I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

13 hours ago, kipper said:

I'm usually very disappointed with most remakes. Haven't seen Sahara yet, have to check it out.  One remake I thought I would hate but really enjoyed was 3:10 To Yuma. I really hope they never pollute Dirty Harry with a remake.  I was sad to hear the railroad overpass Callahan stood on before he leaped on to the bus was demolished a few years ago.

Another Eastwood film collaboration with director Don Siegel (Dirty Harry) that I really liked was Coogan's Bluff (1968).

spacer.png

I've seen plenty of film location shoots over the years. The biggest star I saw up close and had a chance to speak with Burt Reynolds during a shoot for the film Hustle (1975). I remember saying something goofy to him about how my mother was a huge fan of his, and Reynolds says, "have any pictures of her?"  with that devil's grin of his.

spacer.png

Yeah, we used to drive by that old place where Clint wasted Scorpio. I'm guessing it was a quarry.

Here's a terrible remake. CGI really sucks.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/kingkong/images/e/e8/King_kong_2005_poster.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20170310191031&path-prefix=en

11 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Completely agree Kipper, whenever I watch The Godfather movies, I usually always skip the third one.

I only watched GFIII once and was horrified by how bad it was. Since then I try to put it out of my mind and focus on Michael Corleone sitting alone at his home in Tahoe showing an aged and weary face as the wind blows the dry leaves across the ground and consider that the last page in the story.  Godfather III is more dead to me than Fredo was to Micheal after Fredo broke Michael's heart.

This was the end of that story.... there were no other pages in the tale, nor did it need any.  There are many ways to make sauce, but if you keep adding ingredients to it after it already perfect, you will fuck it up every time.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:33 AM, redrum said:

Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor.  Was watching There Will Be Blood (2007) the other day again.  Really liked his hat in that film too! And good musical score in that film. Not as heroic sounding as Last of the Mohicans, but the violin music builds tension throughout the film.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, redrum said:

He was great. I need to watch more of him. Used to have this poster.

Five Best: Susanna Moore on Hollywood Lives - WSJ

Being I'm kind of graveyard kook too, a few years ago I was able to sneak into the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery and check out his niche. Lots of film stars and celebrities buried there at Forest Lawn. Not just the one in Glendale, but down around the way over in The Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills cemetery over next to Warner Bros, and the ABC/ Disney studios. My father and grandparents also buried there.  So many celebrity graves here. Also the Hollywood Forever cemetery over in Hollywood near the Paramount Studio is a major tourist attraction, but that cemetery kind of encourages visitors. Ever since Michael Jackson was interred in the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn in Glendale--- fat chance trying to sneak in now to the private areas of that mausoleum.  Used to go there all time as a kid. Kind of creepy actually.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Micheal Jackson tomb

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, kipper said:

Being I'm kind of graveyard kook too, a few years ago I was able to sneak into the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery and check out his niche. Lots of film stars and celebrities buried there at Forest Lawn. Not just the one in Glendale, but down around the way over in The Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills cemetery over next to Warner Bros, and the ABC/ Disney studios. My father and grandparents also buried there.  So many celebrity graves here. Also the Hollywood Forever cemetery over in Hollywood near the Paramount Studio is a major tourist attraction, but that cemetery kind of encourages visitors. Ever since Michael Jackson was interred in the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn in Glendale--- fat chance trying to sneak in now to the private areas of that mausoleum.  Used to go there all time as a kid. Kind of creepy actually.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Micheal Jackson tomb

spacer.png

Wow! Would love to see those places sometime. The perpetual sunshine also gets me. Lots of famous people buried in Colma, just south of SF.

Joe DiMaggio

Wyatt Earp

Vince Guaraldi.

On 9/21/2020 at 6:07 PM, kipper said:

I only watched GFIII once and was horrified by how bad it was. Since then I try to put it out of my mind and focus on Michael Corleone sitting alone at his home in Tahoe showing an aged and weary face as the wind blows the dry leaves across the ground and consider that the last page in the story.  Godfather III is more dead to me than Fredo was to Micheal after Fredo broke Michael's heart.

This was the end of that story.... there were no other pages in the tale, nor did it need any.  There are many ways to make sauce, but if you keep adding ingredients to it after it already perfect, you will fuck it up every time.

Again I completely agree, weren't they suppose to make a Sopranos movie, like a prequel to Tony's childhood?

It's was supposed to be filmed in my childhood home town of the Ironbound section of Newark, I was looking forward to that.

4 hours ago, kipper said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Micheal Jackson tomb

spacer.png

I don't give a fuck about Michael Jackson or his tomb. He has ruined Forest Lawn Glendale. I spend more time now at the Hollywood Forest Lawn...Buster Keaton is buried there. As is Ronnie James Dio.

A couple of more downbeat movies...shot in that unmistakable post-"Easy Riders" early-'70s vibe.

"Panic in Needle Park" I have seen many times, of course. Poor Kitty Wynn. But "Dealing" I had never even heard of until doing some research on Barbara Hershey recently. It's one of her early roles and she has a nude scene. This is also the film debut of John Lithgow. And Paul Sorvino pops up as he usually does in these gritty 1970s movies. Based on a book by Michael Crichton. 

"Panic" is the better movie of the two.

943831aa6d4a7d8337b049e77a9c113d--parks-image.jpg.178faf75b01afa9e6158581669988d63.jpg

OIP_1.jpeg.8d1a154c5cfbf0729b1f13a6608d4d6a.jpeg

Edited by Strider

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

A couple of more downbeat movies...shot in that unmistakable post-"Easy Riders" early-'70s vibe.

"Panic in Needle Park" I have seen many times, of course. Poor Kitty Wynn. But "Dealing" I had never even heard of until doing some research on Barbara Hershey recently. It's one of her early roles and she has a nude scene. This is also the film debut of John Lithgow.

943831aa6d4a7d8337b049e77a9c113d--parks-image.jpg.178faf75b01afa9e6158581669988d63.jpg

Never saw it. Will have to check it out. Now the needles are everywhere.

43 minutes ago, Strider said:

"Panic in Needle Park" I have seen many times, of course. Poor Kitty Wynn. But "Dealing" I had never even heard of until doing some research on Barbara Hershey recently. It's one of her early roles and she has a nude scene. This is also the film debut of John Lithgow. And Paul Sorvino pops up as he usually does in these gritty 1970s movies. Based on a book by Michael Crichton. 

"Panic" is the better movie of the two.

OIP_1.jpeg.8d1a154c5cfbf0729b1f13a6608d4d6a.jpeg

Strider I can’t believe you posted this, I purchased The Panic In Needle Park couple weeks ago, great movie.

44 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

Strider I can’t believe you posted this, I purchased The Panic In Needle Park couple weeks ago, great movie.

Watching movies like "Panic in Needle Park" as a kid is a major reason why I resisted the lure of the "romantic junkie" myth, no matter how many rock stars or friends of mine did heroin. No thank you. Keep that shit away from me.

49 minutes ago, Strider said:

Watching movies like "Panic in Needle Park" as a kid is a major reason why I resisted the lure of the "romantic junkie" myth, no matter how many rock stars or friends of mine did heroin. No thank you. Keep that shit away from me.

Same here, it scared the hell out of seeing all the junkies around back in the 70’s, it kept me away from drugs.