Where is all the "other" TSRTS video

kdh

Seeing that the band have confirmed that cameras were set up in Pittsburgh and Baltimore, with actual filming taking place, where is that footage. Yes, some of it has been released in bits and pieces. Will this see the light of day in the 73 to 80 Best of The Rest DVD release?

• 6 months later...
Do you have some of this footage Steve?

I have some alternate fantasy segment footage in my archive. Specifically, the blonde

woman in Robert's fantasy is played instead by Maureen Plant. She doesn't appear atop

the staircase, she arrives on horseback instead. There's some other dribs and drabs like

alternate angles and what not. I also have several photographs taken on the set which

show Robert posing with his sword and the filmmaker meeting with Peter and Jimmy to

discuss their segments. I don't think any of this is necessarily rare, just obscure.

Seeing that the band have confirmed that cameras were set up in Pittsburgh and Baltimore, with actual filming taking place, where is that footage. Yes, some of it has been released in bits and pieces. Will this see the light of day in the 73 to 80 Best of The Rest DVD release?

It is my understanding that the crew were present at those shows to observe the stage show in preparation for MSG (lighting, camera angles etc) and that they only filmed backstage sequences from those dates. The backstage stuff from the film is not from MSG but instead from the earlier shows.

Also, even if there were cameras shooting the stage show itself, there is no guarantee there is decent audio of those shows, meaning that it would be unlikely to get a release.

Archived