Opening acts

The Ahmet Ertegun show really picked a decent set of opening acts for Led Zeppelin. Pete Townshend and Foreigner opening for them would be kick ass and excellent to see! Did you know that Jason Bonham plays drums for Foreigner too? That means Jason the Sons of Thunder will be playing for two different bands in one night tomorrow night!

So Jason's got a long busy night tomorrow! :D

Billy Wyman and the Rhythym Kings, and Paolo Nutini sounds interesting even though I've never heard of them.

It's kind of sad to see those acts being overshadowed by Led Zeppelin which may explain why Led Zeppelin never had opening acts and never toured with other bands in their career.

Something tells me that Led Zeppelin is going to invite some of the opening acts to jam on some Led Zep songs. While I know people are going to be there to see Led Zeppelin only, the opening acts will be a good show to pump up the audience before Led Zeppelin hits the stage.

Does anyone know if Pete Townshend is playing acoustic/solo by himself or is he bringing a full band with him?

As I've mentioned in previous posts - an opening act for Led Zeppelin is one of the worst gigs to book for ANY band. Yes, the players on Monday night are all great - but if put into reference to Led Zep - they are so far behind on the scale that it makes them obsolete.

Don't get me wrong, any other time and the opening acts would be great to see - no doubt.

But this gig on Monday night is all about Zeppelin, even the Ahmet tribute is not getting its true mention. I'm sure Zep will put it in proper perspective when they play.

The Ahmet Ertegun show really picked a decent set of opening acts for Led Zeppelin. Pete Townshend and Foreigner opening for them would be kick ass and excellent to see! Did you know that Jason Bonham plays drums for Foreigner too? That means Jason the Sons of Thunder will be playing for two different bands in one night tomorrow night!

So Jason's got a long busy night tomorrow! :D

Billy Wyman and the Rhythym Kings, and Paolo Nutini sounds interesting even though I've never heard of them.

It's kind of sad to see those acts being overshadowed by Led Zeppelin which may explain why Led Zeppelin never had opening acts and never toured with other bands in their career.

Something tells me that Led Zeppelin is going to invite some of the opening acts to jam on some Led Zep songs. While I know people are going to be there to see Led Zeppelin only, the opening acts will be a good show to pump up the audience before Led Zeppelin hits the stage.

Does anyone know if Pete Townshend is playing acoustic/solo by himself or is he bringing a full band with him?

Pete Townshend won't be appearing tomorrow night as he has "other commitments".

As I've mentioned in previous posts - an opening act for Led Zeppelin is one of the worst gigs to book for ANY band. Yes, the players on Monday night are all great - but if put into reference to Led Zep - they are so far behind on the scale that it makes them obsolete.

Don't get me wrong, any other time and the opening acts would be great to see - no doubt.

But this gig on Monday night is all about Zeppelin, even the Ahmet tribute is not getting its true mention. I'm sure Zep will put it in proper perspective when they play.

I totally agree with that post. How much do you want to bet that Ahmet Ertegun is going to be ignored completely?

I think Pete withdrew from the show months ago and Foreigner have a back up drummer...so not sure jason will play twice

Yeah that's true, they don't want to wear Jason out, lol.

Thanks for the heads up on Pete pulling out guys, I didn't know that. They keep advertising Pete playing the show but he must of backed out on the last minute or something before advertising.

The superband composed of Keith Emerson (Emerson, Lake & Palmer), Chris Squire (YES), Simon Kirke (Bad Company), and Alan White (YES) are the first opening act for the "Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert/Zep Reunion" tomorrow night to raise money for the "Ertegun Education Fund". (For some reason, this is not announced at all on the Ahmet Tribute website.....)

Emerson's official announcement at: http://www.keithemerson.com/

The superband composed of Keith Emerson (Emerson, Lake & Palmer), Chris Squire (YES), Simon Kirke (Bad Company), and Alan White (YES) are the first opening act for the "Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert/Zep Reunion" tomorrow night to raise money for the "Ertegun Education Fund". (For some reason, this is not announced at all on the Ahmet Tribute website.....)

Emerson's official announcement at: http://www.keithemerson.com/

Thanks for the heads up on that, but that's old news, Keith Emerson announced that way back in Nov. 11!

Its all well and good you lot talkin about supergroups and timings etc, I need to know what time Paolo Nutini hands over to those old guys so I can get away and home in time for 'live at the apollo' on BBC 1.

Anyone help?

If I was in a seated ticket slot I wouldn't mind hearing the openers, but if I was on the floor, it would be hell waiting.

For Zeppelin, to me..opening acts are pure hell & butterflies.

* IE: Iron Butterfly* :angry:

the world isn't going to remember the opening acts of monday's night show. the world is waiting for there all time best rock band to perform . all other bands that night don't matter on that night but remember is all for a good cause

Townshend pulled out about two months ago.

They won't ignore Ahmet. All involved loved the man. I'm sure all Nugetre would want is a blow-your-socks-and-cocks off show from the Brill Bros. anyway.

Bonus points to you if you know what this means.

Archived