New Seattle '77 soundboard?

chef free

Led Zeppelin

Year Of The Dragon (Empress Valley EVSD 148/149/150/151)

Kingdome, Seattle, Washington, USA

July 17, 1977

<Stereo-Soundboard>

Disc 1: The Song remains the same, Sick again, Nobody's fault but mine, Over

the Hills and far away, Since I've been loving you,

Disc 2: No Quarter, Ten Years gone, the Battle of Evermore, Going to

California,

Disc 3: Black Country Woman, Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp, White Summer/Black Mountain

Side, Kashmir,Moby Dick

Disc 4: Guitar Solo, Achilles last Stand, Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta

Love, Rock & Roll

• 4 weeks later...

This came out in 2001, if I recall. If you don't own it on silver then it's worth picking up.

Tarantura 2000 released their own 'Fallen Angel' very recently too. Despite the fact that they claim it's from the actual soundboard, it too is probably from the video soundtrack. The recent Godfather release of the same show is reported to be a copy of the Tarantura.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a quick question/query about this concert.

Whenever u see it mentioned, the Seattle gig is a Sunday and also Plant mentions it being a Sunday nite before playing Black Country Woman.

But if you check back with a Calender July 17th is Thursday.

Anyone have any info about this rip in the Zep/time continuum?

• Administrators

Hi,

I have a quick question/query about this concert.

Whenever u see it mentioned, the Seattle gig is a Sunday and also Plant mentions it being a Sunday nite before playing Black Country Woman.

But if you check back with a Calender July 17th is Thursday.

Anyone have any info about this rip in the Zep/time continuum?

July 17, 1977 was a Sunday according to this:

http://www.hf.rim.or.jp/~kaji/cal/cal.cgi?1977

In journalism, the rule is to get two corroborating sources for any info. To second Sam's source, here's another verification that July 17, 1977 was a Sunday.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=1977

Back to the issue at hand, this chicanery by EVSD is nothing new, and is why they have fallen out of favour with many bootleg fans. One of the most egregious examples of their tomfoolery was their recent release of the September 29, 1971 Osaka, Japan show.

I have EVSD's "You Were There In Spirits" release of the 9-29-71 show, which is amazing and judging from most accounts I've read, features the most complete tape of the show.

Then, recently I saw that EVSD had come out with another release of the Osaka show, supposedly improved, etc. It sounded like shit. It was very muddy and muffled-sounding.

WTF? They had a perfectly fine sounding tape in "You Were There In Spirits"...why mess it all up by screwing up the equalization?

Two things: One, while we're on the subject of Seattle '77, why is it that video has such stiff and practically motionless camerawork compared to RAH, TSRTS, Earl's Court, and Knebworth? Those other shows had cameras moving all over the place, but Seattle just looks so stationary (rather fitting considering the quality of the performance though.). Was it an alltogether different filming style? That doesn't bode well for the Pontiac footage. Also, kudos to you Strider on that MCA quote, I've been a Beastie Boys fan practically since birth.

this chicanery by EVSD is nothing new, and is why they have fallen out of favour with many bootleg fans. One of the most egregious examples of their tomfoolery was their recent release of the September 29, 1971 Osaka, Japan show.

And lets not forget EVSD's "Madison Square Garden Working Tapes" essentially a marred-up choppy edit of a fine Winston Remaster. Though despite all of this, they're still my favorite label.

In journalism, the rule is to get two corroborating sources for any info. To second Sam's source, here's another verification that July 17, 1977 was a Sunday.

http://www.timeandda...ndar/?year=1977

Back to the issue at hand, this chicanery by EVSD is nothing new, and is why they have fallen out of favour with many bootleg fans. One of the most egregious examples of their tomfoolery was their recent release of the September 29, 1971 Osaka, Japan show.

I have EVSD's "You Were There In Spirits" release of the 9-29-71 show, which is amazing and judging from most accounts I've read, features the most complete tape of the show.

Then, recently I saw that EVSD had come out with another release of the Osaka show, supposedly improved, etc. It sounded like shit. It was very muddy and muffled-sounding.

WTF? They had a perfectly fine sounding tape in "You Were There In Spirits"...why mess it all up by screwing up the equalization?

Don't forget shenanigans!

;)

Archived