KISS To Enter Studio Next Week

The Pagemeister

KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was a guest on the "Happy Hour" show this afternoon (Thursday, February 26) on the Fox Business network. During the segment, Stanley confirmed to that he, Gene Simmons and the rest of KISS will enter the studio next week to grind out a new record for release this fall. "It's a KISS album in the most true and classic sense — we're recording it in analog, not digital, and writing it ourselves," Stanley recently said.

KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was a guest on the "Happy Hour" show this afternoon (Thursday, February 26) on the Fox Business network. During the segment, Stanley confirmed to that he, Gene Simmons and the rest of KISS will enter the studio next week to grind out a new record for release this fall. "It's a KISS album in the most true and classic sense — we're recording it in analog, not digital, and writing it ourselves," Stanley recently said.

Do you know who will playing for Ace and Peter? The same guys who were on tour with Paul & Gene last time?

Ace and Peter will not be there. I don't think Ace left on good terms. However that didn't stop them before but if they were going to a be a part of it the news would be huge and we would have heard about it already. Either way it's time to put KISS to bed, they should have stopped decades ago.

I love Ace's style of playing. He has admitted more than once that Jimmy was a huge influence on him. I think he is the most underrated lead guitarist just about ever. All of the KISS hate makes people blind to his talent.

Ace and Peter will not be there. I don't think Ace left on good terms. However that didn't stop them before but if they were going to a be a part of it the news would be huge and we would have heard about it already. Either way it's time to put KISS to bed, they should have stopped decades ago.

I thought they did about 10 farewell we're retiring tours :blink:

I have heard they are good live. Was never my cuppa though :)

Actually, not mine either. But for some reason quite a few of my friends are huge fans so I just somehow ended up at a show or 4. :) The one good thing is they're one of those bands where you'll probably end up being familiar with the majority of their live set even if you're not a fan. The audience at a KISS show is also quite entertaining!

Actually, not mine either. But for some reason quite a few of my friends are huge fans so I just somehow ended up at a show or 4. :) The one good thing is they're one of those bands where you'll probably end up being familiar with the majority of their live set even if you're not a fan. The audience at a KISS show is also quite entertaining!

I know a lot of their songs through the radio and such so yeah, I'd probably have the same experience if I saw them live. I have heard the same thing about the audience :lol:

I love Ace's style of playing. He has admitted more than once that Jimmy was a huge influence on him. I think he is the most underrated lead guitarist just about ever. All of the KISS hate makes people blind to his talent.

Ace is a great player and he does some stuff that is very Jimmy-esque though not in a copy-cat way. I don't know about him being underrated though, he was arguably the most influential guitarist of the 70's. A lot of kids picked up a guitar because of Ace, myself included. Without him I may not have asked Santa for an electric guitar back in '76.

I love this clip.

Funny that this thread has popped up, on one of the few (and I mean FEW) occasions that I'm listening to more than 5 KISS songs.

KISS Unmasked was the first RAWK album i bought (in 1982, out of the bargain basket) and it nearly killed my enthusiasm for rock music.

I had all their stuff going through randomnly earlier tonight until 'Hard Luck Woman' came on. OMFG! Rod Stewart or what! LOL!

Ace is a great player and he does some stuff that is very Jimmy-esque though not in a copy-cat way. I don't know about him being underrated though, he was arguably the most influential guitarist of the 70's. A lot of kids picked up a guitar because of Ace, myself included. Without him I may not have asked Santa for an electric guitar back in '76.

I love this clip.

I never saw that. Sweet!

I wouldn't doubt that Paul can still pen a good song and his riffs have always been strong, it's the imposter thing that concerns me. Taking Tommy Thayer into the studio so he can mimic Ace Frehley is friggin' stupid. Though I'm sure Gene will bring in the studio pros like he always does.

Archived