Jimmy Page 1998 solo D/C with M/L

zero88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P9ftEhCsUY...feature=related

The above link should take you to the show JP did solo for a benefit concert at Giants stadium 1998. He of course looked great as did ML. Not sure who the base player is though. (This is shortly after JP and plant parted ways on the clarksdale tour and just before Jimmy hit the road with the Black Crows. I kind of wish Jimmy had stuck with M/L and even this base player instead of the B/C's tour. (where he injured his back badly and couldnt tour per medical advice for a long time.

Well pardon me for making the mistake on the date, it did indeed happen in 1999. Some members on this site = dopes who would rather pick out minor mistakes and make fun than enjoy a good performance.

Zero88

:lol:

Well pardon me for making the mistake on the date, it did indeed happen in 1999. Some members on this site = dopes who would rather pick out minor mistakes and make fun than enjoy a good performance.

Zero88

You've made less than ten posts and are calling people you don't know dopes? Not really necessary is it. The correction wasn't meant in a mean way - what's wrong with wanting to post accurate information for people?

Zero88

Well pardon me for correcting the date for you. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy the performance anyway.

Zero88

I think you'll find it wasn't the mistake with the date that Rorer was commenting on. ;)

(I on the other hand am a dope and proud of it. B) )

"Translation: zero88 = no brains since 1988 blah blah blah blah...

Some people need a life that is all their own."

That was meant in a nice way? and I didnt say everyone on this board. Im sure there are a bunch of nice posters here.

You've made less than ten posts and are calling people you don't know dopes? Not really necessary is it. The correction wasn't meant in a mean way - what's wrong with wanting to post accurate information for people?

Well he/she can comment and or be a jerk all they like. I made my comment and it was just a thought. It didnt happen that way and the rest is history. My idea was that JP sounded really good at this performance and michael lee did as well. They seemed to work well together. Page then went on to tour with the Black crows and it "sounded" good to IMO, but that project went NOWHERE because 1. They quickly found out they didnt like each other and 2. Page injured his back and has performed very little since. Page did say he wanted to work with michael lee again at some point, to bad it wont happen.

Zero 88

I think you'll find it wasn't the mistake with the date that Rorer was commenting on. ;)

(I on the other hand am a dope and proud of it. B) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P9ftEhCsUY...feature=related

The above link should take you to the show JP did solo for a benefit concert at Giants stadium 1998.

October 9, 1999 Giants Stadium East Rutherford, NJ

Net Aid - A Benefit Concert to Help End Extreme Poverty

This was the premier of the instrumental track Domino, which Jimmy & Michael had

developed during the rehearsals they held earlier that year while waiting for Robert

to decide if the Page/Plant partnership was to continue or not.

Page is risking totally losing contact with his audience/fans at this point. Ten years is crazy....

I appreciate the fact that he wants to reform -led zeppelin, but there has got to be another way of getting some music out there.

October 9, 1999 Giants Stadium East Rutherford, NJ

Net Aid - A Benefit Concert to Help End Extreme Poverty

This was the premier of the instrumental track Domino, which Jimmy & Michael had

developed during the rehearsals they held earlier that year while waiting for Robert

to decide if the Page/Plant partnership was to continue or not.

id love to hear the complete version of this song...does it exist anywhere?

I agree on that. Its been way to long since he has produced any new material. He's done a lot of re-packaging of original Led Zeppelin material and the Zep DVD was fantastic, but thats simply not enough. I was really looking forward to what he, JPJ and JB were going to do with a new vocalist (it seems even thats not going to happen now). Time is ticking for Mr Page to be able to do any sort of viable touring to promote new material. I could understand just promo'ing Led Zeppelin if he simply cant create anything on par with the stuff he wrote in Led Zeppelin, but he has shown he still has his mojo (or at least has got it back). What a waist if he just lets it fade away because plant wont join in.

Zero88

Page is risking totally losing contact with his audience/fans at this point. Ten years is crazy....

I appreciate the fact that he wants to reform -led zeppelin, but there has got to be another way of getting some music out there.

Archived