Woman held for noisy sex 'breach'

The Rover

I've had neighbors like that, too.

Still, to have the ban apply to all of England is excessive. They really should do something about the substandard housing in her neighborhood. Obviously the walls are too thin.

And, there is such a thing as a neighborhood that is too quiet.

Most of all, it is a disturbing thought that noise abatement statutes are expanded to invasively apply to sexual relationships between consenting adults that at one time were deemed private.

It opens up a whole new can of worms.

Still, to have the ban apply to all of England is excessive. They really should do something about the substandard housing in her neighborhood. Obviously the walls are too thin.

Hi 'eternal light'

Thats the New building regs nowadays in England, two sheets of plasterboard held apart by 3x2in stud wood work.

Regards, Danny

I can certainly understand why the gentlemen in Led Zeppelin like to travel. No need to get stuck in all that craziness when you could be out having a ball somewhere less restrictive instead.

I wonder what animals in a zoo must think. They do not always have much privacy either.

You might think that the loud music would mask the excessive yealling during sex that was happening.

The first time I heard the loud moaning and groaning, I would think it amusing......

But.... night after night..... It would seem offensive, and NOT amusing.

We live a townhome, so thankfully our wall does not adjoin the bedroom of the neighbor next door...

Do you recall the movie where Michael Fox overhears the neighbors getting it on, and as the neighbors climax... Michael pops a bottle of champagne to acknowledge the occasion ? ?

Well, the neighbors of the lady who got the ASBO, were not so amused....

I don't think they were playing the music whilst having sex, it appears the loud music was in addition, and not in conjunction, with their rumpy pumpy.

One of our newspapers, The Independent, states that 'neighbours had complained to police on three separate occasions about early morning noises of shouting, moaning, groaning and a bed banging against the wall coming from the home'. Sounds pleasant, does it not?

She'd breached the order three times in ten days, so, at the end of the day, the police had no other option but to take her in. I'd be pretty pissed, too, if I could hear all that marlarky coming from her home. The Asbo is basically the police's way of saying, 'Don't do it again', and, I suppose, you could be forgiven if you breach the Asbo the first time. But when you breach it three times - you're just a fucking idiot. She deserved to be taken in.

The Independent

I can certainly understand why the gentlemen in Led Zeppelin like to travel. No need to get stuck in all that craziness when you could be out having a ball somewhere less restrictive instead.

Hi 'eternal light'

Throwing TVs off of hotel balconies, driving motorcycles along hotel hallways, the thing with the "Red Snapper", Royal Orleans and Drag Queens, not crazy enough for you then?

Lets face it, if Led Zeppelin were around today they would have been known as the "Kings of the Asbos" here in England, and as you know we here in England are not as debauched as many that live in the Colonies. :D

Regards, Danny

Well, the gentlemen in Led Zeppelin have the fortune to neither live on a council estate or in a semi-detached house like most of us mere mortals.

At the end of the day, all she needed to be was be more considerate of her neighbours. If she couldn't do that the first three times, then maybe she deserves a ban. She's not been slapped with a completely ban on noise, she's been banned from making noise excessively anywhere in England. It's not about being somewhere less restrictive (because Zeppelin were squeaky clean at home :rolleyes:), it's about consideration and respect. She can't give it to others - she doesn't deserve it back. It wasn't a tall order, yet, somehow, it wasn't within her to tone it down.

My area gets pretty damned quiet at night. It's surprising.

Most of all, it is a disturbing thought that noise abatement statutes are expanded to invasively apply to sexual relationships between consenting adults that at one time were deemed private.

I just can't believe how these idiots with their million watt car stereos get away with it. I absolutely hate that sound.

Sometimes I feel like setting off a roadside bomb when I hear them coming down my road.

:nuke:

Well, the gentlemen in Led Zeppelin have the fortune to neither live on a council estate or in a semi-detached house like most of us mere mortals.

At the end of the day, all she needed to be was be more considerate of her neighbours. If she couldn't do that the first three times, then maybe she deserves a ban. She's not been slapped with a completely ban on noise, she's been banned from making noise excessively anywhere in England. It's not about being somewhere less restrictive (because Zeppelin were squeaky clean at home :rolleyes: ), it's about consideration and respect. She can't give it to others - she doesn't deserve it back. It wasn't a tall order, yet, somehow, it wasn't within her to tone it down.

Hi LDW,

In the ladies defence, she might have a partner whos very well endowed, ("Biggestdickest" to any Romans out there) and therefore would have had no choice but to screem, maybe on just seeing his member. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi LDW,

In the ladies defence, she might have a partner whos very well endowed, ("Biggestdickest" to any Romans out there) and therefore would have had no choice but to screem, maybe on just seeing his member. :lol:

Regards, Danny

I don't doubt she's with a 'biggestdickest', but why should everyone else have to hear it? It's not a tall order to moan a little quieter, groan a little softer, not slam your headboard, etc - and this all being in the early hours of the morning - yet she still couldn't do it. She wasn't told to stop having sex. She was told to keep it down. She'd get away with it if she lived in a detached house, but she didn't - she was on a council estate. There's a high chance that more than one house would've heard her. Like I keep saying, all she needed to do was be considerate. She could still have that sex life - only now she's gone and blown it.

It's not private anymore when they're so loud that others hear it without even trying. Contain it or suffer the consequences. It could escalate into a loudness war, or could be nipped in the bud. Someone raises the stakes then someone else crushes the offender in a retaliatory fashion.

Out of sight, out of hearing range, out of mind. Now if you just saw it, you could turn the other way easily. You can't just simply turn an ear and negate the sound.

Your quiet neighborhood remark is wrong. No one should impose their noise on anyone else.

I don't doubt she's with a 'biggestdickest', but why should everyone else have to hear it? It's not a tall order to moan a little quieter, groan a little softer, not slam your headboard, etc - and this all being in the early hours of the morning - yet she still couldn't do it. She wasn't told to stop having sex. She was told to keep it down. She'd get away with it if she lived in a detached house, but she didn't - she was on a council estate. There's a high chance that more than one house would've heard her. Like I keep saying, all she needed to do was be considerate. She could still have that sex life - only now she's gone and blown it.

Hi LDW,

Just joshing with ya, and agreeing with you too.

I have a problem with dogs barking at the moment, these two Staffs are put outside for up to 20 hours at a time and continually bark while they are outside. The council have to witness the noise from your property a minimum of three times before they admit you have a problem. Then they send letters, them more monitoring, they told me it could take a year before anything is done. If the noise is intermitent then you might have to start monitoring all over again, at least the people in her case can now get some respite, for a while anyway. As you said, this lady brought it all on herself really.

Regards, Danny

I guess you just can't get any privacy in England these days. What's a poor woman to do? You practically have to be a robot to have any kind of sex life lest you offend the neighbors. She must be nearly walking on egg shells in order to comply with the dictates. Reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland.

Perhaps if she warned the neighbors in advance before she planned to have sex so they could all clear out for the assigned time slot, or maybe plan a vacation soon on a desert island with a solitary beach. Maybe the castle that Led Zeppelin used to film TSRTS might be available for a private weekend. For an extra pound it might come with a Do Not Disturb sign for the bedroom door.

I guess you just can't get any privacy in England these days. What's a poor woman to do? You practically have to be a robot to have any kind of sex life lest you offend the neighbors. She must be nearly walking on egg shells in order to comply with the dictates. Reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland.

Hi 'eternal light'

In England we have an old practice called "Dogging", if you wanna be noisy you can go to a good "Dogging Site" usually a secluded car park near woods and join in with like minded people, i can give you some good sites to try if you like? :lol: You might even meet some local celebrity, it had been know.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'eternal light'

In England we have an old practice called "Dogging", if you wanna be noisy you can go to a good "Dogging Site" usually a secluded car park near woods and join in with like minded people, i can give you some good sites to try if you like? :lol: You might even meet some local celebrity, it had been know.

Regards, Danny

At least one place is safe when your home has been invaded.

Hi LDW,

Just joshing with ya, and agreeing with you too.

I have a problem with dogs barking at the moment, these two Staffs are put outside for up to 20 hours at a time and continually bark while they are outside. The council have to witness the noise from your property a minimum of three times before they admit you have a problem. Then they send letters, them more monitoring, they told me it could take a year before anything is done. If the noise is intermitent then you might have to start monitoring all over again, at least the people in her case can now get some respite, for a while anyway. As you said, this lady brought it all on herself really.

Regards, Danny

Eggs-actly. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Probably the most idiotic post I've read. And that says a lot.

My feelings are so hurt. And here I thought I had expressed great insight.

You'd be the only one, then.

You're 'great insight' has so far expressed that England is restrictive, robotic, with shoddy housing, and is pretty much prudish. The whole 'No sex, please, we're British' stereotype ended some time ago, you know. We have sex. We enjoy it very much. And we make noise. She could still have sex with her partner now, if only she'd followed through with the order and not sounded like she was being tortured every night. So, please don't make us out to be like the fucking Gestapo. What's so hard to understand?

At the end of the day, all she needed to be was be more considerate of her neighbours. If she couldn't do that the first three times, then maybe she deserves a ban. She's not been slapped with a completely ban on noise, she's been banned from making noise excessively anywhere in England. It's not about being somewhere less restrictive (because Zeppelin were squeaky clean at home :rolleyes:), it's about consideration and respect. She can't give it to others - she doesn't deserve it back. It wasn't a tall order, yet, somehow, it wasn't within her to tone it down.

Forgive my ignorance but can you explain what a council estate is?

And I agree with what you said - it boils down to consideration and common sense and she clearly made the choice to disregard that and now she has to suffer the consequences.

And I agree with what you said - it boils down to consideration and common sense and she clearly made the choice to disregard that and now she has to suffer the consequences.

Hi 'ninelives'

A "Council Estate" is basicly an "Open Prison" where the watchful eyes of the Law are not welcome and are seldom seen. :watchingyou: not.

And by the way, i used to live on one, and i have my serial number tatooed on the inside of my upper right arm. ;)

Regards, Danny

It's not ignorant at all :)

Council estates are large public housing areas built, and maintained, by a town's local council. They're not always the nicest of places to live on, since the people who usually live on them can be unemployed (I stress that not everyone is this way), but the newer ones are decent enough. I guess the US equivalent would be similar to the public housing projects in the Bronx, and elsewhere.

They're fairly grotty now, but in their day they weren't all that bad. They're also mostly inner city. Think of the block of flats on the cover of IV - they would've been part of a council estate.

Linkage

It's not ignorant at all :)

Council estates are large public housing areas built, and maintained, by a town's local council. They're not always the nicest of places to live on, since the people who usually live on them can be unemployed (I stress that not everyone is this way), but the newer ones are decent enough. I guess the US equivalent would be similar to the public housing projects in the Bronx, and elsewhere.

They're fairly grotty now, but in their day they weren't all that bad. They're also mostly inner city. Think of the block of flats on the cover of IV - they would've been part of a council estate.

Linkage

:D Thanks - I had a feeling they were similar to the public housing projects. Ours are located in the inner cities too and some, like the south side of Chicago and Brooklyn and the Bronx are really really dangerous, in addition to being in horrible condition.

:D Thanks - I had a feeling they were similar to the public housing projects. Ours are located in the inner cities too and some, like the south side of Chicago and Brooklyn and the Bronx are really really dangerous, in addition to being in horrible condition.

One of the largest council estates in the country is in my town - my mother grew up on it - and when it was first developed in the '60's it was actually a nice place to live on. A lot of young families moved in and it was a thriving and close-knit community. I think as time goes by, you either move to somewhere more 'respectable', or you basically grew old there. I've known people who've lived there from the very beginning, and they're decent people. They're working class, but they're down-to-earth and decent. It's usually the second and third (and new) generation that are yobs. Two very pleasant teenagers from that estate took it upon themselves to break into my house whilst I slept. Incidently, they're now in prison for murder.

One of the largest council estates in the country is in my town - my mother grew up on it - and when it was first developed in the '60's it was actually a nice place to live on. A lot of young families moved in and it was a thriving and close-knit community. I think as time goes by, you either move to somewhere more 'respectable', or you basically grew old there. I've known people who've lived there from the very beginning, and they're decent people. They're working class, but they're down-to-earth and decent. It's usually the second and third (and new) generation that are yobs. Two very pleasant teenagers from that estate took it upon themselves to break into my house whilst I slept. Incidently, they're now in prison for murder.

The idea behind them here was to offer affordable housing for people but it failed miserably for a variety of reasons. There's a lot of gangs, shootings, drugs etc. Thank goodness you were okay :o Scary to think the teenagers who broke into your house are in prison for murder.

The idea behind them here was to offer affordable housing for people but it failed miserably for a variety of reasons. There's a lot of gangs, shootings, drugs etc. Thank goodness you were okay :o Scary to think the teenagers who broke into your house are in prison for murder.

Thank you. I'm safe now, but it took me a very long time to get over it. And the worst part was that the eldest teenager (they were actually brothers) was only 17 - my age, at the time.

I hate the stigma that comes with housing estates, because I know a lot of decent people have no other choice but to live there, but there are also a lot of dodgy people. Unfortunately, the woman in question, falls into the dodgy category.

Thank you. I'm safe now, but it took me a very long time to get over it. And the worst part was that the eldest teenager (they were actually brothers) was only 17 - my age, at the time.

I hate the stigma that comes with housing estates, because I know a lot of decent people have no other choice but to live there, but there are also a lot of dodgy people. Unfortunately, the woman in question, falls into the dodgy category.

Equally scary to think they were only 17 doing that :(

I'm with you about the stigma that comes with housing estates. It's the same thing here. There are plenty of hard working, decent people that live there because they simply can't afford anything else. No the woman in question definitely sounds dodgey to say the least.

Archived