Zeppelin themed birthday party

Kat24

So, my sisters are throwing my brother and I a joint *haha word play SHH!* birthday party that's months away. He wants a Zeppelin theme. I am not complaining in the slightest haha. But, one of my sisters calls me today saying she can't find any Zeppelin party decorations anywhere. Why am I not surprised? Anyone have any idea where any are sold? Even websites like ebay or whatever? I have nooo idea about decorating theme parties and paper plates and banners. Seriously.. music food cake right? Any help would be appreciated :).

Hi Kat24 ~ That's a great idea to have a LZ themed party, you have nice sisters! The cake should be easy enough to create, decorations not so easy unless they are artsy/crafty and make their own. If they just want zeppelins (the dirigibles, not the rock band) you can find lots of cute stuff on steampunk sites. I like Goldilocks' idea too, just put up tons of LZ posters.

Thanks guys. I think we're gonna do Zeppelin posters and music and do the rest a kinda 70's hippie type of thing. Might have to pass on the bongs on the tables though lol. Family party and all. I'm gonna be a brat and really push for Zeppelin to be at least written on the cake somehow. We'll be in the backyard with the garage open and on the deck too. Maybe we can get a tv in the garage and have TSRTS playing in the background too. And ooh I don't have a black light anymore but I damn sure have a lava lamp haha..

Zeppelin shaped deco is hard to come by some you can either spend a lot of money and buy up any of the inflatable promo-zeps you can find and other model zeppelins or just get busy yourself making them out of paper etc. I had a touch of Zeppelin at my wedding in the form of 2 songs at the registry and a Zeppelin shaped Sachercake, but never really came across zeppelin shaped theming items....good luck, sounds like a good party

You can use the font in various places, like the birthday sign or the cake, maybe a quote from a favourite song on it, too, but that's assuming you've got a steady/artsy hand and a lot of patience. That's all I've got :P Have a great time, maybe post some pics if you want.

Some cake shops can photocopy pictures and stuff onto edible paper and have it put on the cake. You could take an album cover or photo in and have that done on a cake. I did it once with a document for a club charter. Turned out real nice.

Just a few ideas:-)

Centerpieces for table- glass vases filled with lemons and tangerines, surrounded by sand (Kashmir.) Have a few LZ or related CDs surrounding the centerpieces, set of 4 drumsticks on each table

Tablecloths: Denim or if you can find material with something as close to the poppy/or dragon suits

Balloons: you can contact a company to see if you can get Zeppelin shaped balloons. ( a local Destination Management company or party center can help with this)

Food: Custard Pie added to the menu, if within budget have a cake built like a Stairway

Activities: Zeppelin Trivia to name one

Music: Goes without saying:-)

Decorations: since Bonzo was into cars, have a few of those tiny cars on the tables or around the room. A few guitars that maybe you can pick up used and inexpensive( music instrument stores), variety of posters, you could make a wood sign like the one that was on the show MASH, that has Bron Yr Aur, Headley Grange, different venues they played with the dates that correspond to those. Prints of different articles from the media (negative ones you could have darts thrown at them), a black dog toy(stuffed animal toy).

Kat24 just a few ideas and if I think of any more I'll PM you and have a great party!!! :peace:

I saw some Zeppelin 1975 tour t shirts at Wal Mart of all places for $5.00 a couple of weeks ago. Also, I bought an inexpensive pair of Led Zeppelin boxers (I foget where) a few years ago.

Would love to see photos of this cool birthday party!

Just a few ideas:-)

Centerpieces for table- glass vases filled with lemons and tangerines, surrounded by sand (Kashmir.) Have a few LZ or related CDs surrounding the centerpieces, set of 4 drumsticks on each table

Tablecloths: Denim or if you can find material with something as close to the poppy/or dragon suits

Balloons: you can contact a company to see if you can get Zeppelin shaped balloons. ( a local Destination Management company or party center can help with this)

Food: Custard Pie added to the menu, if within budget have a cake built like a Stairway

Activities: Zeppelin Trivia to name one

Music: Goes without saying:-)

Decorations: since Bonzo was into cars, have a few of those tiny cars on the tables or around the room. A few guitars that maybe you can pick up used and inexpensive( music instrument stores), variety of posters, you could make a wood sign like the one that was on the show MASH, that has Bron Yr Aur, Headley Grange, different venues they played with the dates that correspond to those. Prints of different articles from the media (negative ones you could have darts thrown at them), a black dog toy(stuffed animal toy).

Kat24 just a few ideas and if I think of any more I'll PM you and have a great party!!! :peace:

Wow! Great ideas everyone! Deborah J.. those are some amazing ideas! I love them! I might have to include Hot Dogs on the menu too lol. And now my mind is cranking out some more ideas thanks to you guys. The party isn't until summer so, I've got some time to really put this stuff together. Rumor has it a karoke machine will be there. I won't be posting videos haha! But, if we get some decent pictures I will post a few of those! If you get any more ideas I'd love to hear them! Thanks again!

You are welcome Kat24- I have a few more ideas. How elaborate can you go with the budget?^^ Feel free to send me a PM. I love this idea by the way :thumbsup:

Hi Ronnie! I'll jump out of a cake if you can get Robert, Jimmy or Johnny Depp to the party...just saying :D ^^

So, is it a special birthday we should know about? ;)

Ahh I was hoping this question wouldn't come lol :hidinginwall:! This year my brother.. the one who got me started on Zeppelin will be 50. And I ..oh man.. I'm gonna be 40 :blink::wacko:! That sounds just SO weird to me haha! It's definitely going to take some getting used to!

You are welcome Kat24- I have a few more ideas. How elaborate can you go with the budget?^^ Feel free to send me a PM. I love this idea by the way :thumbsup:

Hi Ronnie! I'll jump out of a cake if you can get Robert, Jimmy or Johnny Depp to the party...just saying :D ^^

I'd love to hear more ideas! Budget isn't mine though since my sisters are throwing the party. I'm gonna lean more towards conservative for safety. And umm.. if you get Johnny Depp for a party I wanna be there too haha! He seems to get better and better looking with age. If that's even possible lol!

Archived