College Football 2010

BUCK'EYE' DOC

UVA lost at home to Maryland yesterday :( Last home game of the season. No hard feelings EBK and Black Dawg, I know you are celebrating :)

However, VT beat UNC at UNC! :cheer:

Thanks Virginia! I thought about you last night...sorry it was the last home game for you all.

Congrats on the VT win!!

Ohio State keeps on winning! We just have the one loss to Wisconsin.

Now there is a three way tie for the top of the Big Ten: Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Which team will go to the Rose Bowl? We will have to see how the next two games for each team play out.

UVA lost at home to Maryland yesterday :( Last home game of the season. No hard feelings EBK and Black Dawg, I know you are celebrating :)

However, VT beat UNC at UNC! :cheer:

I'm not celebrating at your expense but it is nice to have a winning record after the dismal season we suffered through last year. That win will at least take us to a warm weather bowl. GO ACC!!

I'm not celebrating at your expense but it is nice to have a winning record after the dismal season we suffered through last year. That win will at least take us to a warm weather bowl. GO ACC!!

Good luck and yes, Go ACC!! :)

Today is the Ohio State vs. Michigan rivalry game, played at noon at Ohio State. No matter how the season is going for each team, this is still the big game for us, the most anticipated of all.

There is a tradition of the students jumping into Mirror Lake on campus the night before the big Michigan game.

This year, the jump was held on Tuesday because alot of the students would be at home on Friday due to Thanksgiving. The temperature was in the low 30's that night.

My oldest son did the jump when he was a Freshman. He said it was gross and he would never do it again. The kids are so covered in muck that they have to be hosed down outside the dorms before they are allowed to enter. They have to duct tape their flip flops on their feet before they make the jump so they don't loose them in the lake.

My son said that each year there are student deaths related to this tradition, although I have never heard of any, and I can't imagine that the university would allow it to take place if any student had died, so that must be an urban legend or myth that makes the jump seem more dangerous. My youngest son has never made the jump (he's smart!), but he goes to watch his friends do it and hold thier towels for them.

We did not do this when I went to Ohio State. It is a relatively new tradition. I have no idea how it got started, as no one would even dream of getting in that lake when I went to school there.

Ohio State beats Michigan! 37 - 7

Finished the season with only one loss to Wisconsin.

Our coach, Jim Tressel, is so classy, that he had the quarterback take a knee at the end of the game, even though we were driving to make another touchdown and could have easily done so as we were on the 8 yard line. He does this at most games when we are winning and have the ball for the last plays of the game. I see other coaches rubbing it in and going for the jugular by making the final touchdown of the game, even when they are ahead by a large margin. Our coach is overly conservative in his play calling, but he is a class act.

Three teams are currently tied for the Big Ten championship: Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. If Wisconsin beats Northwestern today, then they will be the team to go to the Rose Bowl. If they lose, then it will be Ohio State. Either way, Ohio State will probably go to a BCS bowl game, possibly the Orange Bowl.

Ohio State beats Michigan! 37 - 7

Finished the season with only one loss to Wisconsin.

Our coach, Jim Tressel, is so classy, that he had the quarterback take a knee at the end of the game, even though we were driving to make another touchdown and could have easily done so as we were on the 8 yard line. He does this at most games when we are winning and have the ball for the last plays of the game. I see other coaches rubbing it in and going for the jugular by making the final touchdown of the game, even when they are ahead by a large margin. Our coach is overly conservative in his play calling, but he is a class act.

Three teams are currently tied for the Big Ten championship: Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. If Wisconsin beats Northwestern today, then they will be the team to go to the Rose Bowl. If they lose, then it will be Ohio State. Either way, Ohio State will probably go to a BCS bowl game, possibly the Orange Bowl.

Congrats on the win! :) Tech pulled Tyrod Taylor out about midway through the 4th; he did something to his shoulder and they put in a redshirt freshman QB. U.Va. finally scored then. VT will play the winner of Florida State/NC State for the conference (ACC) :)

Well...my boys lost against Nevada.

The first loss since 2007. We can't all win all the time...

Still proud to be a Bronco!

:console: Sorry Mandy; well, you guys and JMU are the only 2 teams to beat VT this season. Good luck in the post season!

I know! It sucks. Talk about a bummer. I honestly want to chalk it up to too much turkey. ;)

Word has it that we're going to play in the "Kraft Fight Against Hunger Bowl," which is one we've done many times before. I was really hoping for a Rose Bowl. ;)

One of my friends posted "Is this what the Vandals (University of Idaho) fans feel like every day?" on her FB status. It cracked me up. Vandals have had a good season this year, but prior to this year, it's been no bueno.

The last time they lost was right before Thanksgiving.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I never have to see such a stupid lousy title game again! What is up with the yellow glow in teh dark shoes those quacks were wearing? I have seen it all. I prefer the white skates the Caifornia Golden Seals wore back in the 1970's. Now in case you dont know, they used to have a team there. first they were the Oakland Seals. This is the first and only year I can remember where there were no traditional powerhouse's or household names involved. ie, no Michigan or Florida or Notre dame or Nebraska or Miami, etc. I think its a good thing that we get different schools now and then. But it probably did not help the ratings this year.

I hope I never have to see such a stupid lousy title game again! What is up with the yellow glow in teh dark shoes those quacks were wearing? I have seen it all. I prefer the white skates the Caifornia Golden Seals wore back in the 1970's. Now in case you dont know, they used to have a team there. first they were the Oakland Seals. This is the first and only year I can remember where there were no traditional powerhouse's or household names involved. ie, no Michigan or Florida or Notre dame or Nebraska or Miami, etc. I think its a good thing that we get different schools now and then. But it probably did not help the ratings this year.

Gonna be awhile before you see the maize and blue of Michigan in anything other than the Nobody Cares Bowl. They did finally hire a head coach today.

According to the local morning news, my Broncos finished at #9!

Even despite their crappy loss!

Go big BLUE!

Your Broncos desrved to be higher than 9. The BCS teams always get an edge from the voters. The Broncos trounced the Utes and didn't get anything for it as usal.

Here's how the coaches votes panned out (USA Today)

1 Auburn (56)

2 TCU (1)

3 Oregon

4 Stanford

5 Ohio State

6 Oklahoma

7 Boise State

8 LSU

8 Wisconsin

10 Oklahoma State

11 Alabama

12 Arkansas