Los Angeles,CA-The Forum June 3rd,1973

DavidZoso

This is a really good show and they go all out during the encores. This show and the very last show of the tour at Madison Square Garden , New York 7-29-73 are the only ones on the 1973 US tour that they performed Thank You as an encore. It is amazing Jimmy is playing so well considering he sprained his finger a few days before on a fence in San Diego. Jimmy from what I have seen only wore this orange shirt two other times and that was on a encore or 'Rock me Baby' with Bad Company in Central Park 9-24-74 and at the second night in Dallas 3-5-75. He changes into that long sleeve black shirt/jacket after he comes back out for the seond part of Mody Dick at this LA show.

Setlist:

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

Black Dog

Over the Hills and Far Away

Misty Mountain Hop

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

The Song Remains the Same

Rain Song

Dazed and Confused (incl. San Francisco)

Stairway to Heaven

Moby Dick

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love (incl. Let That Boy Boogie, I'm Going Down, I'm a Man, The Hunter)

The Ocean

Communication Breakdown

Organ solo ~ Thank You.

Opening Songs

la73-7.jpg

Opening songs

la73-8.jpg

Opening songs

la73-9.jpg

Opening songs

1780.jpg

Opening songs

la73-6.jpg

la73-jf1.jpg

lz19730603_21.jpg

Not sure -he sometimes used this guitar for -Over the Hills and Far Away

2001.jpg

Misty Mountain Hop or Since I've Been Loving You

lz19730603_03.jpg

Misty Mountain Hop or Since I've Been Loving You

lz19730603_04.jpg

lz19730603_05.jpg

1797.jpg

la73-1.jpg

1798.jpg

1799.jpg

lz19730603_06.jpg

1627.jpg

Rain Song or Stairway to Heaven

1781.jpg

2268.jpg

Dazed and Confused

JPage020130J24.jpg

Dazed and Confused

1796.jpg

Dazed and Confused

LA73.jpg

Dazed and Confused

1631.jpg

Most likely Dazed and Confused

pc_grp.jpg

Dazed and Confused

2267.jpg

Dazed and Confused

lz19730603_10.jpg

Most likely Dazed and Confused

group183.jpg

Moby Dick

md.jpg

Moby Dick

md2.jpg

Moby Dick

md3.jpg

End of Moby Dick

md4.jpg

Heartbreaker

2160.jpg

Heartbreaker

2167.jpg

Heartbreaker

1629.jpg

most likely Whole Lotta Love

1630.jpg

most likely Whole Lotta Love-he did use this red Les Paul on WLL but could be something else

lz19730603_19.jpg

lz19730603_18.jpg

lz19730603_20.jpg

Encore:possibly The Ocean or Communication Breakdown

1628.jpg

Encore:possibly The Ocean or Communication Breakdown

1669.jpg

Thank You

1668.jpg

Thank You

1667.jpg

Thank You

rob72_live.jpg

Not sure

lz19730603_22.jpg

Not sure

2158.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
San Diego -May 28, 1973

Also a great night, and the only time I ever heard them do Peggy Sue. At least that's what I remember. I didn't bring my tape recorder that day. Sorry for the fuzzy memory. But again that's another one of those concerts when I recall waiting in the hot sun to get into the venue for hours. This one was general admission and I was close to the stage.

They are fucking bomb! What a beast! DavidZoSo, didn't Jimmy use his double neck for Thank You?

I am almost positive on the studio version of Thank You he used a Fender 12 string but in all live versions I have seen including when Page/Plant toured he always used the Les Paul.

I do know that on the 1971 tours when they played Celebration day he used the doubleneck- the 12 string part to play it live.

But when they played it in 1979 and he used the double neck for The Song Remains the Same and then going into Celebration Day- he used the six string for Celebration Day. :huh:

I am almost positive on the studio version of Thank You he used a Fender 12 string but in all live versions I have seen including when Page/Plant toured he always used the Les Paul.

I do know that on the 1971 tours when they played Celebration day he used the doubleneck- the 12 string part to play it live.

But when they played it in 1979 and he used the double neck for The Song Remains the Same and then going into Celebration Day- he used the six string for Celebration Day. :huh:

I know on when they played Thank You at MSG in '73, he used the double neck.

I know on when they played Thank You at MSG in '73, he used the double neck.

Sorry to disappoint you but he used the Les Paul on Thank You at MSG 7-29-73 just like in LA 1973 here is a link of pics from the show- check out last 2 rows -that is Thank You being performed.

My link

• 1 month later...

1781.jpg

2268.jpg

Hi David,

As I just spent some time reminiscing about this June 3, 1973 show, I can give you a little help.

The first photo is DEFINITELY Rain Song. Jimmy kept his sleeves down until AFTER Rain Song. Then he rolled up his right sleeve before they started Dazed. He kept it up for Stairway.

The second photo is tougher to tell...is that a cropped photo? If you have a larger one where it shows more of his arms, if his sleeve is down it's Rain Song, if it's up it's Stairway.

• 1 year later...

most likely Whole Lotta Love-he did use this red Les Paul on WLL but could be something else

lz19730603_19.jpg

Can anyone tell me about Mr. Page's interesting fret hand approach? I have only seen one other photo where he did this, from 1977.

Archived