting to run dry, they've either been released or ended up in the hands of hoarders. The DVD/HTWWW seemed to lead to alot of people circulating previous forgotten tapes aswell and after that rush little likely remains.

For soundboards my guess is that its not Empress Valley or any other bootlegger who's actually got a big store of them, if they did you'd expect more regular releases. It seems more likely to me that some outside individual is gradually selling them off one at a time to the bootleggers to keep the price high.

Here's an ad hoc list of things rumored to exist,known to exist or some variation thereof:

SHOWS HOARDED

January 26th Boston Tea Party, Boston * (longer tape may exist)

April 12th Toby Jug, Tolworth, England *(rumor only)

May 3rd Rose Palace, Pasadena

May 4th Civic Center, Santa Monica

May 13th Civic Auditorium, Honolulu

May 17th Ohio University,Athens, OH

May 23rd Pop Festival, San Jose

July 5th Pop Festival, Atlanta

July 27th Gold Creek Park, Woodinville (Seattle)

October 17th Carnegie Hall

November 4th Memorial Auditorium, Kitchener

November 29th Empire, Liverpool, England

February 16th Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

June 6th Cobo Hall, Detroit

June 21st Denver Coliseum, Denver

May 4th Braves Stadium, Atlanta

May 23rd Albuquerque

May 26th Salt Palace, Salt Lake City

March 2nd University of Tennessee, Bent Harbor

April 17th Market Square Arena, Indianapolis

This is an old list and I do not recall its original source.

Further personal speculation:

The soundboard from Dallas 8/31/69 seems to be an anomaly. Would this clear sounding recording suggest that the band authorized an official recording at this show? If so,were the shows pre and post August 31 captured as well? Or was the festival recorded by the persons who ran the festival? If the latter if true,would this mean other festivals were recorded such as Atlanta 69?

Recent published reports state that Claude Nobs recorded and/or filmed the Montruex concerts. This is exciting to imagine if all Zep shows performed in Montrueux are in the vault somewhere....at least in audio format.

I would go so far as to speculate that the Japan 71 shows exist in their entirety ( and have been told so by a very reliable source).

The shows from California 72 that provided the material for the HTWWW release could potentially yield the remaining songs at some point.

The Euro 73 shows that are represented by fragmented soundboards have to exist in their complete state within someone's vault.

Whether or not these see the light of day is another story,of course. But the well may not be dry in terms of what exists.

Recent published reports state that Claude Nobs recorded and/or filmed the Montruex concerts. This is exciting to imagine if all Zep shows performed in Montrueux are in the vault somewhere....at least in audio format.

Claude Nobs definitely sanctioned the recording and/or filming of Montreux concerts through the years but has never claimed to have any Zep in the vault. I don't think his relationship with Peter Grant was strong enough at the time to have gotten permission to do so. He may have JPJ joining Maria Muldahr in '75 (Midnight At The Oasis, etc) but this remains unconfirmed. He definitely has Robert's '93 gig and Page/Plant in '01.

The soundboard from Dallas 8/31/69 seems to be an anomaly. Would this clear sounding recording suggest that the band authorized an official recording at this show? If so,were the shows pre and post August 31 captured as well? Or was the festival recorded by the persons who ran the festival? If the latter if true,would this mean other festivals were recorded such as Atlanta 69?

This is most likely the case as the whole Texas Pop 69 Festival is available, not just the Zep performance.

Pretty sad, for the first time in over 26 years, a new unheard Led Zeppelin concert did not surface the entire year of 2011. Not an audience tape or soundboard. The well must really be dried up.

...this one has never surfaced, I am very suspicious of this comment for some years now ( I suppose this is his cherished mystery)........

The Winnipeg Man Pop Festival August 29, 1970.....

"I was there, recording Butterfly and Zeppelin for Atlantic Records. Johnny Lamm the head of Atlantic promo hired us out of New York.

The taped event was never given to Atlantic, because no one asked us for the tape, because the

sound system was so bad. Our company at the time, On The Move Sound, was paid $650 to record that event.

I still have the tapes."

Paul C

source Link...

http://podbaydoor.com/?p=288

**I have encountered few fans present in this City at this Event, no one recalls any tapes around them in the audience and no video tapes of any kind, although I have at least read one comment on the internet some time ago that someone had a video of it and that the fans lost touch with each other.......

Salt Lake City '73 is circulating as a soundboard. I have it and it's a good show. The band seems rested and in a good mood, They play a bit of Georgia On My Mind.

That's been out for some time, though...long before 2011, if I'm not mistaken.

Here's the biggest mystery to me...and I'm surprised more people aren't interested: WHERE ARE THE 1968 SHOWS?!?

I don't care if it's audience or soundboard, I just want to know when we're going to get some 1968 releases? I find it inexplicable that nobody would think to tape the band until Gonzaga.

There's gotta be a Marquee tape somewhere. As well as the Scandinavian tour.

Raw, primo 1968...that's what I would give my soul to hear.

Here's an ad hoc list of things rumored to exist,known to exist or some variation thereof:

SHOWS HOARDED

Has that Bent Harbour show ever been confirmed? (sorry, I'm too lazy to dig out my battered old Concert Files book)

Let's not forget May 19, 1977, Baton Rouge, Louisiana...that recording exists too (as does the 1971 New Orleans show). And not just in Freezer's archives, either.

Keep the faith, people.

SHOWS HOARDED

January 26th Boston Tea Party, Boston * (longer tape may exist)

April 12th Toby Jug, Tolworth, England *(rumor only)

May 3rd Rose Palace, Pasadena

May 4th Civic Center, Santa Monica

May 13th Civic Auditorium, Honolulu

May 17th Ohio University,Athens, OH

May 23rd Pop Festival, San Jose

July 5th Pop Festival, Atlanta

July 27th Gold Creek Park, Woodinville (Seattle)

October 17th Carnegie Hall

November 4th Memorial Auditorium, Kitchener

November 29th Empire, Liverpool, England

February 16th Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

June 6th Cobo Hall, Detroit

June 21st Denver Coliseum, Denver

May 4th Braves Stadium, Atlanta

May 23rd Albuquerque

May 26th Salt Palace, Salt Lake City

This is an old list and I do not recall its original source.

Further personal speculation:

I would go so far as to speculate that the Japan 71 shows exist in their entirety ( and have been told so by a very reliable source).

The shows from California 72 that provided the material for the HTWWW release could potentially yield the remaining songs at some point.

The Euro 73 shows that are represented by fragmented soundboards have to exist in their complete state within someone's vault.

Whether or not these see the light of day is another story,of course. But the well may not be dry in terms of what exists.

Considering Led Zeppelin did not perform at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on May 4 (the Santa Monica Symphony Orchestra did), canceled out on their appearance at the May 23, 1969 San Jose Festival, and never played that bogus date at the University of Tennessee in 1975 (there isn't even a town called Bent Harbour!), it's pretty safe to say those three shows aren't hoarded and can be scratched off the list.

^ Agreed, to a point. But it would be nice to have some new SBDs from years other than 75 and 77.

I think we're in dire need of a new burglary. Whoever busted into Jimmy's vault last time obviously missed the 71 and 72 shelves.

^_^

Archived