Jimmy Page Brochure from Genesis

I've just received a rather surprising letter from Genesis explaining the publishing delays for Jimmy's book and apologising for them (I thought they would have done this via email). As an apology Genesis has sent me a £40 voucher off my next purchase.

Included in the letter is an A4 sized brochure about Jimmy's book which I have to say is rather beautiful. :wub:

The final paragraph of the letter states that: 'As soon as we talk with our binder in the first week of January, we will be in touch with an exact date that your book will ship'.

I'm sure everyone who has ordered Jimmy's book and is still waiting will receive the same letter.

Hi Magic,

Well at least you have something to hold till it arrives.

And...you WILL enjoy that Keef book for Xmas to tide you over. ;)

Thank you Hotplant. Yes, it really made my day seeing Jimmy's beautiful face on the front of the brochure. I wasn't expecting that in the post so it was a lovely surprise and a nice gesture from Genesis. And I'm really looking forward to Keef's book on Christmas day. B)

Thank you Hotplant. Yes, it really made my day seeing Jimmy's beautiful face on the front of the brochure. I wasn't expecting that in the post so it was a lovely surprise and a nice gesture from Genesis. And I'm really looking forward to Keef's book on Christmas day. B)

Hi Magic,

Maybe I am being cynical here, but I would rather that Genesis had sent all those of you who have yet to receive the book, a £40 cheque, rather than a token. A token is only useful if you wish to buy another one of Genesis' books,and they are all very expensive. I am pleased, however, that Genesis are finally keeping their buyers in the picture with a more detailed explanation for the delay.

I've just received a rather surprising letter from Genesis explaining the publishing delays for Jimmy's book and apologising for them (I thought they would have done this via email). As an apology Genesis has sent me a £40 voucher off my next purchase.

Included in the letter is an A4 sized brochure about Jimmy's book which I have to say is rather beautiful. :wub:

The final paragraph of the letter states that: 'As soon as we talk with our binder in the first week of January, we will be in touch with an exact date that your book will ship'.

I'm sure everyone who has ordered Jimmy's book and is still waiting will receive the same letter.

This is such great news! :D Thank goodness you won't have to wait much longer now! :D There does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel! And that A4 size brochure about Jimmy's book must have made your day, Magic! ;) And remember the saying "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" ;)

Hi Magic,

Maybe I am being cynical here, but I would rather that Genesis had sent all those of you who have yet to receive the book, a £40 cheque, rather than a token. A token is only useful if you wish to buy another one of Genesis' books,and they are all very expensive. I am pleased, however, that Genesis are finally keeping their buyers in the picture with a more detailed explanation for the delay.

Hi Kenog

They were my thoughts exactly when I saw the voucher. Since most Genesis books start at around the £200 mark, I very much doubt if I'll use it. There's no time limit on the voucher, so I will keep it just in case, but Jimmy's book really is a one-off treat. To be honest, I was more happy about receiving the brochure which Genesis have said is also limited in number and was printed after Jimmy's book sold out. I'll see if I can photograph it over the weekend to post on here. ;)

Archived