What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

^I have Copenhagen dates, two boots:

Melancholy Danish Pageboys Part 1 & 2

Falkoner Theatre,Copenhagen,Denmark (Geiko-Sukui) (LP)

Can anyone advise if there is a particular boot that is "the one" to get (Mega link or similar would be much appreciated if there is one) - or are they all around the same sound quality?

Edited by rm2551

Sorry, cannot help as haven't done comparisons. This one sounds good for an audience recording. Check bootledz for comments...

Comparing this to 11.8. one always wonders what the fuck happened!? Contrary to Plant's comments they were ready to kill it but they dropped the ball, especially on the second Knebworth show that should have actually been the best of all the four shows.

Edit: Despite the Moonchild cover saying it is a Winston, I doubt it 99,99%.

Edited by JMH

49 minutes ago, JMH said:

This Vancouver/ Seattle run 1975 is quite epic. Hard to judge which one I like the best. The vibe on this one is relaxed and humorous. It has never hurt that the quality of these recordings is amazing. spacer.png

Yes, these are official release worthy in both sound quality and the strength of the shows themselves. Snowblind could make a great box set if they were ever inclined to go in that direction (release good quality recordings like many other bands/artists do).

^

On the date! Also reminded me of 18.9. Anyway, this MSG concert has been growing on me for a long time... First when I heard it I was like damn Plant is off but part of that was that I expected him to do certain things and hit certain notes and he was singing around his issues avoiding stuff. Now, if you just take it as it is it ain't too bad a rock and roll vocal delivery and the playing is good as is this old bootleg. I think I haven't heard the new matrix versions but how much is there to gain?

Funny cover... from EC I guess.

spacer.png

Edited by JMH

4 hours ago, JMH said:

^

On the date! Also reminded me of 18.9. Anyway, this MSG concert has been growing on me for a long time... First when I heard it I was like damn Plant is off but part of that was that I expected him to do certain things and hit certain notes and he was singing around his issues avoiding stuff. Now, if you just take it as it is it ain't too bad a rock and roll vocal delivery and the playing is good as is this old bootleg. I think I haven't heard the new matrix versions but how much is there to gain?

Funny cover... from EC I guess.

spacer.png

I've got this as a release called ' Madison Square Graffiti ' and it's one of my favourites from the ' 75 tour. Excellent show in terrific sound quality.

Cheers, I think Zep boots has a good matrix version on their channel too.

Have been using that a lot doing research and when my own CD collection is not an option.

(downloading stuff is a bit iffy as at the moment I only have my work laptop)