Dear Robert

anolte

Dear Robert,

I so respect what you are doing on your own as an artist, very good stuff indeed. My regret is that a whole new generations (specifically my kids) of Zeppelin fans have been born now and they crave the musical talent of those who made them fans. They need musical direction, they want to see real talent, they want to hear new music from the greatest Rock and Roll band ever. They do not want the rock shows of today. They want raw, powerful, rare, meaningful talent on a stage showing the rest of the world how it should be done. They want the unmistakable connections that you, Jimmy, Jason and John share on stage. They want the power of Zeppelin back at the music forefront guiding what seems to be a senseless industry with only random greatness.

Can you imagine an event so big the world would have to take notice. Zeppelin headlines a rock and roll resurrection show that includes Aerosmith, Matalica, and any other band that you feel came set the stage with raw talent, drive, innovation and a kick-ass Rock N Roll attitude. Can you imagine the money that could be raised for charities. Establishing the direction of Rock and Roll, helping good causes, satisfying fans globally and forever cementing Zeppelins legacy as the undisputed best Rock and Roll Band ever.

My God, what a life dream to be able to help put something like this together, to see the appreciation from the fans, the see the reaction from the musical industry that is lost in itself and do not know where to go next. Robert, you and Led Zeppelin have more power, more control, more influence, more talent, more professionalism than anyone in the industry. You could literally walks over anyone to make it the way Zeppelin fans want it and the way Zeppelin wants it.

Come kick my ass in Memphis, TN and show us how it is done. Come show Elvis's home town what he wants them the see - a leader that can sustain Rock and Roll the way if was meant to be sustained.

Come rock our worlds and the worlds of our children. Robert, you and Zeppelin are the only group that can do this. Make it right, give to the fans, make it bigger than it is. Come ROCK MY MIND, BODY AND SOUL.

You know this is true, what are you afraid of. Why won't you take this leap of faith?

We are waiting for you. We need Zeppelin, We want Zeppelin. We need you. We all want to rock again to new stuff from Zeppelin.

It is up to you. We all love you Robert. Please don't turn your back on us!!!

Robert Plant is under absolutely no obligation from anyone, least of all himself, to do anything with the other members of Led Zeppelin. He just isn't. We'd all like to see it sure, but I'd also like a million dollars in unmarked bills on my doorstep in the morning, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

It's time people started coming to grips with the fact the O2 concert was a one-off, a tribute to a great man, and nothing more. There won't be a tour, there won't be an album, there won't be another concert. Enjoy the albums, enjoy the bootlegs, enjoy the videos of their live shows.....because that's all we're going to have.

You know this is true, what are you afraid of. Why won't you take this leap of faith?

WTF? :huh::huh:

This thread is wrong on so many levels.

Dear Jimmy and Jonesy

What's happening in your lives this week?

Love ya!

xxxxx

I haven't read the OP. However, I don't see constant threads about Jimmy going and doing something else instead of waiting for Robert to do something he clearly won't and doesn't want to. Things could change, who knows? But that isn't looking likely at the moment.

I am afraid that Jimmy will wait till the day he dies for Robert Plant to come back to him saying he wants to reform Zep.

What Zeppelin wants? What Elvis wants? One's disbanded, the other's deceased.

I've said it before but I'll say it again - Led Zeppelin is not obligated to save the planet, save the music industry, raise funds to cure Mary Jane's crotch rot or give today's youth musical orgasms via Guitar Hero or a tour. Yes, you can always ask but after 30 years why does anyone still bother? 1968 and the twelve years that followed are gone, never to be repeated. Just accept it and move on if you can.

I've said it before but I'll say it again - Led Zeppelin is not obligated to save the planet, save the music industry, raise funds to cure Mary Jane's crotch rot or give today's youth musical orgasms via Guitar Hero or a tour. Yes, you can always ask but after 30 years why does anyone still bother? 1968 and the twelve years that followed are gone, never to be repeated. Just accept it and move on if you can.

You heard it from the man right here. Doesn't get any more true than that. Time to stop clogging the forum with this shit.

You heard it from the man right here. Doesn't get any more true than that. Time to stop clogging the forum with this shit.

Besides, some idiot named Ally already tried this laugh.gif

Haha It's like telling someone there isn't a Santa Claus...and it's because of teases like the O2 2007 concert sometime all that is left is hope and a little wishful thinking--plus I really don't think at this point in the game anyone believes it'll be a repeat of 30 years ago and we've seen that happen recently...O2 Kind of was like giving everyone a taste of what could have been or could be.

I'm a firm believer that there isn't a reason to dash anyone's dreams or hopes because even when all is said and done no one knows for sure what the future holds and if they do they clearly aren't on this planet...and I have learn never say never

Are You There gods of Rock? It's Me, Margaret. ;)

Maybe Mr. Plant should go on with that working title of 'it's rude to say "no"' :P

Edited by Memphis

From what I've read, he just doesn't feel inclined to have to live up to the past. That's why the LZ music that he has recently been involved with (like Unledded and more recently with his band Strange Sensation) have been really bent versions. Let the man follow his muse...on "Mighty Rearranger" he explores this very topic in the song "Tin Pan Valley."