Rush

lzzoso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Les Claypool of Primus challenged Geddy Lee for the ALS ice bucket challenge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjd_hLtaQxA

Geddy Lee accepts Les Claypool's challenge.

Randy Johnson accepting Geddy Lee's challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzUdWWahtvk

Jay Baruchel accepting Geddy Lee's challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNS4XZaEHdU

Ed Robertson accepting Geddy Lee's challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6iYXXWHUQ

:lol:

• 1 month later...

The R40 box set is incredible! The bonus stuff, like the 1974 footage with John Rutsey and the 1976 Passaic NJ footage is a Rush fan's dream come true. There was some tour dates for this year like Boston posted but they came down shortly after they were posted, they were probably accidentally posted too early...Looking forward to Rush this year!!!

post-15049-0-13214400-1420516989_thumb.j

Edited by luvlz2

• 3 weeks later...

I see a Tampa date, Paul. Are you holding out for a J-ville date or are you gonna take a road trip? It's "Christmas Eve" for Mrs. Walter and I that night - so I could definitely see us going to that show! Not to be too cryptic - it's the night before the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend which is a HUGE racing day, all day. Since they are doing Tampa/Miami, I could easily see a Jacksonville/Orlando run later in the tour.

Tickets for the Dallas show go on sale next week !

I am definitely attending this concert. I may not get my tickets the day they go on sale but I am going to go to this gig with my brother and at least 5 other friends. I can't wait. Rush is My second favorite band. I have seen them at least 5 times before and I know that they always put on a great show. With no new music to promote, I believe that this will be almost like a Rush Greatest Hits concert. At least 3 hours and probably 25-30 Classic RUSH songs. To me it does not matter what the setlist is, I will know all of the songs They play.

Maybe something similar to this (but add 10 years):

I see a Tampa date, Paul. Are you holding out for a J-ville date or are you gonna take a road trip? It's "Christmas Eve" for Mrs. Walter and I that night - so I could definitely see us going to that show! Not to be too cryptic - it's the night before the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend which is a HUGE racing day, all day. Since they are doing Tampa/Miami, I could easily see a Jacksonville/Orlando run later in the tour.

Hey Walt, right now I'm going to wait and see if a Jacksonville date is coming. I'm also curious as to which of these shows will be filmed for what I assume will be another live DVD....

When I looked at a different site last night, I swore they had Miami on it. Tampa is plenty close by. Just signed up for the "newsletter" from Rush.com, so I will receive pre-sale information. Thanks for all of the information zepscoda!

When I looked at a different site last night, I swore they had Miami on it. Tampa is plenty close by. Just signed up for the "newsletter" from Rush.com, so I will receive pre-sale information. Thanks for all of the information zepscoda!

No prop....its a great site.

I think we may hit 2 shows. Dallas, and then depending on my wife's schedule (she travels all over the USA for her job), we may hit a show somewhere else.

I am definitely attending this concert. I may not get my tickets the day they go on sale but I am going to go to this gig with my brother and at least 5 other friends. I can't wait. Rush is My second favorite band. I have seen them at least 5 times before and I know that they always put on a great show. With no new music to promote, I believe that this will be almost like a Rush Greatest Hits concert. At least 3 hours and probably 25-30 Classic RUSH songs. To me it does not matter what the setlist is, I will know all of the songs They play.

Maybe something similar to this (but add 10 years):

Damn right, I will be going to the Montreal gig in June and the Phoenix gig in July...my dream would be if they were to perform The Necromancer. I be loving that song.

Edited by IpMan

No prop....its a great site.

I think we may hit 2 shows. Dallas, and then depending on my wife's schedule (she travels all over the USA for her job), we may hit a show somewhere else.

Hey zepscoda, have you heard of ticket prices for these shows, mainly the Dallas gig? I know that Rush usually tries to keep their ticket prices to a minimum. I am going to go regardless of the price but I was just curious to know if you had heard anything. I know now that I am going to buy the tickets this Friday at the Fiesta in Plano. I will probably buy them around 3pm, about 5 hours after they go on sale.

Hey zepscoda, have you heard of ticket prices for these shows, mainly the Dallas gig? I know that Rush usually tries to keep their ticket prices to a minimum. I am going to go regardless of the price but I was just curious to know if you had heard anything. I know now that I am going to buy the tickets this Friday at the Fiesta in Plano. I will probably buy them around 3pm, about 5 hours after they go on sale.

The only prices I've seen so far were the gold and silver packages, they are well over $200 per ticket. I haven't seen a regular seat cost yet. If I see the price before Friday, I'll let you know. My oldest daughter (9) is asking to go....lol...it felt like yesterday, I was 15 asking my parents if I could go to see Rush at the garden....crazy !

The only prices I've seen so far were the gold and silver packages, they are well over $200 per ticket. I haven't seen a regular seat cost yet. If I see the price before Friday, I'll let you know. My oldest daughter (9) is asking to go....lol...it felt like yesterday, I was 15 asking my parents if I could go to see Rush at the garden....crazy !

Cool. Thanks. That is funny what you said. I can remember the same thing, being 15 and asking my parents if I could see Rush at the (old) Checkerdome in Saint Louis. My first concert. "Grace Under Pressure" tour.

Thanks zepscoda for finding this before the tickets go on sale this coming Friday. It gives me an idea of what I am planning on spending. I am buying 4 tickets for this show so I know now that I am going to spend around $268.88 for these 4 tickets. I would happily pay the $174.81 for a seat closer to the stage but I don't think the people I am going with will want to spend that much (and I don't blame them. They are not as big a Rush fan as I am).

I am now beginning to contemplate going to see Rush in Las Vegas on July 25. I have never been to Vegas but have always wanted to go. This might be the perfect opportunity for me to go to Vegas and see Rush while I am there. The Dallas gig is the 6th of the tour. The Vegas show is the 4th to the last of the tour. A little over a good 2 month interim between gigs would be perfect. I have the financial means and the balls to go to Las Vegas on my own, if I have to go alone.

Regardless, I know for a fact that I will see Rush in Dallas, Texas on May 18, 2015.

Edited by kingzoso

https://soundcloud.com/q107toronto/alex-lifeson-stops-by-q107-to-talk-about-the-new-r40-tour-john-derringer-012615

This morning Alex Lifeson was a guest on Toronto radio station Q107's Derringer in the Morning show and talked about the upcoming R40 tour and more. When asked about the format and setlist for the R40 Live tour Alex had the following to say:

...That's always a tough one. We've already gone through a couple of different setlist scenarios. We've been doing some editing. Dropping some stuff. We have an idea about how we want to approach it in terms of the whole show from front to back. We're working on these production ideas. It's gonna be really, really cool. We're gonna have a lot of fun with it, and I think our fans are gonna really, really like this little musical trip that we're planning. ...

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/01/26/4224/Alex-Lifeson-talks-R40-Live-tour-in-new-Q107-interview