Physical Graffiti

jhostation

I've been selecting and playing just the 8 tracks from the 1974 sessions quite a bit recently and that would have been one heavy album !

Custard Pie

In My Time Of Dying

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

InThe Light

10 years Gone

The Wanton Song

Sick Again

or whatever running order works for you..... not as good of course as the full 15 tracks, but very interesting and did I mention HEAVY..

This way i hear alot more comparisons to Presence as a follow-up. .... no keyboads or strings, but very powerful rockin' tracks.

anyhow just wanted to throw that out there. enjoy your day.

I've been selecting and playing just the 8 tracks from the 1974 sessions quite a bit recently and that would have been one heavy album !

Custard Pie

In My Time Of Dying

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

InThe Light

10 years Gone

The Wanton Song

Sick Again

or whatever running order works for you..... not as good of course as the full 15 tracks, but very interesting and did I mention HEAVY..

This way i hear alot more comparisons to Presence as a follow-up. .... no keyboads or strings, but very powerful rockin' tracks.

These would be a great selection for an album, but a long single album for this time period. Before the age of cds when albums generally ran 40-45 minutes, while this one ran around 55 minutes or so from these sessions. I'm guessing that's why they decided to include those earlier sessions dating back to 1970.

These would be a great selection for an album, but a long single album for this time period. Before the age of cds when albums generally ran 40-45 minutes, while this one ran around 55 minutes or so from these sessions. I'm guessing that's why they decided to include those earlier sessions dating back to 1970.

oh yeah.... me too.

Custard Pie

In My Time Of Dying

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

InThe Light

10 years Gone

The Wanton Song

Sick Again

It's amazing to think that even if PG had been these songs only, it still would have been an amazing album. That's how good they were/are and it really shows how strong the album itself is. I would never take out the other 7 songs, but those eight songs are all quite good. Wouldn't have been too shabby if they had stood alone.

Listened to the whole (SHM-CD version) CD a day ago and it doesn't get old even after first hearing it when it was released back in 75. Outside of the popular tracks, In My Time of Dying and Bron-Yr-Aur really show the variety and skill of Jimmy and the band. Bonzo's drumming on IMTOD is simply outstanding.

SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME

Definitely in the top 100 rock albums of all time. If they had released it as a single album I believe it could compete for top 10 greatest rock albums of all time:

Physical Graffiti Single LP (fictional)

Side One:

Custard Pie

The Rover

Houses of the Holy

Trampled Underfoot

Side Two:

Night Flight

Wanton Song

Ten Years Gone

Kashmir

I'm going off topic a bit here. If there ever was a double album that should have been edited down to one I would choose Hendrix's 'Electric Ladyland'.

This was Jimi's first and only self produced record and was a bit of a rambling disaster but contained some great songs.

Electric Ladyland: Edited (by me)

1. Have You Ever Been

2. Crosstown Traffic

3. Gypsy Eyes

4. Long Hot Summer Night

5. Burning of the Midnight Lamp

6. Still Rainin Still Dreamin

7. House Burning Down

8. All Along the Watchtower

9. Voodoo Cile (slight return)

Houses of the Holy

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Night Flight

Wanton Song

Ten Years gone

Sick Again

In My Time of Dying (edited down to 6 minutes)

Needless to say the glorious die cut cover stays intact

(disc 2 is a freebie EP incl. Whole Lotta Love/Immigrant song/Stairway)

;)

Archived