I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Since the last movie thread is now debunk, I'll rehash the last movie I saw and start a new thread.

American Gangster.

The acting was brilliant from both sides and Josh Brolin gave the best performance I think I've ever seen outta him, well who can forget that 80s steroids movie he made we all had to sit through in health class?

Denz and Russ were top notch and Ridley Scott is a strong candidate for best director, but I still think Sean Penn (Into the Wild) deserves it, as of now.

You know those horror movies that you can see 5 times and STILL discover new things?

You know those horror movies that grip you right from the start until the very end without a hint of a weak or inferior moment?

You know those horror movies that are tension-laced and kick your ass completely when it comes to highly innovative, gruesome murders?

You know those horror movies that are old, but were way ahead of their time when they first got released?

ALL OF THIS AND MORE IS....

suspiria.jpg

This is a keeper, trust me!

Just finished watching it (in the dark!)

Since the last movie thread is now debunk, I'll rehash the last movie I saw and start a new thread.

I havent been to the movies for a while but after looking at your picture I wish I could go and see Jaws at the cinema again.

Greatest movie experience I ever had was watching Jaws on the big screen. Ain't nothing like it.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I liked it. I didn't at first, but as the movie went on and started to make sense, I really started liking it. I think I'd have to watch it again, though, to completely understand everything. It's a very interesting concept, though, and I like the way they handled it. The acting was really good too. :)

Edited by Mona

I havent been to the movies for a while but after looking at your picture I wish I could go and see Jaws at the cinema again.

Greatest movie experience I ever had was watching Jaws on the big screen. Ain't nothing like it.

My fav movie of all time, Spielberg's best and some of the best film editing ever done by Verna Fields. Voted # 1 on several "scariest movie" lists. Though I'm not afraid of the ocean and don't necessarily agree, being eaten alive by a shark still scares the shit outta almost anybody who walks this planet.

My fav movie of all time, Spielberg's best and some of the best film editing ever done by Verna Fields. Voted # 1 on several "scariest movie" lists. Though I'm not afraid of the ocean and don't necessarily agree, being eaten alive by a shark still scares the shit outta almost anybody who walks this planet.

Ditto. My fave movie of all time as well. As I said, nothing has ever come close to matching my Jaws cinema experiences, and yes it is definately Spielberg's best film. Probably because it wasn't ALL Spielberg behind it.

I do think Jaws is the scariest movie of all time because of the psychological effect it had on people after viewing. It stayed with you, long after the viewing experience ended. No film has ever come close to that. Jaws is the most psychologically effective movie ever made. People believed it and it affected them. I know people today who will not go swimming in the ocean because of Jaws. The power that movie had over people was unbelievable and for those who were not around at the time they wouldn't understand it.

It was just meant to be a thriller......yet people thought it was a fact and sharks had a pretty rough time for a long while after and got very little sympathy.

Considering I've seen sharks numerous times in the wild, I can definitely say they are quite skiddish and more times than not, leave you alone.

I'll never forget our catamaran flipping over 3miles off the Jersey coast when I was 16. I couldn't help but think about Jaws 2 while I floated alongside waiting for my buddy's pop to flip it back over.

DnC was my last two years of high school. So much, we made wooden paddles for the Freshmen in wood shop and nearly got suspended once they found out our intentions. Still miss the days of racing my car after school to a crowd of 100 bystanders and drinking at our "moontower" in the middle of the Pine Barrens.

I went to see American Gangster the other day.

It was very good, but it didn't really excite me or anything. I wasn't left with that thoughtful feeling I usually get when I've just watched a really good movie.

It was really good though.

This is very hard to explain.

I guess gangster movies just aren't my favourite thing.

Except Tarantino's. They're the only ones that have really excited me and made me wanna watch them time and again.

So, yeah...

And watching people inject heroin makes my arms imaginary-hurt.