Slash and Jason

Medhb

is this new? Just posted on Youtube in March.

Personally, I LOVE it!!

Sorry if this is a double post, I thought I clicked 'Post new topic' but it didn't show up in this thread :huh:

is this new? Just posted on Youtube in March.

Personally, I LOVE it!!

Sorry if this is a double post, I thought I clicked 'Post new topic' but it didn't show up in this thread :huh:

Awesome 'Medhb'

Was that Evster on stage with Slash?

Regards, Danny

:thumbsup:

:yesnod:

I'm a huge fan of Jerry and AIC. Jerry's solo stuff is beyond amazing as well. Those who say AIC is Layne Staley aren't totally educated on that band, even though Layne was amazing. Jerry wrote 90% of the material and sang some of their best songs. :D

I'm a huge fan of Jerry and AIC. Jerry's solo stuff is beyond amazing as well. Those who say AIC is Layne Staley aren't totally educated on that band, even though Layne was amazing. Jerry wrote 90% of the material and sang some of their best songs. :D

I love Alice in Chains! I don't know Jerry's solo stuff. What would you recommend (assuming there is more than one) starting with?

Do you like the new Alice in Chains? I haven't heard them but a friend of mine who's also a big fan says the new singer is fantastic.

It seems Jason just can't get enough of playing Zep live. Good for him...and for us! Hey, I know who he could play with...JK! Is he rocking a Zep t-shirt? lol

Is it me, though, or does NOBODY do Led Zeppelin like Led Zeppelin??? Aside from most of the Kashmir Symphonic Led Zeppelin cd, I really don't like any covers I've heard.

That said, thanks ever so much for the link, Medhb, I do like the JB sighting. He's more of a straight up rock drummer than his dad but he's got a great feel nonetheless. It's a pleasure to watch someone do what they love so well

I love Alice in Chains! I don't know Jerry's solo stuff. What would you recommend (assuming there is more than one) starting with?

Do you like the new Alice in Chains? I haven't heard them but a friend of mine who's also a big fan says the new singer is fantastic.

No Excuses 2006

I Like the vibe of Jason, and also the vibe Slash has by covering WLL, but the singer (who is this emo?) really sucks, no balls whatsoever.

(Of course someone will now jump at me and tell me this singer is a true genius, and that I am just a dumb musical barbarian, lol.....it's just my opinion)

I Like the vibe of Jason, and also the vibe Slash has by covering WLL, but the singer (who is this emo?) really sucks, no balls whatsoever.

(Of course someone will now jump at me and tell me this singer is a true genius, and that I am just a dumb musical barbarian, lol.....it's just my opinion)

I think it's Perry Ferrell from Jane's Addiction?

I think it's Perry Ferrell from Jane's Addiction?

It is. And in my opinion, he sucks. <_<

Back to Cantrell (for Ninelives)...Jerry has two solo cd's, "Boggy Depot" from 1998- Mike & Sean also play on this, and "Degradation Trip" from 2002. The second is available in either one disc or a two disc set. Get the double. It's a dark, mysterious and very personal look into Jerry's being. But both are great. Definitely add them to your list.

And William DuVall is the new singer for AIC- he's not trying to be Layne, he's putting his own spin on things. And it WORKS. New album in September! :thumbsup:

Back to Cantrell (for Ninelives)...Jerry has two solo cd's, "Boggy Depot" from 1998- Mike & Sean also play on this, and "Degradation Trip" from 2002. The second is available in either one disc or a two disc set. Get the double. It's a dark, mysterious and very personal look into Jerry's being. But both are great. Definitely add them to your list.

And William DuVall is the new singer for AIC- he's not trying to be Layne, he's putting his own spin on things. And it WORKS. New album in September! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all this! I had no idea they had even reformed (guess I've been under a rock for a WHILE!!). Loved those vids...audio sounded good, too!

sharon

Cool - thanks for the recommendation - dark and mysterious sounds good to me :D

I checked out a bit of William DuVall and you're right - his voice is similar but I think it's just how it is, not that he's trying and definitely putting his own spin on things. Will look forward to the new album in September!

I'll be adding them RA. I have to admit that I lost track myself after Layne died but I like this new singer and the band is still more than capable of kicking it out. IMHO, Jerry Cantrell is right up there with some of the great rock players ever.

Archived