Eric Clapton -Roger Daltrey

Led Zep Girl

So first of all, Roger Daltrey DOES still have a voice. I remember somebody saying something about that but I cannot remember where I saw it. He is amazing! His little mic twirl he does is just....:o. I told my friend sitting next to me that he has a special mic for that and my friend was blown away. lol! Then Mr. Clapton came out. He didn't look the greatest but he delivered nonetheless. His hair was pretty long and his glasses... Did I pay money to see Eric Clapton or Buddy Holly? Anyways, me and about 6 other people all had floor seats and it was amazing. I would do it again. Okay Led Zep Girl get to the pictures!!!

100_6606.jpg

100_6614.jpg100_6577.jpg100_6586.jpg

Nice, must've been an awesome show.

I saw beck/clapton but no wonderful tonight.

Hmm....Well I was wanting to hear some CREAM stuff but that didn't happen. When he was done he just walked off the stage and kind of left us hangin'. It sorta sucked. He didn't even tell us goodbye or anything. When I saw Fleetwood Mac, they gave about 4 encores and Mick Fleetwood's last words to us were, "I love you all". That didn't happen with Eric. :( But don't get me wrong, it was a great show. I guess Eric is just about playing and not talking.

Eric did speak a bit at the Clapton/Beck concert at MSG on 2/19/2010. He said "Thank you!" after most songs, and said "Jeff Beck" after Jeff's solos. And we did have an encore, Crossroads, that they played together.

Wow, Eric really looks scruffy in your photo, Led Zep Girl. Looks like he hadn't shaved for a while. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well that night?

Eric did speak a bit at the Clapton/Beck concert at MSG on 2/19/2010. He said "Thank you!" after most songs, and said "Jeff Beck" after Jeff's solos. And we did have an encore, Crossroads, that they played together.

Wow, Eric really looks scruffy in your photo, Led Zep Girl. Looks like he hadn't shaved for a while. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well that night?

I don't know. Maybe he wasn't feeling too great. He put on a great show, but something wasn't right. I am anxious to see what kind of show he put on at Kansas City (that was the next stop) perhaps those people got their money's worth..

Your pics are much better than mine :D but I thought the show was great also, though I didn't have any problem with Clapton not talking much--he's always been that way, I'm sure there was nothing wrong when you saw him. He's not a showman, he's a guitarist--I just don't think he's into working the audience like a Jagger or a Springsteen. He was certainly in fine form last night, anyway. He lets his fingers do the talking, which is what I was there for! Too bad you didn't feel you got your money's worth. :(

(He did do one Cream song, Badge.)

Your pics are much better than mine :D but I thought the show was great also, though I didn't have any problem with Clapton not talking much--he's always been that way, I'm sure there was nothing wrong when you saw him. He's not a showman, he's a guitarist--I just don't think he's into working the audience like a Jagger or a Springsteen. He was certainly in fine form last night, anyway. He lets his fingers do the talking, which is what I was there for! Too bad you didn't feel you got your money's worth. :(

(He did do one Cream song, Badge.)

Hi Aqua,

I'll assume that was at the NO arena?

I had tix and was planning to go but my broken rib is still bothering me and would have been uncomfortable sitting up in those stadium seats so I sold my tickets at the last minute :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I saw Clapton at the HOB in NO back in 96?

An all acoustical set when he had released his all blues album.

Like you said he let's the guitar speak for him. :D

Hi Aqua,

I had tix and was planning to go but my broken rib is still bothering me and would have been uncomfortable sitting up in those stadium seats so I sold my tickets at the last minute :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I saw Clapton at the HOB in NO back in 96?

An all acoustical set when he had released his all blues album.

Like you said he let's the guitar speak for him. :D

Hi Dzldoc,

Yes it was--what a shame you couldn't go. :( It was packed and tickets were really hard to come by, so at least you must have made somebody very happy when you sold yours! I'd love to see Clapton do a blues set at a smaller venue, too--he did do some great acoustic numbers Saturday though. B)

I had tix and was planning to go but my broken rib is still bothering me and would have been uncomfortable sitting up in those stadium seats so I sold my tickets at the last minute sad.gif

Charles,

I am so sorry that you had to miss the show. I know that you were looking forward to it. sad.gif

I hope that you are feeling better.

Archived