Things that Irk You about Society

betteremily

[before you answer], [i have to add this disclaimer]

:threadjacked:

^ Doesn't that irk you?

[im impressed].

[are you a female between the ages of 22 and 30 and do you collect fridge magnets]?

[if so, here's a question]...

[why did the polar bear gain so much weight]?

No, I'm not into refridgerator decor. :D

..To get out of Michigan? :lol:

Squirrels: Is it me but are squirrels becoming a menace to society?. I always remember squirrel nutkin as a cuddly creature roaming from tree to tree nibbling acorns and getting on stamps from time to time.

But I am getting frequently frustrated with this vermin as they devour every seed,nut and ball that I put out for my mates - the garden birds. How much can an animal eat before it bursts? Mrs CP forbids me to coat the bird food in chilli as this deters the bastards and the birds can't taste chilli - apparently, but short of taking a 12 bore I am at my wits end.

You better hope Levee doesn't see this post as I believe he has some sort of a thing for squirrels.

Voice mail every fucking place you call now. Cannot get a human being. No way. Go through the prompts and by then you are ready to down a bottle of Scotch.

wow......i never pegged you for a drinker........bwaaahahahahahahahahaha

ummmmmmmmm

liberals in general

conservatives in general

race baiters

uptight mods on wimpy message boards

shit........forgot the question

Yes Chavs. This particular breed of people first emerged in the late 80's early nineties, contrary to the Oxford English Dictionary, this word was used by me and many of my friends to describe the fighting brigade which frequented our drinking hostelry. This scum usually meated out their form of punishment to anyone who looked different. After a few ales they would pick a fight and then, as a pack, would all join in. Of course as a single unit they couldn't fight their way through a paper bag.

The word "charva" is the origin of chav and has been used in Geordie dialect for decades - you'll hear it in "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet", filmed n the early 80s.

The word "charva" is the origin of chav and has been used in Geordie dialect for decades - you'll hear it in "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet", filmed n the early 80s.

Thanks for the authentication Knebby- it makes sense that this word trickled it's way over to the west side in the 80's. I remember seeing a programme on the beeb a few years ago and they were saying it was a nineties word associated with sections of society who wore Burberry and looked kind of tacky in a weird way.

• 7 months later...

People who cut you off and then drive slow.

People who pull up to the big blue mail drop box and then decide to put the stamps on their mail (while there is line of cars waiting).

Hate to say it but the above mostly happens with old people.

Archived