2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

Al Davis was the Peter Grant of the NFL.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

With all the shit the city of Detroit has been through, it's good to see their sports teams have a little success after years of futility. Congrats to the Lions...and Tigers!

Who would have guessed before the season that this week's Detroit-San Franciso game would be an important game?

I certainly wouldn't have, and I'm in metro Detroit! I was somewhere between skeptical and cautiously optimistic about the Lions this year. There was a lot of buzz and positive talk about the Lions going into this season, but I wasn't going to buy in, I've seen that movie before. But now that they're 5-0, and have a 9 game regular season winning streak, I can say I'm excited about them. I haven't had a reason to like them since Barry Sanders, and was disgusted by the Matt Millen era. But Ndamukong Suh, Calvin Johnson, and Matthew Stafford are great players and I love that nasty defensive line.

I'm still not going to call them a Super Bowl caliber team, and they're going to lose eventually. I'll put them at 10-6, with a playoff appearance.

Hi all,

Strider, I see that the silver and black just gave up a 1st round pick in 2012 and possibly another 1st round pick in 2013 for Carson Palmer!?! :slapface:

Walter,the B&S are hot right now and just lost their starting QB.The Bengals are a mess and not going anywhere,just don't ask the owner!.......Palmer was ready to quit football it was so bad there,...Besides,it has been the Raiders M.O. to pick up -has been- players and turn them around.

How about them Pats? :P

KB

How about them Pats? :P

KB

Hi KB, F-U!!!!!! :P

:)

Still no excuse on the Raiders part to give up 2 FIRST ROUNDERS to get a qb who most thought would only take a 2nd rounder to get. Over payment out of desperation, IMO.

Hi KB, F-U!!!!!! :P

:)

Still no excuse on the Raiders part to give up 2 FIRST ROUNDERS to get a qb who most thought would only take a 2nd rounder to get. Over payment out of desperation, IMO.

Oh well, can't blame this on poor Al Davis now...he's dead. For pete's sake, TWO first-rounders?!? :bagoverhead:

C'mon Jets...don't muck it up! I need you to beat the San Diego Chargers.

20 or so minutes later...

Yes! JETS WIN! OK, Raiders, the Jets did their part...now it is up to you to beat KC. Go Silver and Black!

A moment of silence for the Kyle Boller-era for the Raiders. I'm sure years from now, grown men will get misty-eyed thinking back on his one half of glory.

What an unmitigated disaster of a game for the Raiders. How do you lose to Matt Cassell and the Chiefs...AT HOME, no less? The AFC West division lead was there for the taking, after the Chargers lost to the Jets. Then to just come out flat and uninspired like that...UGH!

Carson Palmer wasn't much better in relief, but then, he's been sitting on a couch most of the year. With a bye week, the Raiders have extra time to get Palmer more familiar with the playbook and in game-shape. Still not sure it was worth giving up 2 first-round picks to get him. But then, seeing how they have wasted 1st-round picks in the past(JaMarcus Russell anyone?), maybe it is for the best.

• 4 weeks later...

The Niners @ 9&1

Who'da thunk it?

:^)

I think I am going to check them out in person Thursday night. Landed some tickets last night. I'll be routing for the older Harbaugh bro but I have always liked the 9ers. I pulled for them way back during the dark days of no NFL in B'more. A former co worker of mine was on their last team to win a ring. San Fran was always a class act as was my co worker. Good luck to them any other time.

I think I am going to check them out in person Thursday night. Landed some tickets last night. I'll be routing for the older Harbaugh bro but I have always liked the 9ers. I pulled for them way back during the dark days of no NFL in B'more. A former co worker of mine was on their last team to win a ring. San Fran was always a class act as was my co worker. Good luck to them any other time.

Yep, I've been a fan since the Kezar days. :^)

I have a feeling they'll be butting heads again with the Packers in the playoffs.

It helps the 49ers are in a shitty division...nobody else is above .500.

Still think Green Bay is the class of the league. Am laughing my ass off at the bungling "Dream Team" eagles.

Raiders! Raiders! Raiders! Just win, baby! I think we can take the division this year.

^The Ravens beg to differ. As for the Raiders, I am glad they found a way to win despite the injuries to our young stars. Thats what good teams do. The playoffs are a legitimate possibility now, and while i doubt we get far in them, its a serious improvement to be there.

RIP Al

Archived