Did Jimmy Page produce any other records than his own?

He was a producer of other artists in the 60s. I would be hard pressed to tell you who but I'm sure others here are more knowledgeable.

I also remember, from an interview in the 80s, a question about this. He was asked if he ever get the desire to produce other artists to which he responded: "Don't ask me that question!". The interviewer asked why, to which Page responded that he would get inundated with requests...

He was a producer of other artists in the 60s. I would be hard pressed to tell you who but I'm others here are more knowledgeable.

I also remember, from an interview in the 80s, a question about this. He was asked if he ever get the desire to produce other artists to which he responded: "Don't ask me that question!". The interviewer asked why, to which Page responded that he would get inundated with requests...

I don't think Jimmy was trying to make a bad interview, you can just understand why he wouldn't want to answer this.

didn't he produce an album in the 80s for a band called Vandenburg? i seem to recall their mainman Adrian Vandenburg(?) was the new guitar whizzkid on the block at the time

didn't he produce an album in the 80s for a band called Vandenburg? i seem to recall their mainman Adrian Vandenburg(?) was the new guitar whizzkid on the block at the time

They're among many who used Sol Studio to record an album, but Jimmy did not produce it. He did visit them twice during their recording sessions.

They were merely among several artists who used Sol Studio to record an album, but Jimmy did not produce it. He did visit them twice during their recording sessions.

thanks for clarifying that steve. i seem to remember a quote from jimmy about them in a music paper at the time

They're among many who used Sol Studio to record an album, but Jimmy did not produce it. He did visit them twice during their recording sessions.

Jeff Beck also recorded his cd Guitar Shop (1989) there with Lief Masses. (Worked on In Through the Out Door) The running joke by Jeff was that Jimmy charged him too much for the studio time.

• 5 months later...

Glad I found this thread, as I've been thinking for a few days about all the post here of Jimmy's lack of new music.....With the great job and forsight that he had with producing all of the Zeppelin records, it's a wonder why he hasn't been approached to do any producing for any other acts these days (or in the past decades) I think it would be very flattering to him, considering his background and knowledge in the studio. Maybe this has happened (been approached) with no result or action? I dunno, but I think it would be great to see him as a producer on someone's work that he felt he could work with.

oh and i always fell for the rumour that Jimmy Page actually produced the first Detective album for Swan Song under pseudonym.

It surely sounds very zeppelinesque. But then it was 1977 and Mr. Page probably was really busy doing other things.

He produced some Eric Clapton sessions during 1965 for Eric just prior to joining the Bluesbreakers

Is that the Eric Clapton & The Powerhouse session found on the Elektra compilation album "What's Shakin'!" from 1966??? I have that LP.

Archived