I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Me too. It's playing right near me but I'm so cash poor this week I have to wait :(

:console:

I paid only 3 dollars yesterday for the movie ticket, I was :o:o

The normal price is 9 dollars. But it's a Christmas promotion, a present to the audience. I think it was a great idea.

Maybe some kind of promotion is waiting for you there soon. :)

My mom and I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby yesterday. I was worried that it would be terrible, but to my surprise I kinda liked it. The best part was probably the Eleanor Roosevelt "quote" at the beginning though :lol:

Edited by Kissandra

I saw Juno Last night. It was an alright film. Women will like it more than guys. It has a sissy element to it. There were some women in the audience crying during the film.Ugh.

A few complaints..

The lead character is "Juno" played by Ellen Page. She plays a 16 year old girl who gets pregnant and who decides to give the baby to a couple played by Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner. The dialogue by this 16 year old character is just too unrealistic for a 16 year old. She talks like a woman in her thirties. Some of the things this girl says is too unbelievable. She references Soupy Sales for crying out loud. I dare you to find a 16 year old girl who is familiar with Soupy Sales!!!!!!!

That's the problem with a lot of the dialogue in this movie. People just don't talk like that. The dialogue gets too clever for it's own good.

Michael Cera pretty much plays the same character he played in Superbad. The Wimpy, awkward, nerd. This guy has no acting range. But amazingly the Ellen Page character hooks up with him. Not realistic.

On the good side Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner do a good job. Garner plays the woman who Juno is going to give the baby to. Her character wants a baby so bad that it's pathetic and Garner conveys that well.

It's still an amusing film though.

I've been in a moviegoing flurry the last couple weeks: I Am Legend, The Diving Bell And The Butterfly, National Treasure: Book Of Secrets, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story(wish there'd have been more Jack White as Elvis), Sweeney Todd(Depp was awesome, he deserves the Oscar nom he'll get), AvP: Requiem, Charlie Wilson's War, and just saw There Will Be Blood(great, though not as great as I expected I'm sad to report, Day-Lewis unrelentingly brilliant though) last night . . . I'll hopefully be getting through Juno, Atonement, The Great Debaters, The Bucket List, and maybe Persepolis by Jan. 1st . . .

i've seen some "chick flicks" this week "Enchanted" (adorable!) and "The Water Horse The Legend of the Deep" the scenery alone in this one is worth it...and i thought of Jimmy Page...he had a house on Loch Ness.

I am Legend was good too.

llast month came Sherek 3th,oh my God, The imigrant song,in this film I don´t belive...it´s terrible...

And when I wachted school of rock with jack black ,the immigrant song had but the film had implore to led zeppelin let the music into the film and the film is as better than sherek.