Songs that make you think of Robert

led_zep_girl_92

• 1 month later...

Going to California,but when Robert sings:Someone has told me there's a girl out there,with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

Everything hippy remainds me of him.Especially flowers.And pot. :D :D

I have a few LYRICS that make me think of Robert:

"...do you tape them to your shoulders just to sing?" (from Tin Angel, by Joni Mitchell)

"....a golden prince who's come, though columbines & wizardry, to talk of castles in the sun"

(from That Song About The Midway, by Joni Mitchell)

"I'd like to grab you by the hair, and hang you up from the heavens" (from Hang You Up From The Heavens, by The Dead Weather. Soon to be released.)

"...Jesus had some water, said wine'd be better yet. Elvis picked up a guitar, and made all the women wet..." (from Jesus & Elvis, by Greg Brown)

Since Robert is a big Elvis guy, I often think of him when I hear Riding With the King & Tennessee Plates, by John Hiatt.

Also there's a line in Hiatt's Loving a Hurricane: "...a mister twister she could kick up her boot heels with". It's about a hypothetical guy from Texas ("a Texas tornado"), but I think of Robert, because of the boots. I'm not exactly sure what a mister twister is, but Robert seems like one!

My boyfriend put flowers in my hair.

I once put flowers in hair of some hot looking guy I met and he did the same to me.

And since that day I haven't met him anymore.

God,he was so sweet to me.:(

It was love at first sight but didn't last for long.

Mine does too. And leaves. And clover necklaces I showed him how to make. Oh good times :D

Where did you find so many gentle people?

Did you go to San Francisco?

Be sure to wear some flowers...:hippy: in your hair.When you're there.

Where did you find so many gentle people?

Did you go to San Francisco?

Be sure to wear some flowers...:hippy: in your hair.When you're there.

I found mine in North Carolina.

I know what you mean about love at first sight not lasting. Truly heart breaking :'( I met a guy at a theme park one weekend who had the most beautiful eyes...

I wish I went to San Franciso! When I go I will be sure to have flowers in my hair ;)

I found mine in North Carolina.

I know what you mean about love at first sight not lasting. Truly heart breaking :'( I met a guy at a theme park one weekend who had the most beautiful eyes...

I wish I went to San Franciso! When I go I will be sure to have flowers in my hair ;)

Mine did.

He put the flowers in my hair and he lived in San Francisco.

He will always live in my heart and soul.

Lucky!!!!

I never even got mines number.

I've been kicking myself ever since.

Mine was too mysterious.We were sitting beneath the tree and talking when suddenly he said he has to go.

And said he'll come back if wait him.But I had to go.

*Oh painful memories*

Anything by Robert Palmer, whom casual rock fans have occasionally mistaken him for...

That's so funny! I read somewhere (possibly the website www.manicnirvana.com) that Robert (Plant) was at a wedding reception and the bandleader asked if Robert PALMER would like to say anything. Robert replied with something hillarious (to do with having done nothing since the video w/women in black dresses), and I can't remember exactly what he said. I'll look it up & post it.

I took that photo of Robert (Plant) signing his Gibson statue in London & decorated it a bit. One thing I added was a little guy falling off the London Bridge in the background, saying: "Palmer. NO-PLANT! Aaaarrrggh". To get that reference, you have to have seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

:hysterical:Show

For the record:

1. ZeppyNetters

2. I seek the PLANdreTh!

5. Blue

That's so funny! I read somewhere (possibly the website www.manicnirvana.com) that Robert (Plant) was at a wedding reception and the bandleader asked if Robert PALMER would like to say anything. Robert replied with something hillarious (to do with having done nothing since the video w/women in black dresses), and I can't remember exactly what he said. I'll look it up & post it.

I took that photo of Robert (Plant) signing his Gibson statue in London & decorated it a bit. One thing I added was a little guy falling off the London Bridge in the background, saying: "Palmer. NO-PLANT! Aaaarrrggh". To get that reference, you have to have seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

:hysterical:Show

For the record:

1. ZeppyNetters

2. I seek the PLANdreTh!

5. Blue

OK: IT WAS ON MANICNIRVANA.COM, but I don't know where she got Robert's quote from:

"Yeah, I got confused at a 25th wedding anniversary on Saturday night in England when the band said, “And would Robert Palmer like to get up?” And I took the mike and said, “I’m sure he’d like to get up because he hasn’t been doing anything for years and years.” When your career is based on one video with some cool-looking chicks with black dresses, that becomes a memorable sort of thingy-bob."

:lol:

Any Indian song reminds me of Maureen Plant, and, inadvertently, of Robert :rolleyes: I can just see him buying souvenires on an Indian market (hell, may be he just never doe sthis, but who cares)

;)

OK: IT WAS ON MANICNIRVANA.COM, but I don't know where she got Robert's quote from:

"Yeah, I got confused at a 25th wedding anniversary on Saturday night in England when the band said, “And would Robert Palmer like to get up?” And I took the mike and said, “I’m sure he’d like to get up because he hasn’t been doing anything for years and years.” When your career is based on one video with some cool-looking chicks with black dresses, that becomes a memorable sort of thingy-bob."

:lol:

Aha, Robert's razor-sharp tongue. Funny, but the very first time I went to buy his CD, I asked about Robert Palmer's disk by mistake. :slapface:

The Ocean

It does two things every time

1) Make me very happy

2) Make me think of Robert

But on the other hand, listening to Led Zeppelin, I'll always be thinking of Led Zeppelin.

Strike that.

I'll always be thinking of Led Zeppelin.

There.

Archived