Jimmy Page Then and Now

TypeO

Maybe not in that particular frame showing, but that's undeniably Jimmy in that vid.

I think glicine is trying to say, that in the picture you posted is NOT jimmy!! I think this picture was already posted some time back and people said it's not jimmy!!

can someone confirm if it's jimmy or not?? Steve A. Jones maybe???

Jimmy Page 1957/Huw Weldon Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6jMpNJeXg

All my life I wanted to go to Texe-can-a!!!

I'm so glad that Jimmy stayed with the guitar and not Biological research!!

Nice clip of the youth of that day! I had been told that Jimmy started out playing Skiffle but I had never seen this clip, thanks for shearing it ledzepfvr!

Nice clip of the youth of that day! I had been told that Jimmy started out playing Skiffle but I had never seen this clip, thanks for shearing it ledzepfvr!

He said, I believe it was in this most recent Mojo interview that he said that because he was so nervous on the show that he said what he was studying in school that week.

I saw this awhile back on my husbands guitar forum and found it on Youtube. When these videos are posted there is no control on what frame is showing on the still, I think, I am just learning how to do this. I know that the still frame is not Jimmy, but one needs to watch the video to see Jimmy after the introduction.

I just found this on Youtube. It is sort of relevant as it is one of the songs that Jimmy and Jackie DeShannon wrote together. I think it is Jimmy she is talking with at the beginning. I thought it was interesting.

can someone confirm if it's jimmy or not?? Steve A. Jones maybe???

In my opinion the photograph is not Jimmy, who got his first guitar at the age of twelve or thirteen if you believe the internet, fourteen if you believe Jimmy. I have been meaning to trace the origins of the photo as I believe it is yet another internet hoax/rumor.

The b&w videoclip originally aired April 6, 1958 and is from the BBC children's television programme 'All Your Own',

hosted by Huw Wheldon, produced by Leonard Chase, edited by Joanne Symons, with music directed by Griff Lewis.

'All Your Own' 1954)

Hosted by Huw Wheldon (later to become Managing Director of BBC Television). It offered youngsters a platform to show off their particular skills, such as model making or playing musical instruments.

Although in later years he chose to ignore the fact, it was here that Huw Wheldon first cut his teeth as a presenter. He had a brisk, no-nonsense manner which went down well with the viewers. He would stand, forever questioning, fingers spread over cheek, the little finger bent to the corner of his mouth, nodding in obvious interest as small boys explained how they made a boat out of matchsticks, or a Japanese child demonstrated how to make tea.

Having interviewed a small boy who had built a life-size harpsichord out of match-sticks, he turned all avuncular and posed the obvious question: 'And what do you plan to make next?' While waiting for an answer, he placed one hand on the instrument rather heavily. Sure enough, there was an ominous crunching noise from somewhere deep inside. 'Another harpsichord,' came the sad reply.

Then there was the time when an interviewee brought along his two prize pets - a mouse and an eagle. Huw launched into a long dissertation about how interesting it was that in the wild the one was the mortal enemy of the other, yet there they both were, getting on like a house on fire. At that moment, almost inevitably, the eagle gobbled up the mouse!

The classical guitarist John Williams made an early appearance on this show as did the King Brothers destined to become famous pop stars in the sixties.

Huw Wheldon was not averse to a catchphrase, as with his concluding remark he always described next week's programme as: "Whatever else it will be, it will be well and truly.....all your own"..

The boy in that pic is not Jimmy.

Ahhh, my bad for misunderstanding your post. Apologies.

In my opinion the photograph is not Jimmy, who got his first guitar at the age of twelve or thirteen if you believe the internet, fourteen if you believe Jimmy. I have been meaning to trace the origins of the photo as I believe it is yet another internet hoax/rumor.

The b&w videoclip originally aired April 6, 1958 and is from the BBC children's television programme 'All Your Own',

hosted by Huw Wheldon, produced by Leonard Chase, edited by Joanne Symons, with music directed by Griff Lewis.

'All Your Own' 1954)

Hosted by Huw Wheldon (later to become Managing Director of BBC Television). It offered youngsters a platform to show off their particular skills, such as model making or playing musical instruments.

Although in later years he chose to ignore the fact, it was here that Huw Wheldon first cut his teeth as a presenter. He had a brisk, no-nonsense manner which went down well with the viewers. He would stand, forever questioning, fingers spread over cheek, the little finger bent to the corner of his mouth, nodding in obvious interest as small boys explained how they made a boat out of matchsticks, or a Japanese child demonstrated how to make tea.

Having interviewed a small boy who had built a life-size harpsichord out of match-sticks, he turned all avuncular and posed the obvious question: 'And what do you plan to make next?' While waiting for an answer, he placed one hand on the instrument rather heavily. Sure enough, there was an ominous crunching noise from somewhere deep inside. 'Another harpsichord,' came the sad reply.

Then there was the time when an interviewee brought along his two prize pets - a mouse and an eagle. Huw launched into a long dissertation about how interesting it was that in the wild the one was the mortal enemy of the other, yet there they both were, getting on like a house on fire. At that moment, almost inevitably, the eagle gobbled up the mouse!

The classical guitarist John Williams made an early appearance on this show as did the King Brothers destined to become famous pop stars in the sixties.

Huw Wheldon was not averse to a catchphrase, as with his concluding remark he always described next week's programme as: "Whatever else it will be, it will be well and truly.....all your own"..

It's not really Jimmy???

But... but Steve...

I found it on the INTERNET!!!

lulz.

I been TypeOwn'd.

Ahhh, my bad for misunderstanding your post. Apologies.

No problem. :)

The discussion of that pic was fairly recent, and I have a vague memory that someone identified it as Noel Redding. Apologies if I'm misremembering.

Aqua, you got the right band but the wrong person. :P It was Mitch Mitchell. The photo is from the Expierence book.

In my opinion the photograph is not Jimmy, who got his first guitar at the age of twelve or thirteen if you believe the internet, fourteen if you believe Jimmy.

Another rather interesting thing is, when Jimmy and Jeff Beck were interviewed at the backstage of the RnR HOF induction ceremony, Jimmy said they've known each other since 13 or 14, and Jeff said "11", then Jimmy continued "11? Alright, 11 then, forever this".

It really made me wonder, since I've always thought Jimmy got his guitar about 12/13 and they got to know each other through Jeff's sister because they both played guitar...so it seems unlikely that they've known each other since 11. :unsure:

Aqua, you got the right band but the wrong person. :P It was Mitch Mitchell. The photo is from the Expierence book.

Thanks--must have been the guitar that made me think it was Noel Redding rather than Mitchell.

Regarding Jimmy and Jeff and their early days--what was the story about Jeff first meeting Jimmy when he (Jimmy) was standing outside a shop holding a bag of tropical fish? (This time if I'm not misremembering I may be hallucinating! :D )

Regarding Jimmy and Jeff and their early days--what was the story about Jeff first meeting Jimmy when he (Jimmy) was standing outside a shop holding a bag of tropical fish? (This time if I'm not misremembering I may be hallucinating! :D )

:o

Now this is a story I've never heard of!

That first picture is not Jimmy. I've seen it in the last 2-3 years in an issue of Mojo or Uncut for a book review. I believe that picture is part of a book documenting rock and roll & youth culture in post war 1950's England. I don't know the name of the book or the exact date it came out but I know that picture is in that book I'm referring too because I wanted to make a cover for a personal rockabilly CD I burnt with that picture as the front cover but for whatever reason I didn't get around to doing it. Still a great pic whoever the little fella is.

Just to prove I'm not totally mad, I finally found it!

It was Chris Dreja, not Jeff Beck. "I'd first met Jimmy on Tolworth Broadway, outside a pet shop, holding a bag of exotic fish." Uncut, Jan. 2009.

Ha!

A great story anyway.

I've got the wrong member of the band twice in this thread, so I'm not going to risk it a third time, though I'm pretty sure it was somebody in one of Jimmy's early bands, and very sure that he's been identified somewhere in one of the Jimmy pics threads.

Best I can do, sorry! :D

I'm sure Mitch Mitchell (drummer for Jimi Hendrix) was blond, maybe he was not blond as a kid, don't know.

This picture of Noel looks sort-a like the one at the start of this thread.

noelredding.jpg

glicine said it's a photo of Mitch Mitchell from a book on the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Archived