Missing Cat

LedZep342

My cat went missing Thursday evening, and I haven't been able to find him since, then, I have a fair amount of woods in my backyard, so I'm not really sure where he could be. If anyone has any suggestions of what I could do, that would be very helpful.:)

Call Animal Control and your local pound/animal shelters and ask if anyone has brought in a cat fitting your cat's description. Post flyers around your neighborhood with the cat's picture and knock on doors asking if anyone has seen him.

Good luck and I hope you find him safe. I have two cats and a dog, and if anything happened to either of them, I'd cry.

I hope your cat returns soon. One day my dog wandered off, he was in the backyard of a house across the street, we tried to lure him home, and after like 10 minutes, we got him. Cats usually wander off alot and usually are quiet animals, if you find him it should be easy to get him back home.

His name is Eclipse, we didn't name him that, he was already named when we saw him in the newspaper, we got him from a foster home about four years ago.

And thanks, I was going to ask you.:)

I hope your kitty is just on a little adventure and shows up soon. It can be hard to wait, not knowing. Hang in there.

my cat returns if I open a can of food outside and tap on the dish while I put the food into it. Your cat must be pretty hungry by now--try it, it might work.

My cat went missing Thursday evening, and I haven't been able to find him since, then, I have a fair amount of woods in my backyard, so I'm not really sure where he could be. If anyone has any suggestions of what I could do, that would be very helpful.:)

How old is the cat and if the cat has been outdoors often his or her survival skills should be good enough to keep him alive. My male cat was gone for a week. I kept going back to the house we had do move from constantly and he finally showed up ok. There were nearby woods so he probably lived on mice or such. Hopefully that is the cass with yours. Keep going back to the same spot you last saw him/her. Should return. Good luck.

Of course check all local trees and sewer grates. Look in road drains.

Hello,

I hope your cat shows up. We lost our cat "Meowmallers" a few years back and he never showed up.

You said you live near some woods? The thing about living near wild areas is that there are predators that you may not be aware of. Cats will wander a little ways off to hunt mice and other prey themselves, but they usually don't wander too far unless they are not fixed. Is your cat fixed?

I think the thing people need to appreciate is that there are feral dogs in the woods as well as coyotes (especially in the western states) who hunt house pets (cats and dogs) all of the time. Where I live now there are hundreds of coyotes out at night. There are no "lost pets" where I live unfortunately, so take heed. That is what happened to our dear Meowmallers; it was coyotes.

Keep up hope. Sometimes they just show up weeks later. I've had that happen too. Or sometimes they wander off and someone else takes them as a pet. Post some signs around, and hope for the best.

Cheers,

Mister Hamilton

Well, I'm very sorry for your cat!:(

I do live near the woods, but in the east fortunately! My cat hunts for prey a lot, he has lived outdoors for a while before he was taken in to a foster home, then we got him. Friday night, my other family members and I thought we heard a cat fight, our cat has gotten in fights before, but not any at all.

That's what I'm hoping for, I am going to post a sign at my local Grocery Store, where other lost pet posts are, I just hope for the best!:)

Did you find your cat?

Archived