Woman held for noisy sex 'breach'

The Rover

Equally scary to think they were only 17 doing that :(

I'm with you about the stigma that comes with housing estates. It's the same thing here. There are plenty of hard working, decent people that live there because they simply can't afford anything else. No the woman in question definitely sounds dodgey to say the least.

Another article states that, 'The conditions of the order banned Cartwright from making excessive noise, knocking, shouting, screaming or vocalisation that can be heard in neighbouring properties or outside the house'.

She sounds lovely...

Regarding the story, though, the whole council estate thing may add just a bit more perspective on it.

Tsk Tsk, anyone going to admonish this post?

One of the largest council estates in the country is in my town... I've known people who've lived there from the very beginning, and they're decent people. They're working class, but they're down-to-earth and decent. It's usually the second and third (and new) generation that are yobs.

2h6sh6r.jpg

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...lice/article.do

Woman held for noisy sex 'breach'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wear/8021185.stm

27 April 2009

A woman has been remanded in custody accused of breaching an Asbo banning her from being noisy during sex.

"Can you hear me moanin' and groanin' babe ?"

Neighbours complained of hearing Caroline Cartwright, 48, groaning and her bed banging against the wall at her home in Washington, Wearside.

Earlier this month she was given a four-year Asbo banning her from making excessive noise anywhere in England.

But she appeared in court on Monday, charged with three breaches of her Asbo in just 10 days.

She was remanded in custody until 5 May.

Cartwright was convicted of five breaches of a noise abatement notice on 17 April and fined £515.

But Houghton le Spring Magistrates' Court heard police arrested her on 18 April, on 22 April and again on 26 April, after reports from neighbours she was flouting the ban with her husband Steve.

Prosecutor Claire Ward said neighbours complained to police about early morning noises including shouting and groaning coming from the Cartwrights' home in Hall Road, Concord, Washington.

Cartwright elected to be tried by jury and the case will be transferred to Newcastle Crown Court at a later date.

How's it going "The Rover" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope the week has been treating all of you well. As for me, the whole weekend as well as Monday was totally f*c*ed for me but that's another story for the books. "The Rover," this noisy sex story should be a wake-up call as well as a message for all of the home and apartment builders. I think that the noise-proof walls need to be a lot more thicker and stronger so this poor couple can experience sex in their own home anyway that they want to. In my opinion, this noisy sex story is just another perfect example of how the judicial system makes money at this couple's expense. I'm sure that the other neighbor's make their own fair share of noises as well, lets not be hypocritical here. ROCK ON!

I can certainly understand why the gentlemen in Led Zeppelin like to travel. No need to get stuck in all that craziness when you could be out having a ball somewhere less restrictive instead.

I wonder what animals in a zoo must think. They do not always have much privacy either.

What a load of crap Honey. Give it up.

^hmm, I don't know, MH. Yes the media blows things out of proportion, but that doesn't mean what this lady's doing is any less annoying. As a reference point, the guy across the street would come home from wherever at 2:30am every night. He was blaring the radio so loud that you could hear the words from inside his car while all the doors and windows were closed. Then he'd get out of his car to get something from his house and leave the car door open in the meantime. This is anti-social behaviour at any time of day, let alone in the middle of the night. I couldn't care less whether what he's listening to is an edifying speech or simply news or whatever (not music, just talking in a foreign language). So like with this lady, it's not about the act itself (or content of sound) it's the complete disregard, and willful disrespect of fellow neighbours that is at the heart of the matter. ASS HOLE!

^hmm, I don't know, MH. Yes the media blows things out of proportion, but that doesn't mean what this lady's doing is any less annoying. As a reference point, the guy across the street would come home from wherever at 2:30am every night. He was blaring the radio so loud that you could hear the words from inside his car while all the doors and windows were closed. Then he'd get out of his car to get something from his house and leave the car door open in the meantime. This is anti-social behaviour at any time of day, let alone in the middle of the night. I couldn't care less whether what he's listening to is an edifying speech or simply news or whatever (not music, just talking in a foreign language). So like with this lady, it's not about the act itself (or content of sound) it's the complete disregard, and willful disrespect of fellow neighbours that is at the heart of the matter. ASS HOLE!

Hi 'Patrycja'

Class post, and spot on. :beer:

Me thinks that the people who are goading Knebby are the type of people who would act in the same disrespectful way as the people in question themselves, just my observation. :watchingyou:

Regards, Danny

How's it going "The Rover" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope the week has been treating all of you well. As for me, the whole weekend as well as Monday was totally f*c*ed for me but that's another story for the books. "The Rover," this noisy sex story should be a wake-up call as well as a message for all of the home and apartment builders. I think that the noise-proof walls need to be a lot more thicker and stronger so this poor couple can experience sex in their own home anyway that they want to. In my opinion, this noisy sex story is just another perfect example of how the judicial system makes money at this couple's expense. I'm sure that the other neighbor's make their own fair share of noises as well, lets not be hypocritical here. ROCK ON!

Yes, in this case she appears to have been singled out. Equal protection of the law would be an issue. It's a shame that communities are designed to invade the privacy of consenting adults. All of what she's got is meant for him, not them, and yet they get involved.

Perhaps if someone in higher education in league with the construction industry would offer an award for the best new architectural design to accommodate adults who are in their healthy, energetic reproductive years then the housing might improve.

Sometimes, the law is not applied equally. Those who we like obtain favorable treatment, and those who we do not like get the kind of deal that this poor woman has received.

Yeah, that's what landed her in the shit - paper thin walls... :rolleyes:

To all of you who seem to think that we need to reevaluate our housing, remind again what the majority of US housing is made of? Timber?

I met a very nice waitress in my hotel in Florida in '04 who had to live there, whilst she had her home rebuilt during the aftermath of Hurricane Charley. When I asked her what could be done to protect homes in the future, she said, 'We need to make houses out of brick'. I watched her walk away with two black carrier bags with all she had. She had to live in the place that she worked.

Suddenly our 'paper thin' walls didn't seem so bad after all.

It's bad for the woman who was invaded by the community so they could destroy her private sex life.

So, you're basically saying that it's the council estates fault that this women couldn't keep it down?

Oh, my god :slapface:

The conditions of the order banned her from making excessive noise, knocking, shouting, screaming or vocalisation that can be heard in neighbouring properties or outside the house.

So, whose fault would it be if she could be heard from the street? The person with ears, or the person screaming? They didn't invade anyone, she imposed her noise on them.

So, you're basically saying that it's the council estates fault that this women couldn't keep it down?

Oh, my god :slapface:

The conditions of the order banned her from making excessive noise, knocking, shouting, screaming or vocalisation that can be heard in neighbouring properties or outside the house.

So, whose fault would it be if she could be heard from the street? The person with ears, or the person screaming? They didn't invade anyone, she imposed her noise on them.

Don't try to reason with Honey. Every now and again she thinks she is an expert on things she knows fuck all about.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Oh my God!

:hysterical:

I say if this woman wants to have such loud and crazy sex that everyone in the neighborhood can hear it, SHE needs to sound-proof her walls so she doesn't get into any trouble.

It's totally understandable that once in a while, you may hear your neighbors having sex if they live in close quarters to you. However, it shouldn't be an "every time you have sex" thing. I agree with others--if it's not you going at it, NO ONE wants to hear it. Yes, most people agree that loud sex is fun sometimes when you're the one doing it, but it's not fun when you're bystander.

This reason is exactly why I'm happy I no longer live in an apartment or have roommates. I hated it when I could hear the neighbors or my roommates.

I wish you lived next door to her.

Here your your home is your castle as is your sex life. So let's say if someone wants to invade that, they are actually by all rights the ones breaking the law.

Not sure about the U.K. I think it's pretty much the same though.

:D

Edit: Actually I know it is. All we've ever gotten were silly grins or chuckles. Point being it is taken too seriously I think. The media loves this stuff, plain fact. Girl will probably get a movie deal on it.

Here your your home is your castle as is your sex life. So let's say if someone wants to invade that, they are actually by all rights the ones breaking the law.

Not sure about the U.K. I think it's pretty much the same though.

:D

Edit: Actually I know it is. All we've ever gotten were silly grins or chuckles. Point being it is taken too seriously I think. The media loves this stuff, plain fact. Girl will probably get a movie deal on it.

A sequel to TSRTS filmed in a

sounds good. They could cast her as Guinevere.

Archived