2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

Tom Brady looks like he really wants to get the 4th ring. That was quite a performance. It's amazing how cool and calm he is in the pocket. His throws are well timed and on the money.

That's when he has time to pick the secondary apart. See what he does when he has a defense that can defend the pass AND blitz the qb. He is a great one, no doubt about it, but ever since his injury he has been easier to rattle under pressure. IMO. Again, it was the first week and it was the Dolphins. ;)

Chad Henne threw for over 400 yards himself. That makes three quarterbacks in week one who threw for over 400. Another nine threw for over 300 and then there's Brady.............

Pass defense doesn't exist in the NFL anymore. The "Rules Committee" did a fine job :huh:

Actually the had the sixth, statistically speaking, last year - and I emphasize last year. They also had a -12 turnover ratio, so they don't pressure the qb well and don't create turnovers - which will allow a precession passer like Tom Brady to pick them apart. Wait until they play a team with an aggressive defense....but then again they did last year in the playoffs along with the year before that as well.

Football, gotta love that it's back on!! :thumbsup:

Okay, I woke up this morning and found out it wasn't a dream...the Raiders ACTUALLY did win last night! Their first opening day victory in 9 freaking years!

Thanks to the Denver air, Seabass tied the record for longest field goal with a 63-yarder right before halftime, and Shane Lechler set a Raider record for longest punt with a 77-yarder.

Still, it was against Denver, not exactly a defensive powerhouse. Our QB certainly didn't set the world on fire with a 5-12, 105 yards passing performance. If it wasn't for our running game and Seabass, the Raiders would have been in a world of hurt. But a win's a win, especially on the road against a division opponent.

Now, we go to Buffalo to see which team is for real(Buffalo surprisingly STOMPING Kansas City IN KC, no less)...too bad silvermedalist isn't here anymore. Could've had some fun with our teams going at it.

Hi Walter,all,

Actually the had the sixth, statistically speaking, last year - and I emphasize last year. They also had a -12 turnover ratio, so they don't pressure the qb well and don't create turnovers - which will allow a precession passer like Tom Brady to pick them apart. Wait until they play a team with an aggressive defense....but then again they did last year in the playoffs along with the year before that as well.

Yep,maybe I should not mention stats! :P The Bolts had the #1 D last year and didn't make the playoffs,...!

Brady,picked them apart because they ran a hurry-up offense,....no subs,no time.

Best,KB

Props to the "Hoodie" for putting together such a good game plan! Maybe that'll pay dividends down the road..... I know he doesn't prep his teams for Sept - Dec, but for Jan. That's the forward thinking that makes a champ. We'll see if they have the talent to execute though.... ;)

Wow! You mean I'm NOT alone? There actually is another Raider fan here? :blink:

The hubby is a big Raider fan, and watching the game as we speak. Beating Buffalo 14-0 in the 2nd quarter. I guess that makes me a Raider fan, but it depends on who they are playing. There are other teams I would rather root for at times rather than the Raiders.

Damn network contracts. 14 seconds left in the game. Raiders ahead but Buffalo breathiing down their necks threatening a touchdown for the lead and it cuts to the next game, where all they do is pre-game jaw-jacking. Missed the ending and Buffalo ended up winning.

Arrgggghhh...Raiders choke in the end. After making the yardsale rounds early this morning, hit the Barney's Beanery on the Santa Monica Promenade to catch the second half of all the morning games. They have satellite so they have all the games showing at once.

Saw Saints beat Chicago, Detroit pulverize KC, Cleveland shock Indy(ok, Manning is out, but still, the Colts should not be losing to the Browns), as well as the Raiders choke.

Gonna be a long up and down season.

Not at all...Huge Raiders fan...Flying from jersey to Oakland this weekend for the home opener. Go every year.

That's a hard core fan!! Hope you have a great trip. BTW, will you be in the Darth Vader mask, or the spiked shoulder pads with face paint? :P

nah....was a crap loss by the Pats

there's a difference.......

no, the bills WON the game, the pats didnt hand it to them (21-7 at the half), pats D suck's and brady sucked too, but buffalo were better. as a patriots fan im glad this lose came so early, its time to do some things with our offense and defense. brady cant always pass the ball. (WES WELKER WAS GODLIKE)

good win by the bills...

Archived