United States of America

lzzoso

Whoever started these "Thank You" for (insert country here), I salute you. I realize that there has to be a "Thank You" for the the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" topic here, however, I would Like to start a New One. (By the way, jahfin, do not post a reply that says there already is a topic here. That seems to get old. If you have a comment please, make a real comment).

I would like to Thank my own country for helping out all the other Nations of the World that has some kind of problem(s) that they cannot handle on their own. Be that political/socio/economic/natural or other.

This is only one reason why I love (My Country). How many other Countries/Nation/Governments/Citizens help out other Countries with Billions of Dollars in Aid and Manpower when something happens to "their" own country? I could go and name names, however, that seems to me to be a moot point.

Look what just happened in Oslo. I would bet that the Norwegian government will ask the United States of America's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to look into and help out what and why and how this terrible could have occured.

Besides that, I could "Ramble On" about why I would like to Thank the USA.

To me, what is comes down to, is that I honestly do LOVE my Country and I would defend it to my Death. From any enemies, both foreign or domestic.

Whoever started these "Thank You" for (insert country here), I salute you. I realize that there has to be a "Thank You" for the the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" topic here, however, I would Like to start a New One. (By the way, jahfin, do not post a reply that says there already is a topic here. That seems to get old. If you have a comment please, make a real comment).

/I'm not Jahfin.

To be fair, the search function didn't turn up ANY results for "Thank You", despite the numerous Thank You threads.

This was about 4 or 5 pages deep.

I would like to thank America for single-handedly making LZ so successful.

If it wasn't for you guys, the band would probably have folded after a couple of albums. At least, that's what I've always been led to believe by some Americans.

http://forums.ledzep...ou-america-for/

/I'm not Jahfin.

To be fair, the search function didn't turn up ANY results for "Thank You", despite the numerous Thank You threads.

This was about 4 or 5 pages deep.

That's because I believe the search function here only searches for a string of three words or more, and none of them can be common words. I think "you" is considered a common word, so it would automatically boot it. You would have to search "Thank You America" or something similar like that.

The Ramones.

The cute waitress in the BigBoy burger joint I fell in love with in August 1976.

(Gloria, if you're reading this: you were my first, and although we could never have stayed together, you are forever in my heart. Whenever I hear 'Afternoon Delight', I always think of you. I miss you, honey.)

If it wasn't for you guys, the band would probably have folded after a couple of albums. At least, that's what I've always been led to believe by some Americans.

You would have to say the same for the Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc. We have the numbers. Its a big country. Success in England alone would have meant nothing.

Success in England alone would have meant nothing.

Huh - try telling that to Status Quo. They have sold 118,000,000 records worldwide, only about 8 of which were in the US.

Anyway, it wouldn't have been 'England alone'. What about the rest of Europe? Japan? Australia/New Zealand?

Oh, and I would also like to thank America for Fritos, Cheetos and purple grape flavoured things.

You would have to say the same for the Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc. We have the numbers. Its a big country. Success in England alone would have meant nothing to Americans.

Fixed.

Hi all,

Let me ask you a question;why did LZ tour so much in the colonies?

KB

Huh - try telling that to Status Quo. They have sold 118,000,000 records worldwide, only about 8 of which were in the US.

Anyway, it wouldn't have been 'England alone'. What about the rest of Europe? Japan? Australia/New Zealand?

Oh, and I would also like to thank America for Fritos, Cheetos and purple grape flavoured things.

:lol: If you are a good boy maybe Santa will send you some Frito's. What is it with your obsession with purple grape? Dont they sell anything grape in England? So which do you prefer the original or chili cheese frito's. Now I am starting to like them. I am going to get some Cape Cod chips when I go up there. And of course with any luck some clams and lobster. I am bringing a cooler and hoping to bring some fish back. So do you think you will ever get to America again? While we are on the subject of America? I wish I could get to London next June. That is going to be something special. Back to your record sales numbers, what did you mean only 8 in the US? The USA had to outsell any country in the world when it came to any of the big bands of the seventies and the Beatles included. I cant call them a seventies band as they broke up in 70. But it doesn't seem to do them justice to refer to them as a sixties band. The seventies were the best. Period.

:lol: If you are a good boy maybe Santa will send you some Frito's. What is it with your obsession with purple grape? Dont they sell anything grape in England? So which do you prefer the original or chili cheese frito's. Now I am starting to like them. I am going to get some Cape Cod chips when I go up there. And of course with any luck some clams and lobster. I am bringing a cooler and hoping to bring some fish back. So do you think you will ever get to America again? While we are on the subject of America? I wish I could get to London next June. That is going to be something special. Back to your record sales numbers, what did you mean only 8 in the US? The USA had to outsell any country in the world when it came to any of the big bands of the seventies and the Beatles included. I cant call them a seventies band as they broke up in 70. But it doesn't seem to do them justice to refer to them as a sixties band. The seventies were the best. Period.

No, I don't think I'll be over again. For one thing, Gloria will be in her mid-50s by now (she was older than me - I was 14 and she was 20, I think). So there's no point there. Sure I would come over if I had a time machine - not only for Gloria, but also to catch all of the LZ tours. That would be cool.

I like ALL fritos. Just give me corn chips, pallet-loads of 'em - I'll eat them all, and then I'll lick the inside of the bags. You can get them mail order over here, probably from some dodgy entrepreneur on one of your airbases, but they're too damn expensive, and the bags are too small.

Why am I obsessed with purple grape? Because you can only get purple grape JUICE over here, and I used to like the soda, and the candy. I actually found some BLACK grape soda in Tesco the other week, which tastes just about the same, but it's the full-sugar variety, and I shouldn't really drink that cos I'm a diabetic now. But I'm not taking my condition as seriously as I should. It will probably take several abscesses and a foot amputation before I mend my ways :lol:

No, I don't think I'll be over again. For one thing, Gloria will be in her mid-50s by now (she was older than me - I was 14 and she was 20, I think). So there's no point there. Sure I would come over if I had a time machine - not only for Gloria, but also to catch all of the LZ tours. That would be cool.

I like ALL fritos. Just give me corn chips, pallet-loads of 'em - I'll eat them all, and then I'll lick the inside of the bags. You can get them mail order over here, probably from some dodgy entrepreneur on one of your airbases, but they're too damn expensive, and the bags are too small.

Why am I obsessed with purple grape? Because you can only get purple grape JUICE over here, and I used to like the soda, and the candy. I actually found some BLACK grape soda in Tesco the other week, which tastes just about the same, but it's the full-sugar variety, and I shouldn't really drink that cos I'm a diabetic now. But I'm not taking my condition as seriously as I should. It will probably take several abscesses and a foot amputation before I mend my ways :lol:

Dont play games wiith that diabetes man. Geez. What else are you hiding/ ha. No more sugar for you. Time for an inisulin pump and a trip to Costa Rica for stem cell treatments. ha.

Thank you for carrying on the Great English Tradition of Burning Witches, Go Salem Go, do you still do it? :blink:

No really, there are so many things to thank America for, but for me the one thing that stands out head and shoulders above all else is The Blues, a music genre that has so much feeling in it that it never ceases to bring my inner self to the fore front of my emotions, and it has been the Blueprint for some much Great Music to grow from. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Hi all,

Thank you for carrying on the Great English Tradition of Burning Witches, Go Salem Go, do you still do it? :blink:

In 1692,we were still British,don't ya know?

No really, there are so many things to thank America for, but for me the one thing that stands out head and shoulders above all else is The Blues, a music genre that has so much feeling in it that it never ceases to bring my inner self to the fore front of my emotions, and it has been the Blueprint for some much Great Music to grow from. :beer:

Cheers,and gospel,or good story,you know that right?Right.

KB

Hi all,

In 1692,we were still British,don't ya know?

Cheers,and gospel,or good story,you know that right?Right.

KB

PST, you still are British, only you have forgot some of your roots, and how to enjoy a cup of tea, :yesnod: tea drinkers are the mellowest of people, we're not all lager louts as the press would have you believe, only the German and Scandinavian Blood Lines do that. :o:lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Hi all,

PST, you still are British, only you have forgot some of your roots,

Nice go Danny but no.Only 3rd generation Irish.From county Mayo,....

and how to enjoy a cup of tea, :yesnod: tea drinkers are the mellowest of people, we're not all lager louts as the press would have you believe, only the German and Scandinavian Blood Lines do that. :o:lol:

I doubt China or India would agree,.....

KB

Hi all,

Nice go Danny but no.Only 3rd generation Irish.From county Mayo,....

I doubt China or India would agree,.....

KB

Me to Kev, from Galway, Cork and a couple of other pastures, but i'm English now not some Guiness Drinking Mick, :o you are what you are and holding on to a past you never knew is futile, as for tea? PG Tips, all that trad shite is for the connoisseur not for the addicted like me, i drink gallons a day so i go for what the taste buds can handle.

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Archived