Woman held for noisy sex 'breach'

The Rover

Don't try to reason with Honey. Every now and again she thinks she is an expert on things she knows fuck all about.

As I've noticed. Every so often I wonder what planet these people are from.

Here your your home is your castle as is your sex life. So let's say if someone wants to invade that, they are actually by all rights the ones breaking the law.

Not sure about the U.K. I think it's pretty much the same though.

:D

Edit: Actually I know it is. All we've ever gotten were silly grins or chuckles. Point being it is taken too seriously I think. The media loves this stuff, plain fact. Girl will probably get a movie deal on it.

No one invaded her home. No one broke into her home. Her neighbours reported her to the police because she was too noisy.

Replace the sex with volatile arguments, say, and we'll see just how lenient some of you are. Is it just as acceptable if she's playing her telly too loud, or her radio? Just because she's doing something fun, it doesn't mean every other poor sod has to hear it - and nor should it mean she should be let off, either.

As I've noticed. Every so often I wonder what planet these people are from.

No one invaded her home. No one broke into her home. Her neighbours reported her to the police because she was too noisy.

Replace the sex with volatile arguments, say, and we'll see just how lenient some of you are. Is it just as acceptable if she's playing her telly too loud, or her radio? Just because she's doing something fun, it doesn't mean every other poor sod has to hear it - and nor should it mean she should be let off, either.

Earplugs are very cheap. I never heard anyone say she was arguing, did I miss something here?

It's my opinion her neighbors should mind their own business. Of course I've never heard her now, she may have a megaphone or something. But it's more than likely jealous old farts looking for trouble.

A sequel to TSRTS filmed in a
sounds good. They could cast her as Guinevere.

Or, "This is an apt title for a thing thats called, "The Sex Remains The Same""

Sorry. :blush:

Edited for taste!

Earplugs are very cheap. I never heard anyone say she was arguing, did I miss something here?

It's my opinion her neighbors should mind their own business. Of course I've never heard her now, she may have a megaphone or something. But it's more than likely jealous old farts looking for trouble.

The argument was an example. How many of you would be able forgive the noise if she were arguing instead?

You can't make other people mind their own business when her noise is infringing on them. From what I've read, she was having sex sometimes between 3-6 in the morning. How can you expect people to be forgiven at that time? It's not about 'jealous old farts', it's about respect. Everyone makes noise, but not every imposes it on others. Why should she be any different?

If you've never been to/lived on a council estate in the UK, you really don't have a clue what you're talking about. That's all I can say.

The argument was an example. How many of you would be able forgive the noise if she were arguing instead?

You can't make other people mind their own business when her noise is infringing on them. From what I've read, she was having sex sometimes between 3-6 in the morning. How can you expect people to be forgiven at that time? It's not about 'jealous old farts', it's about respect. Everyone makes noise, but not every imposes it on others. Why should she be any different?

If you've never been to/lived on a council estate in the UK, you really don't have a clue what you're talking about. That's all I can say.

Well,

I'm not sure what an "Council Estate" is? All I'm saying is we don't get police involved in minor things around here. We need our police for criminals, nymphos we add a ball gag to.

Well,

I'm not sure what an "Council Estate" is? All I'm saying is we don't get police involved in minor things around here. We need our police for criminals, nymphos we add a ball gag to.

It was explained on the other page that it is the equivalent to housing projects in the states and I disagree that cops don't get involved in minor things around here. I don't understand why it's so difficult to grasp that her behaviour was out of line and she had ample opportunities to rectify it. Chose not to and now she has to pay the consequences.

Cartwright told the court: "I am not making the noise on purpose. I have no desire to hurt anybody or damage any property."

Her lawyer Peter Lowthian claimed that the couple themselves had been the target of vandalism and abusive behaviour, adding that they could also hear sounds from next door, including that of O'Connor having sex.

digitalspy.com/odd/a153070/noisy-sex-recording-played-in-court

It was explained on the other page that it is the equivalent to housing projects in the states and I disagree that cops don't get involved in minor things around here. I don't understand why it's so difficult to grasp that her behaviour was out of line and she had ample opportunities to rectify it. Chose not to and now she has to pay the consequences.

Probably because all laws are justifiable as the same across all jurisdictions in every state country or "housing arena."

Would be the same as one person having fits over someone throwing gum on a sidewalk while another person would be aware that kids are gonna do it no matter what, so we pay millions a year to have it cleaned off.

It's a very weird arrest or it would not be all over the news right now.

I have lived in apartments before where you can hear the neighbors having sex. Yes, it's a little gross when you hear them at it, but come on! Punishing her for being too loud? That's just a little on the stupid side.

Yeah, jail? Now come on. Put a ball gag in her and have a ball for goodness sakes.

I gotta go, I haven't laughed so hard in days...

Cheers/Peace

:D

Someone recorded her voice while she was having sex more than likely without her permission.

That is invasive.

They recorded it from INSIDE THEIR HOME.

Therefore, Sherlock, the noise was invading their home. :rolleyes:

Oh please, sir, could you record me having sex and then fine me?

I doubt she gave them permission to record her.

It is interesting to note that she apparently did not record her neighbor having sex, although it was reported that she also could be heard.

Pot kettle black and so on.

Oh please, sir, could you record me having sex and then fine me?

I doubt she gave them permission to record her.

It is interesting to note that she apparently did not record her neighbor having sex, although it was reported that she also could be heard.

Pot kettle black and so on.

Because permission isn't required in this case. It was recorded from inside the other family's home. If they'd recorded from inside the woman's home, and then used it against her, that would be wrong. But as it is, they recorded her from inside their home.

And it's probably evident that the other couple, though would've made noise, wouldn't have sounded like they were being murdered. As you posted in that article, they thought domestic abuse was happening initially.

In some jurisdictions permission might be required.

It's apparent that the law in this case encourages state-sponsored voyeurism at the expense of people's privacy. This when public policy ought to encourage better housing to accommodate grown consenting adults in a relationship during their healthy reproductive years.

It's not enough that London has a sleaze district for this sort of thing.

In some jurisdictions permission might be required.

It's apparent that the law in this case encourages state-sponsored voyeurism at the expense of people's privacy. This when public policy ought to encourage better housing to accommodate grown consenting adults in a relationship during their healthy reproductive years.

It's not enough that London has a sleaze district for this sort of thing.

Firstly, check your geography. London is in the south east of England, Washington is in the north east of England. They're completely irrelevent to each other in this case.

Secondly, you're not British and it's obvious, because if you were, you'd realise that what you're trying to argue for is completely irrelevent. 'State-sponsored voyeurism'? Are you on crack? I suppose every person who reports a crime must be a snitch, then?

Thirdly, a large amount of people who live on council estates do so because they can't afford anywhere else. My cousin lives in one and it's a pretty nice home. The council have practically rebuilt her entire home. And her walls are not a problem, either. It has nothing to do with the house - it has everything to do with the people who live in them.

Let me see if I understand. You seem to be saying that Washington does not have a sleaze district that is close enough. So the courts must obtain their own prurient entertainment any way they can. Thank heaven for thin walls.

Gotcha.

She did not commit a crime.

She was simply Too Loud and she still can't afford proper housing.

Let me see if I understand. You seem to be saying that Washington does not have a sleaze district that is close enough. So the courts must obtain their own prurient entertainment any way they can. Thank heaven for thin walls.

Gotcha.

She was simply Too Loud and she still can't afford proper housing.

Uh, you were the one that first mentioned London. The woman is from Washington, Tyne and Wear (just incase you'd give me some crapola about Washington D.C) - what the fuck does the 'sleazy' part of London have to do with a town on the other side of the country? Further more, what does the red light district of any town have to do with the argument?

So, you didn't understand.

Yes, she did. If she could still get away with humping without disturbing the peace, I'm sure she would. But the fact is she was told to keep it down, and she didn't, meaning that she was breaching an order that the police had given her. When you're given an ASBO, it's not a medal for how well behaved you are - it's because you've been anti-social. And repeated offences meant that she was committing a crime. You don't go to court for a social gathering.

Honestly, this is worse than being in the Spats thread. At least he makes sense when he argues back.

Uh, you were the one that first mentioned London. The woman is from Washington, Tyne and Wear (just incase you'd give me some crapola about Washington D.C) - what the fuck does the 'sleazy' part of London have to do with a town on the other side of the country? Further more, what does the red light district of any town have to do with the argument?

So, you didn't understand.

Yes, she did. If she could still get away with humping without disturbing the peace, I'm sure she would. But the fact is she was told to keep it down, and she didn't, meaning that she was breaching an order that the police had given her. When you're given an ASBO, it's not a medal for how well behaved you are - it's because you've been anti-social. And repeated offences meant that she was committing a crime. You don't go to court for a social gathering.

Honestly, this is worse than being in the Spats thread. At least he makes sense when he argues back.

This is her game - she enjoys riling people up by nitpicking every point you make quoting wiki and youtube. I'd save yourself the frustration and ignore her which is what I generally do. Shame she isn't interested in actually having a discussion or contributing.

Archived