Vinyl collections!

Thelma Susanna

• 2 weeks later...

count geek-freak as a vinyl freak... I started in `70`s the last few I added are

dogs d`amour in the dynamite jet saloon

eric claoton slowhand, ec was here blues

allman brothers band the road goes on forever.

• 7 months later...

I decided to make this thread because I just hit a goldmine as a newbie record collector! I have found a rare copy of Physical Graffiti! From 1975! It's a Canadian pressing. Anyways, this thread is for all you people out there who still value vinyl records, and think that they have better sound then CDs, MP3s, or anything digital. This is also a thread to brag about your collection. Enjoy!

I just acquired recently a Zeppelin bootleg from the Swan Song Germany Label called "Before the West Was Won" and I love it! Soundboard show from Jan 11, 1969 on gray marble vinyl and it sounds fantastic! Another recent addition I got was a steal! I got Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes live at the Greek on triple white vinyl for $25! That sounds spectacular too.

One record that I have that sounds a BILLION times better than digital is Queen's of the Stone Age's album "... Like Clockwork" on vinyl. What they did was take an album that could've been squeezed into a single record, and spread it out onto a double record. The thing that makes it sound so good is the record spins at 45 rpm instead of the usual 33 1/2 rpm. This means that the grooves are much more spread out, giving the sound so much more depth and clarity than I've ever heard. Highly recommend it!

-1183251210701850670.jpg

jimmy-page-black-crowes-live-at-the-gree

R-5029933-1387991457-6465_grande.jpg?v=1

51b2395b58ba5.jpg

My cover is red though ^

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely buy new Vinyl lp's because the vast majority if them are the cd mixes simply put on vinyl. Im still buying old s/h lp's including classical music and the occasional jazz album. I still have most the lp's I bought from the mid 70's onward although about 1993 I sold off about three hundred impulse buys and stuff I didnt listen to. Mostly 80's stuff . Never counted what I have now. Not a lot compared to some people as I have always had other demands on my income. When I put up some new shelving in the spare room for my lp's I needed 20 feet of wood. All my zepp albums before the original Remasters CD set are on vinyl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Added two more Led Zeppelin vinyls to my collection. "Persistence" (Roon Dog) and "Led Zeppelin '71" (TMOQ).

For some reason I had never bothered to get "Persistence", which is the 1973 Kezar Stadium, San Francisco show. So when I saw this one for a reasonable price, I figured better late than never.

post-1470-0-81624600-1427178083_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-13399100-1427178157_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-35688700-1427178212_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-50497500-1427178264_thumb.jp

As for Led Zeppelin '71, it's another variant of the April 1 1971 BBC concert, but it's an early TMOQ with an interesting configuration...one 12" vinyl and a 7" ep.

post-1470-0-85760600-1427178473_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-19926000-1427178539_thumb.jp

There was another one I was poised to get...the Geiko-Suzuki triple-album set of the 2nd Copenhagen Warm-ups in 1979. I always like having extra copies of that one as they make nice gifts. Alas, when I inspected the vinyl inside I discovered water damage.

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a box in the middle labeled '#3 Hip-Hop'? Didn't know you had it in you Strider... :rollin:

I listen to a lot of genres, Sath. Blues, soul, rock, pop, musicals, jazz, classical, baroque, trance, African, Indian, old country, even hip-hop.

You'll find Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, Afrikan Bambaata, Kurtis Blow, KRS-One, Run-DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Schooly D, NWA, Eric B & Rakim, Paris, Jungle Brothers, Digital Underground, Cypress Hill, Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang Clan, and Outkast among my records. I lost interest after Outkast, though. You won't find a hip-hop album post-2003 in my collection.

I listen to a lot of genres, Sath. Blues, soul, rock, pop, musicals, jazz, classical, baroque, trance, African, Indian, old country, even hip-hop.

You'll find Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, Afrikan Bambaata, Kurtis Blow, KRS-One, Run-DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Schooly D, NWA, Eric B & Rakim, Paris, Jungle Brothers, Digital Underground, Cypress Hill, Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang Clan, and Outkast among my records. I lost interest after Outkast, though. You won't find a hip-hop album post-2003 in my collection.

Yep, Outkast was a big part of the soundtrack to my high school years. You're right, it hasn't been the same since they left the scene.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived