What artist (s) would you like to meet?

Led Zep Girl

First and foremost, Jimmy Page. He has been my favorite guitarist/musician for about as long as I can remember. Any other Zep member, too. Others:

Jack White

Bob Dylan

Stephen Marley (I had the chance last summer but my friend was in a hurry and didn't want to hang on the bus with him and his band...and he was my ride home, so I had no choice!)

Pete Townshend

Doug Dillard (he is to the banjo what Jimmy Page is to the guitar)

Chris Robinson*

*I use the asterisk on him because he is the only member - past or latest pre-hiatus lineup - of The Black Crowes I haven't met yet. The rest I have met numerous times and they're all extremely cool. I would've included Eric Burdon and Robby Krieger, but I've met both of them as well.

Hmmm... brave choices, Mr. Flavius. I admire Jack White, Bob Dylan & Pete Townshend - i think one would need to be lucky enough to catch them in an accomodating mood or look out. Jack is so physically imposing that I wouldn't want to piss him off. The latter 2 would probably just say something withering.

What was your impression of Robby Krieger?

Hmmm... brave choices, Mr. Flavius. I admire Jack White, Bob Dylan & Pete Townshend - i think one would need to be lucky enough to catch them in an accomodating mood or look out. Jack is so physically imposing that I wouldn't want to piss him off. The latter 2 would probably just say something withering.

What was your impression of Robby Krieger?

Robby was really nice. VERY soft-spoken, almost shy, which I found interesting. I stuck with questions (not that I asked him a whole bunch) about guitar technique and some sounds he's gotten over the years both in and out of The Doors. How he got the sound for the solo of "You're Lost Little Girl", for instance, which I always found to be a very innovative tone. I remember asking him how the hell The Doors got that sound in the break of "Hello, I Love You" because my band had been doing it and we were going crazy trying to emulate it. He told me how they did it, but I can't remember now! (This was in 1990). I think he said Ray had some synthesizer in the studio that they used for it. We talked for about 10 minutes. Nice guy. And Dylan...he'd be the guy I'd be worried about catching in an accomodating mood. I don't even know what I'd say to him, lol. His body of lyrics alone could make even the smartest guy feel pretty dumb face-to-face.

I've heard Jack White is a very cool and accomodating guy when he meets fans. A friend of mine literally bumped into him in an airport and they started talking. Jack opened up a suitcase and gave him all kinds of promo discs and some signed pictures. I'm a little, tiny bit jealous of said friend because of that!!

Nowdays I watched "It Might Get Loud" and I haven't really known Jack White's music so far. I hear in his music influence of classic rock and blues, I like it.

Anyway, by the film, I can imagine that he's a frendly guy. But it's all the same, I'll never meet him or anyone else of those musicians, who I've mentioned.

(And my English is terrible, sorry.)

Nowdays I watched "It Might Get Loud" and I haven't really known Jack White's music so far. I hear in his music influence of classic rock and blues, I like it.

Anyway, by the film, I can imagine that he's a frendly guy. But it's all the same, I'll never meet him or anyone else of those musicians, who I've mentioned.

(And my English is terrible, sorry.)

Haha, your English is better than half the people who send me e-mails for work on a daily basis! Yeah - check out Jack White's stuff for sure. The White Stripes and The Raconteurs are both just great.

• 2 months later...

Archived