Paul Rodgers To Be Joined By Jason Bonham On U.K. Tour

luvlz2

Paul Rodgers, who toured and recorded with Queen from 2004 to 2008 and Bad Company from 2008 to 2010, is at long last returning to the U.K. with his solo band.

"Playing with Queen was brilliant they interpreted my songs on an entire new level," says Rodgers. "With Bad Company the musical fireworks were still there but creating and touring solo is where my heart is."

Paul's last U.K solo , in 2006, culminated with the recording of his debut solo DVD, "Live In Glasgow", which charted at #1 in Canada, #2 in Japan, #3 in the U.S., #4 in the UK and is now certified gold.

Rodgers has announced that drummer Jason Bonham will be joining him on tour. Rodgers states, "Jason played with Joe Perry and myself in L.A. recently and was so hot that I asked him to join us for the U.K. tour.'

Also in the band the familiar faces of Howard Leese (Heart guitarist), Lynn Sorenson (bass) plus some suprise guests.

Rodgers will perform new songs from his upcoming solo CD, making it 31 album/CD releases since 1968, plus hits from his expansive back catalogue such as Free's "All Right Now", Bad Company's "Feel Like Makin' Love and The Firm's "Satisfaction Guaranteed".

Says Rodgers: "Developing the set-list is always a bit of a balancing act but in the U.K. it will be Free-heavy for the fans."

Supporting Rodgers are very special guests Down 'N' Outz fronted by Joe Elliot of Def Leppard and backed by The Quireboys, Down 'N' Outz will be an evening of music by Mott The Hoople and its collective works.

Tickets are available from Livenation.co.uk.

Dates for the tour are as follows:

April 15- Blackpool, UK- Opera House

16th- Sheffield, UK- City Hall

18th- Newcastle, UK- City Hall

19th- Glasgow, UK- Clyde Auditorium

21st- Manchester, UK- 02 Apollo

22nd- Nottingham, UK- Royal Centre

24th- Bournemouth, UK- Internation Centre

25th- Southend, UK- Cliff Pavilion

27th- London, UK- Royal Albert Hall (plus Joe Perry)

28th- Birmingham, UK- NIA

rodgersbonham.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154021

28th

Paul Rodgers, who toured and recorded with Queen from 2004 to 2008 and Bad Company from 2008 to 2010, is at long last returning to the U.K. with his solo band.

"Playing with Queen was brilliant they interpreted my songs on an entire new level," says Rodgers. "With Bad Company the musical fireworks were still there but creating and touring solo is where my heart is."

Paul's last U.K solo , in 2006, culminated with the recording of his debut solo DVD, "Live In Glasgow", which charted at #1 in Canada, #2 in Japan, #3 in the U.S., #4 in the UK and is now certified gold.

Rodgers has announced that drummer Jason Bonham will be joining him on tour. Rodgers states, "Jason played with Joe Perry and myself in L.A. recently and was so hot that I asked him to join us for the U.K. tour.'

Also in the band the familiar faces of Howard Leese (Heart guitarist), Lynn Sorenson (bass) plus some suprise guests.

Rodgers will perform new songs from his upcoming solo CD, making it 31 album/CD releases since 1968, plus hits from his expansive back catalogue such as Free's "All Right Now", Bad Company's "Feel Like Makin' Love and The Firm's "Satisfaction Guaranteed".

Says Rodgers: "Developing the set-list is always a bit of a balancing act but in the U.K. it will be Free-heavy for the fans."

Supporting Rodgers are very special guests Down 'N' Outz fronted by Joe Elliot of Def Leppard and backed by The Quireboys, Down 'N' Outz will be an evening of music by Mott The Hoople and its collective works.

Tickets are available from Livenation.co.uk.

Dates for the tour are as follows:

April 15- Blackpool, UK- Opera House

16th- Sheffield, UK- City Hall

18th- Newcastle, UK- City Hall

19th- Glasgow, UK- Clyde Auditorium

21st- Manchester, UK- 02 Apollo

22nd- Nottingham, UK- Royal Centre

24th- Bournemouth, UK- Internation Centre

25th- Southend, UK- Cliff Pavilion

27th- London, UK- Royal Albert Hall (plus Joe Perry)

28th- Birmingham, UK- NIA

rodgersbonham.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154021

28th

This makes me wonder fate is in store for Jasons stint with Black Country Communion.

This makes me wonder what fate is in store for Jasons stint with Black Country Communion.

Studio sessions for their second album are already in progress. I posted their Summer UK tour schedule earlier this week. There is no conflict between these commitments whatsoever.

Studio sessions for their second album are already in progress. I posted their Summer UK tour schedule earlier this week. There is no conflict between these commitments whatsoever.

Thanks for that info. Good news as well, I like BCC and this project sounds like it has a lot of potential to.

CA DI LLAC

CA DI LLAC

CA DI LLAC

CA DI LLAC!

and all of FIre and Water.. esp Mr. Big.

jealous American here.

Cadillac would not do it for me. Seemed like a throwaway song to me. Just filler. It just happened to be a song JP used a bow on. They had better material than that.

Cadillac would not do it for me. Seemed like a throwaway song to me. Just filler. It just happened to be a song JP used a bow on. They had better material than that.

Too bad you're wrong about the bow. It wasn't used on that song at all. The song smoked live.

Too bad you're wrong about the bow. It wasn't used on that song at all. The song smoked live.

Are you sure? It seems judging from the sound that was used on the studio version,that Jimmy used a bow on the tune. I saw The Firm back in 1986 and during this song, Jimmy definitely used the bow. It was at the New Haven Coliseum.

I'm absolutely sure he didn't use the bow on Cadillac. I saw The Firm live 5 times, twice in 1st row seats. To achieve the sound he created on Cadillac, Page played his Lake Placid Blue Strat with the whammy bar, he was on his wah-wah the entire song and cranked it through his Marshalls. That was it. He was only using the bow on his Les Paul during the Firm era.

It didn't grab me on the LP, and then I saw a (bootleg) video of it live (when it was still current) and it clicked. Now it's my favorite Firm song. Page really got a psychedelic tone going between the silent rests which were abrupt. I'm thinking it was from Atlanta Georgia, def USA and LOTS of sustain on the guitar, it didn't die during the bends, it stayed noisy and omni-present.

The 2nd LP wasn't mixed well to my ears and some of the songs were too far in soft rock territory for me. Fortune Hunter and Cadillac were the rockers.. All the Kings Horses was what they tried to work on the radio.

It didn't grab me on the LP, and then I saw a (bootleg) video of it live (when it was still current) and it clicked. Now it's my favorite Firm song. Page really got a psychedelic tone going between the silent rests which were abrupt. I'm thinking it was from Atlanta Georgia, def USA and LOTS of sustain on the guitar, it didn't die during the bends, it stayed noisy and omni-present.

The 2nd LP wasn't mixed well to my ears and some of the songs were too far in soft rock territory for me. Fortune Hunter and Cadillac were the rockers.. All the Kings Horses was what they tried to work on the radio.

I'll take a look on YouTube for that Atlanta version. Perhaps better than the studio, which was so bland. As far as "Mean Business" is, I also really liked "Live In Peace". Killer solo by Jimmy on the studio and EP version (Radioactive issue, which I have), from 1985. This is from the Hammersmith Odeon show of December, 1984. ("Five From The Firm), which was broadcast on MTV back then.

I would want them to play 'Who's To Blame", although it's not a 'Firm' tune.

That's be great to hear again. Who's To Blame was a powerful opening number on the Outrider tour and Page was locked in from the first riff to the show's conclusion.

I'll take a look on YouTube for that Atlanta version. Perhaps better than the studio, which was so bland. As far as "Mean Business" is, I also really liked "Live In Peace". Killer solo by Jimmy on the studio and EP version (Radioactive issue, which I have), from 1985. This is from the Hammersmith Odeon show of December, 1984. ("Five From The Firm), which was broadcast on MTV back then.

They had Cadillac dialed in by the 1986 USA tour and were kind of cocky about it, like they knew it was hott. The light show was kind of floral and it would expand on the stage and stop with the breaks in the song. I believe Page was rocking the blue strat but the guitar sound had much more sustain than Hammersmith. I've been wating for that vid-boot to show up on u-toob, but no dice so far. I'll put it if I see it around.

and yeah anything of Death Wish would be sweet.City Sirens is good.. I saw the Worcester MA stop on the Page 1988 Outrider tour w/Jason on drums. Bonzo the younger did a good job conveying the sense of motion that is apparent on the album version of "The Chase", a perfect set up for Page to play some gut wrenching B string bender stuff. mmmmm..

Archived