2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

Time to start anew.....

I like the Lions' pick of Fairley. As much as our D line is a strength, Corey Williams and Vandenbosch are getting on, and with Suh, this gives us at least one strength for years to come. We can still get some help at corner or Lb with the next two picks.

What in the world was Atlanta thinking ? :huh:

Time to start anew.....

I like the Lions' pick of Fairley. As much as our D line is a strength, Corey Williams and Vandenbosch are getting on, and with Suh, this gives us at least one strength for years to come. We can still get some help at corner or Lb with the next two picks.

What in the world was Atlanta thinking ? :huh:

Yes the Lions made a smart pick. I wasn't sure if the Bills would take him or Darius. I picked Darius in a pool by a local bank. So I guess I get in some drawing since me and probably a thousand others probably had it right. Many probably picked Fig Newton. I for one am happy Carolina took him. Too risky. We and your Lions get a starter right off the bat. And we sure needed someone that could stop the run and rush the passer. round two should be interesting. Cleveland wound up with a bag full of picks that will pay off for them next season. I think they won that one. But Atlanta got what they wanted I guess. But I just would not draft a guy that drops the ball so often. I wonder who we will take in two? The quarterbacks are gone so we have to go after a free agent backup for Fitzpatrick. I am wondering if Kitna is available? Or the scarecrow? I would love to get the scarecrow.

With all the talk of a lockout and the possibility of no 2011 season, I didn't even watch or follow the draft this year. Plus, Oakland didn't even have a first-round pick, so the Raiders are screwed.

All I know about this year's draft is that Cam Newton was the #1 pick and that Dallas drafted a USC lineman with their first pick.

Oh well, at least for a nanosecond, something other than the Osama bin Laden thread will be at the top of the page. :)

With all the talk of a lockout and the possibility of no 2011 season, I didn't even watch or follow the draft this year. Plus, Oakland didn't even have a first-round pick, so the Raiders are screwed.

All I know about this year's draft is that Cam Newton was the #1 pick and that Dallas drafted a USC lineman with their first pick.

Oh well, at least for a nanosecond, something other than the Osama bin Laden thread will be at the top of the page. :)

The experts are saying there will be a season and the players will lose. I never doubted that. The owners always win. I dont know all the issues here. Enlighten me if you do. If its about money, the greedy athletes of this era make more than they deserve. In Baseball expecially. Football and Hockey they deserve alot because their carreer can end on one play.

I am happy with the Bills draft. All defense. Darius number one. The number seven pick this big boy named Jasper, wait til you see this guy. He once tipped the scales at 450!! He is now over 350 and he can move well for a giant. He is going to be a wall to get by. A load to run behind. The Bills will get better. We need a backup or someone to challenge Fitz though. No way we are going to be the worst team and be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Ok. Ill get someone to post here. We willl win ten games!!!! Come and get me.!!!

The state of mind here in israel about this 1st round pick is simply a BUST. i dont understand it...cam newton? his public relations made him a 1st rounder, not his abillity.

BB is a genius, i still wonder where is the Pass-Rushing but i trust him.

Go pats.

The state of mind here in israel about this 1st round pick is simply a BUST. i dont understand it...cam newton? his public relations made him a 1st rounder, not his abillity.

BB is a genius, i still wonder where is the Pass-Rushing but i trust him.

Go pats.

I have not seen alot of negatives.

Negetives about Newton? are you kidding me? he didnt throw over then 250 throws in his all career, thats a 1st pick QB? i remember his camp day resultes: less than 50% success (Im not sure about that, but it was so bad) with no DEFENSE. thats a big negative.

It's too damned early for football.

It's never too early for football ! That being said, I had to crack up at the article predicting 2012 projected draft picks.

The Lions' were awarded a Monday night game....the first in the history of Ford Field.....and a sure sign of Armageddon.

It's never too early for football ! That being said, I had to crack up at the article predicting 2012 projected draft picks.

The Lions' were awarded a Monday night game....the first in the history of Ford Field.....and a sure sign of Armageddon.

I want to enjoy spring and summer first. Football always reminds me that the cold weather is here.

Clint Eastwood should be head coach of the Lions.

B)

I had heard about this. It is a sign the so called experts expect the Lions to be better. There is only one way to go for them and my Bills. Up. It seemed when Stafford was in they were better. The QB of course is the most important player. But you must have a reliable backup iin this day and age with a 16 game schedule and now the talk of them going to 18 soon. This year could be abbreviated. If that is the case, I guess the liklihook of an injury to either of our main guys is less. But still its always there. My team had better go get a reliable backup. I wish we could grab a guy like Kitna. But Dallas is unliely to let him go. It may be too soon for those to give up on a guy like Clauson who played for a bad team. Remember Rich Gannon? Proof that a guy can turn it around in the right surroundings. Who will be the surprise team? Or teams? I certainly think your lions will be better. In fact, they could battle for second place in that division if all were to go very well. Green Bay is going to win it again. But after that, who knows? Wild card? Minnesota could be a quick fix if the coaching works out. But they have major QB issues. Something Detroit has fixed. Defense will make or break the Lions. And the Bills. I do not think the lions can be considered to be better than the Bills yet. But they have snubbed us again. You lose four straight and that will do it. How is that insurance going Norwood? Whereever in the blazes you are?

• 2 months later...

This "free agent frenzy" is INSANE! Who is going to get Asomugha? I'm now hearing the Philadelphia Eagles - yuck!!

All sorts of craziness taking place - what will happen next??

Yes Silver, etc. your Bills will STILL suck again this year!! :lol:

Hi all,

This "free agent frenzy" is INSANE! Who is going to get Asomugha? I'm now hearing the Philadelphia Eagles - yuck!!All sorts of craziness taking place - what will happen next??Yes Silver, etc. your Bills will STILL suck again this year!! :lol:

Your right Walter! :blink:

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!

Chad Ochocinco on the Pats???? :P

Possibly Haynesworth?

KB

Hi all,

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Haynesworth?

KB

Ok Anjin San,. I know you are a Bruins and Pats fan. So you must live in Boston? So how about some good advice for me when I go to Cape Cod? Ever been to Chatham?

The Bills reported to Pittsford camp today. Less than ten minutes from me.

Hi all,

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Haynesworth?

KB

Yeah you picked up those two. Big names, but I'm not sold that they will fit in with the "Hoodies" system. He runs a 3-4, right? Albert refused to play that in DC. "85", is in a whole world to, and about, himself. They might prove me wrong, but the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior - and there history is of non-conformity. That doesn't sit well with your coach.

Hi all,

Ok Anjin San,. I know you are a Bruins and Pats fan. So you must live in Boston? So how about some good advice for me when I go to Cape Cod? Ever been to Chatham?

Celtics and Red Sox too! ;) No,live north of Boston,.....Beverly,MA. Beverly,MA

Many nice places to go on 'the Cape',Woods Hole: Woods Hole

Chatham nice too: Chatham

Your daughter is getting married? You want to fish?What? Geez man I could have gotten you some cheap hotel rooms,.....you must have pissed me off about the Bruins! :D

KB

Anjin-san, you are my kind of guy!! boston fan all the way!

To the subject, i think ochocinco is a avrage+ WR but we need a player like him that can spred the field for welker branch and the young TE's, and obviously a deep threat on the field is always good. on the lose against the jets we needed a guy like him (or randy moss) that can keep revis quiet.

about fat albert i dont really have much to say, a 5th round pick for the 2008 defensive POY is a good bargin, low risk high reward.

he have all conditions for it to work, he wont be a NT like he didnt want to be at washington and stupid shanahan made him and our 3-4 scheme is going to change more often that it used to change to 4-3scheme. so good luck pats and i sure do look forward to other moves from BB.

You gotta love training camp. Everyone has dreams about the upcoming season and most moves seem like positive ones. Then reality smacks you in the face like a Ray Lewis blitz!

Jimmy, where is your low risk/high reward Haynesworth? Not in camp on the practice field, AGAIN! :lol: It should at least be a very interesting season for you, if nothing else.

Vince Young is already tweeting that the Eagles are a "dream team"! Easy now, LeBron!

You gotta love training camp. Everyone has dreams about the upcoming season and most moves seem like positive ones. Then reality smacks you in the face like a Ray Lewis blitz!

Jimmy, where is your low risk/high reward Haynesworth? Not in camp on the practice field, AGAIN! :lol: It should at least be a very interesting season for you, if nothing else.

Vince Young is already tweeting that the Eagles are a "dream team"! Easy now, LeBron!

BB said that "there are still things Haynesworth needs to do before he can practice" and i dont know what the hell does that mean

im sure he will join the team in few days. this upcoming season is very exciting and i have the feeling the "fat albert & ochocinco project" will work out just fine. worst case scenario we cut both of them and those meaningless draft picks (two 5th round and a 6th) that somehow BB will find a way to get them and 234824827482734824 other picks as well.

Man, you're so wound up that you are quoting yourself! :lol:

You're correct about the "Hoodie" getting you guys a ton of draft picks every year.

It'll be interesting to see how much patience Brady has with 85, Chad definitely goes by the beat of his own drum and Tom don't roll that way. Look how long he kept Moss down, until he imploded again!

Edit: I see your edit got up before my post, so you must have come down a couple of notches! :)

Man, you're so wound up that you are quoting yourself! :lol:

You're correct about the "Hoodie" getting you guys a ton of draft picks every year.

It'll be interesting to see how much patience Brady has with 85, Chad definitely goes by the beat of his own drum and Tom don't roll that way. Look how long he kept Moss down, until he imploded again!

Edit: I see your edit got up before my post, so you must have come down a couple of notches! :)

yea i messed up the messege a bit unsure.gif

85 will fit just fine, as i said earlier, his main job is to allow deep threat and to spread the field that welker and branch will catch the short passes. chad must run the routs that BB and TB calls, its not like in cincinnati when he had a free rout.

yes i was quick with the editing, felt like a dummy.

Hi all,

BB said that "there are still things Haynesworth needs to do before he can practice" and i dont know what the hell does that mean

im sure he will join the team in few days. this upcoming season is very exciting and i have the feeling the "fat albert & ochocinco project" will work out just fine. worst case scenario we cut both of them and those meaningless draft picks (two 5th round and a 6th) that somehow BB will find a way to get them and 234824827482734824 other picks as well.

Haynesworth does not have to practice until Aug 4th,that is in his contract.Bill will kick him to curb asap,if he doesn't toe the line,.....a 5th round draft pick is what he was traded for.

Chad had his first real practice today and press conference.He thanked Cincinnati and talked about the 'Patriot way'.

KB

Archived