Led Zeppelin Bootleg Deletions

LZ-ZOSO

Has anyone else who happened to enjoy listening to full Led Zeppelin Live Bootlegs on YouTube noticed that alot of these show have been removed (or deleted)? I "collected" alot of these Live Full Length Led Zeppelin shows in my YouTube History only to find out that many of them are no longer available to listen to and enjoy.

The "official" statement is:

"This video contains content from Warner Chappel, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that".

Out of the 50+ concerts I have (had), at least 15 of them have now been "blocked". At one time, not too long ago, I had well over 100 hours of Live Led Zeppelin concerts that I could enjoy at any time. Since all this happened, within a few months, I now have about 2/3 of them left to enjoy.

Am I the only one who has noticed this most unfortunate occurence? By the way, I would really like to Thank the many Led Zeppelin fans, some of them from this awesome Forum, that have taken the time to Upload these Great Live Led Zeppelin concerts on YouTube for all the World to enjoy.

(If some of You who are unaware of what I am referring too, I suggest You take the short time and find out for Yourself what I am talking about. If You are as big of a Led Zeppelin fan as I am of the Band itself and especially of Their Live Legacy, You will not be disappointed).

Led Zeppelin concerts that I had that were "Blocked" on YouTube:

Germany 1970

Virginia 1971

Baltimore 1972

New York 1972

Liverpool 1973

New York 1973

Mobile 1973

San Dieo 1973

Brussels 1975

Vancouver 1975

Seattle 1975

Houston 1977

Los Angeles 1977

San Francisco 1977...

I am not a Person that gets mad very easily, however, It does bother me that all these and other Great Live Led Zeppelin concerts get/got "blocked" for any reason. I mean, whoever or whatever entity that wants to deprieve the "True" fans access to these "historic" recordings based on some monetary concern, is beyond my comprehension. These are "BOOTLEG" recordings after all, NOT Pirate or Counterfeit recordings. Most of these recordings are over 30+ years ago.

Y'know, even if the video is blocked, if you just copy the shortcut of the video, you can paste it on a youtube to mp3 converter and listen to it on Windows Media Player or burn a CD of it or put it on an mp3 player.

...or Google the myriad of blogs and whatnot where these kinds of recordings are readily available for download -usually in the best possible quality, made by collectors for collectors- or join a live music trading torrent site (just maintain a steady share ratio, etc)...or PM some of the collectors here who would be more than happy to sort you out...many, many, other vastly superior sources for this kinda stuff than fucking You Tube...IMO the massive censorship over there will be their eventual downfall. Eventually the only kind of music you'll be able to access on You Tube is Joe Blow sitting in his bedroom playing his own version of whatever song...no thanks.

You Tube gave us Justin Beiber. Atlantic Records gave us Led Zeppelin. 'Nuff said.

Although Youtube and Warner Crappel are fucking assholes, the internet is FILLED with places to get new bootlegs. Torrents, bootleg sites, the possibilities are endless. There are alot of people with profiles on the internet who has a unreleased bootleg recording or video clip.

...or Google the myriad of blogs and whatnot where these kinds of recordings are readily available for download -usually in the best possible quality, made by collectors for collectors- or join a live music trading torrent site (just maintain a steady share ratio, etc)...or PM some of the collectors here who would be more than happy to sort you out...many, many, other vastly superior sources for this kinda stuff than fucking You Tube...IMO the massive censorship over there will be their eventual downfall. Eventually the only kind of music you'll be able to access on You Tube is Joe Blow sitting in his bedroom playing his own version of whatever song...no thanks.

You Tube gave us Justin Beiber. Atlantic Records gave us Led Zeppelin. 'Nuff said.

I'd say that shows you the difference, record companies arent really all that concerned with such DLs or indeed even boots(the odd case but really limated resouces put into it) these days because there non mainstream. The kind of person who DLs or buys them is more than likely the kind of person who already owns every offical Zep release where as I'd guess the fear is that live recordings on youtube will take business away from offical releases.

I actually have no problem with YouTube. Almost any song or video by almost singer, musician or band I want to see or hear is only a few keystrokes away. Whenever, I want to listen to the Spinners or DIO or the Go-Go's or Rush or Led Zeppelin (or whomever), it is right there for me to enjoy.

Like I mentioned in my post #4, what really irratates me is the fact that Warner Chapell is now/are now blocking some great live Led Zeppelin full concerts that were there only a couple of months ago. Whether or not this is in conjuction with YouTube, I have no idea. I just feel that whatever entity (Warner Chapell and/or YouTube) that is removing Led Zeppelin bootlegs from being heard is, in my opinion, utter nonesense.

However, I have just recently found a few "uploaders" on YouTube that seems to have bypassed Warner Chapell's attempt to delete many of these historic recordings. One such "uploader" has over 50+ full Live Led Zeppelin bootlegs stretching from 1968 - 1980. Many of which I have never heard before. I believe that Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin's Greatest achievement is the plain and simple fact that almost every concert They ever played was never played the same way twice. Led Zeppelin may have played the same songs and the same sets from tour to tour, however, they Never played the same song the same way. Never did Led Zeppelin play any of Their songs note for note at every single gig. Even today, Led Zeppelin's Live Legacy is unmatched in the History of Rock and Roll.

"Eye Thank You" to all the persons who have taken the time and effort to make such recordings available!!!

I'd say that shows you the difference, record companies arent really all that concerned with such DLs or indeed even boots(the odd case but really limated resouces put into it) these days because there non mainstream. The kind of person who DLs or buys them is more than likely the kind of person who already owns every offical Zep release where as I'd guess the fear is that live recordings on youtube will take business away from offical releases.

Emphasis mine...which really makes no sense on the face of it (not yer statement, the fact that You tube does just that). Why should YT be concerned about uploads of non-official live material? Not a cent is being lost to the Record Company Pricks, as Frank Zappa called them...and yer right, 99.9% of collectors of bootlegs own all the official material; us collectors are just die hards who want to hear every note, live or studio, burp or gurgle made by our favourite bands, simple as that. IMO You Tube are shooting themselves in the foot by censoring non-official material, but, if you ask me, the record companies are just as much at fault. As I've said many times over the years, if all the major labels really were smart, they would have made every band's catalog available for download or streaming -at a price, say, $5 an album, just to pull a figure outta the air- back in 1998 or so. It wouldn't have been a be all end all but it would have stopped Napster and every sort of 'download piracy' pretty much dead in its tracks. Consider: who wouldn't pay $5 an album (plus jpegs of the covers and whatnot) for pristine lossless versions as opposed to downloading crappy 96kb mp3s with mislabeled files, etc,off of Pirate Bay or whatever? If the major labels had've actually done this, I'd be willing to bet many artists would have opened their vaults & letting loose all sorts of hitherto unreleased/unofficial material via the same route, thereby stopping the evil bootleggers dead in their tracks. Look at the Stones finally releasing the infamous/immortal Brussels '73 show as a download only through their website a little while back. Shit, I've owned the fuckin' bootleg of that show on both vinyl and CD for years, but I still bought the damn download, because it was official; it put money in the bands' pocket, and it was a hell of a gesture on the Stones' part, considering how in demand that particular recording was (Jimmy Page would be wise to do the same thing...hint hint!). But I bet you don't see any Brussels '73 material on You Tube anymore. Which makes sense, sort of.

And, on that note...I'll stop babbling now...fucking insomnia...LOL

Hello folks! I found this thread by googling the youtube message you've been seeing, maybe you guys can help me...

I work for an audult music education program, and our students end their sessions by playing a show, in wish we film and upload to youtube for free viewing. I uploaded our students' cover of "Good Times Bad Times" and we indeed get the message that Warner-Chappel blocked our upload in the US.

But, the thing of it is, it is NOT a Led Zeppelin recording--it is our students covering the song. So why would W-C block us? Is this simply a mistake? But since this is Warner-Chappell Is this a publishing/liscenecing issue? That has already been taken care of by the venue the song was perfomred at (perfromance liscencing). But yet any simple search of "Good Times Bad Times" will yield multiple people covering the song.

ANy help would be great, I want to clear this issue asap for our students. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Quite a lot of the youtube video clips are from official releases, so not surprising they will get pulled. Why not just download the ones you really want to keep, video or music )with or without pics) it's easy to do.?

Andy

Archived