New album, new group?

trahcwolf

There seems to be no shortage of rumors concerning if/when two or three of the original band will get a new album/tour going.

What I want to know is...if the worst should happen, what chance is there of some public release of whatever they have been rehearsing?

Will we ever get a full public acknowledgment from one of the original band members stating the tour/album is definitely one way or the other?

We have - Robert has said he's not touring or working with Jimmy and John Paul, Jimmy's manager issued a statement that there is no project with Jimmy, JPJ or Jason Bonham and John Paul Jones has stated he's not working with them either. Robert is planning a second album with Alison Krauss, John Paul is working on a new project with Dave Grohl and others and we're not sure what Jimmy is doing at the moment.

There seems to be no shortage of rumors concerning if/when two or three of the original band will get a new album/tour going.

What I want to know is...if the worst should happen, what chance is there of some public release of whatever they have been rehearsing?

Will we ever get a full public acknowledgment from one of the original band members stating the tour/album is definitely one way or the other?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the worst," but I think it's already happened. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by "the worst," but I think it's already happened. ;)

I haven't heard rumors of a Zeppelin reunion since... when? Not so many of them anymore since the statement of Peter Mensch I'd say.

To round up:

Led Zep reunite in 07, Jimmy/JPJ/Jason want LZ tour, Robert doesn't and he couldn't have anyway as his tour with Alison Krauss was already booked.

Jimmy/JPJ/Jason jam together with various singers the only ones who definitely did work with them are Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. It appears that a tour with Myles Kennedy was possibly going to happen although everything fell through, Jimmy's manager said that nothing is going to happen with JPJ/Jason in the immediate future.

In 2008 Jimmy and JPJ guest with the Foo Fighters and Jimmy does the closing ceremony of the Olympics.

As of now: Robert Plant recording another album with Alison, doing a special gig at The O2 dueting with people.

Jimmy Page is promoting It Might Get Loud and apparently working on new material.

John Paul Jones is in a new band called Them Crooked Vultures

That is why we all come to this forum. To find out what is really going on, which is nothing in the regards to Led Zeppelin but the real goings on are in each individual's current and future projects.

I was driving today and Ramble-on was on the radio. When the song ended the woman on Q107 in Toronto started talking about the new JPJ project. Then she started talking about JP deciding to take the summer off and that he will have a major announcement about a major project in December. My first thought was I've heard this before. Anyone else hear anything like this?

I was driving today and Ramble-on was on the radio. When the song ended the woman on Q107 in Toronto started talking about the new JPJ project. Then she started talking about JP deciding to take the summer off and that he will have a major announcement about a major project in December. My first thought was I've heard this before. Anyone else hear anything like this?

JP did say that he had something planned for later on when he was promoting It Might Get Loud.

Major announcement for a major project I would guess means either solo album or sorting out the O2 DVD. I'm 99.999999999999% sure it's not Zeppelin.

• 4 weeks later...

JP did say that he had something planned for later on when he was promoting It Might Get Loud.

Major announcement for a major project I would guess means either solo album or sorting out the O2 DVD. I'm 99.999999999999% sure it's not Zeppelin.

Whatever it is, I'm hoping beyond hope that it'll involve Jimmy touring: I've just GOT to see The Man before it's too late.....

Archived