My kids and LZ

I was watching a Nirvana DVD with my daughters (14 and 16) last night and when the Netflix DVD wouldn't play any more I switched to the RAH disc. I never imagined back when I was a 13 year-old, pot smoking, beer drinking, punk kid blasting Zeppelin that I might someday be watching the mighty Zeppelin with my children! We watched the first two songs then I started going on about how great Plant's voice was, what a powerful drummer Bonham was, how totally awesome Pagey was playing, etc. when the younger one said "I was really impressed by the bass player." The older one immeadiately agreed saying "That's just what I was thinking!" How incredable that they would pick up on the most subtle member of the Zeppelin. Kids these days!

How beautiful!!

I enjoyed TSRTS with my father few months ago, he's a rocker, though he has passed the fifties he has never missed that spirit. However I'm more "zeppelinist" than him jajaja. The great fan of Led Zeppelin was my mother, but she's not here. I wish I could see those cd's and dvd's with her, commenting Robert's hair and movements, feeling the music. She introduced me to them when I was a child, and two years ago I remember her seeing videos on youtube and calling me: Laura!! Come here! Watch that incredible song!, in the playlist were "our men", AC/DC, Deep Purple and that kind of music, the music now I love!

Keep doing it to your kids, I know they'll be grateful in the future. I've always listened to good music at home, and now I'm 21 and that music gives me lots of good moments!! I'll do the same with my kids, but I hope it would be in a bit far future :P

I was watching a Nirvana DVD with my daughters (14 and 16) last night and when the Netflix DVD wouldn't play any more I switched to the RAH disc. I never imagined back when I was a 13 year-old, pot smoking, beer drinking, punk kid blasting Zeppelin that I might someday be watching the mighty Zeppelin with my children! We watched the first two songs then I started going on about how great Plant's voice was, what a powerful drummer Bonham was, how totally awesome Pagey was playing, etc. when the younger one said "I was really impressed by the bass player." The older one immeadiately agreed saying "That's just what I was thinking!" How incredable that they would pick up on the most subtle member of the Zeppelin. Kids these days!

Nice post! The question is if they are really good listeners or just bass orientated.This seems to be a bit of a fashion for kids of today.

I guess in the 70ths most of the people did not think too much about the bassplayers.

Archived