Things that Irk You about Society

betteremily

Have to disagree here. Didn't you see that article he did about 15 years ago - 'Self Pity City', about Liverpool? He deserved a fucking knighthood for that.

Yeah, no kidding. From a particular poster on here from Liverpool, I would have to say they have anger management issues.

Generally, intolerant people like this...WTF??? What is your problem with gays? Sounds like reaction formation to me.

Not responding to you in particular since I didn't write the post you were responding to, and I guess flipping people off seems all the rage around here with some posters, but WTF is their problem in this situation? :huh:

Gay-activists-WH-visit1-620x273.jpg

Talk about intolerance..

Holier than thou: There are many catagories that people can join this select club of very irritating individuals. But by far the worst 2 offenders are the reformed Alcoholic/Drug user/smoker and the carnivore turned vegetarian. I have experience in this in a roundabout way and can hold my hand up to being the latter, in my younger days anyway.

For UK residents and readers of The Sunday Times, the cream at the top of the milk has to be one of the most opiniated,Holier than thou,despised and quite franky tawdry man AA Gill, or Adrian as he was christened. But can't you already tell what kind of man he is? AA, MY ARSE. He is the restaurant critic you see, and every week he slates every place he visits. Not always because of the food - oh no. Generally it's because the waiter has bad breath or didn't clean Gills shoes as he walked in or even better if it is the food, maybe the trifle had a dash of sherry in it. Now Gill is a "recovering alcoholic" as he always tells us. That one dash of Jerez finest will be enough for him to knock back 2 bottles of wine before lunch and a few bottles of gin every night. And dead within a week. Oh how I wish the trifle did contain Sherry. OK man you don't drink or smoke anymore but please don't go on about it every time. Just cos I can enjoy a full bodied Rioja and you can't DON'T MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT

Smokers are the same - used to smoke 20 a day? But now "errrrrrr go away you stink. Disgusting habit. Do you have to? " etc etc. "Thank God I don't smoke anymore" "Really you still smoke?" "I'm smoke free these days" Wankers

Vegetarians: I am NOT against veggies in any way - hey I was one for 20 years. But when I gave up meat i never used to say to meat eaters " It's wrong to eat chicken, beef, pork, lamb, wear leather, have biscuits that contain animal fat - are there any eggs in that? " When I ate bacon - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" Your a vegetarian I am a carnivore. End of story.

Next time folks - it's my hatred of people who say "innit"

LOL... I hear ya ! I won't advocate that everything I do , think or say is okay for everyone or , even right but, I'll be damned if I'll have other's tell me how to live my life ! Am I ignorant...no. I just choose to live my life the way I see fit . I will say, I'm not a selfish person and at all times, I try to be respectful of other's when I'm in the public domain. That being said, it pisses me off that so many people in our society can be so judgemental of other's yet those same people are the ones that are the last to open or hold a door for someone, give up a seat etc. It's called common courtesy and it's in short supply

Yet, me or you steal $100 from a store and we would get 20 years.

Unfortunately, if you stole money in Britain, you would be given a pat on the head and asked if you would like some welfare benefits to help you get over the trauma of being caught!!! And that is after a legal aid funded lawyer is appointed and paid for out of taxpayers money to fight your 'case'.

1. People on the bus who just cannot bring themselves give up their seats at the front row of the bus to accommodate an elderly person, a lady and her baby or a differently-abled person in spite of the presence of a sign "Priority Seating Area : Please Vacate To Offer Seats To The Elderly, The Disabled, Mothers With Small Children Under 3".

2. People in apartment complexes who use the intercom system like a telephone - yes folks, there have been instances with one person standing outside the building talking non-stop (for about 10 minutes at least!) on the intercom about things like the grocery list, the weather, etc. I even got the following cheeky reply from some woman who had been hogging that damn intercom for over 10 minutes: "Excuse me! I am trying to have a conversation here!" :wtf:

3. And what's the deal with cyclists riding their bikes on pavements meant for pedestrians?! I've nearly collided with cyclists who have actually tried to overtake me while I was just walking along minding my own business! :wacko:

Racism in any form.

Lack of respect for the elderly.

Parents who have children, yet spend very little time with them.

Children who have loving parents and yet don't seem to appreciate how valuable this love is.

When bad things happen to good people.

Politics: Most of it.

Greed in Corporations & People.

Lack of respect for nature.

Abuse of animals.

These are just a few but cover a broad range of the problems we have in this world IMHO.

Hi Folks

As promised - the word "Innit"

- A coloquial tag question, used in the same context of the french 'nes pa?'.

- It is used by youths and that of chav elders, to determine wether their interlocutor is acknowleging they are speaking.

- also used as a 'blend' (two words made as one e.g. internet) of the word isn't (made up of the words verb. is and the archeic adverb. not) and the colloquial noun it.

- often used as a instinctual mating call of the chav breed.

Yes Chavs. This particular breed of people first emerged in the late 80's early nineties, contrary to the Oxford English Dictionary, this word was used by me and many of my friends to describe the fighting brigade which frequented our drinking hostelry. This scum usually meated out their form of punishment to anyone who looked different. After a few ales they would pick a fight and then, as a pack, would all join in. Of course as a single unit they couldn't fight their way through a paper bag.

The word "Innit" then surfaced. Made popular by Ali G it then crept into the English Language. I copied this from the web but it is a good example of how this word changed the way "Youths or Chavs" spoke our great language

Townie: An' ah was like at the club wit' ma mates innit

Smi: You go clubbing?

Townie: Yeah innit

Rabson: You're only 12!

Townie: Yeah innit don't ya mate?

Smi: No...

Townie: Oh ma God-a like! I can't believe ya don't go clubbin' innit!

I can't actually translate the above conversation as it really is a waste of air. But it's another example of what Irks me.

Next up: Corporate music festivals - especially the Father of them all. GLASTONBURY

As Major said, people in general....

In no order.

-Self-absorbed, rude people (when you hold open a door for a stranger, or let them cut in line in traffic (while not expecting a thank you) you don't get one anyway.

-Careless drivers on the cell phone talking or texting while driving way under or over the speed limit or dodging in and out of both lanes with no blinker. (it's everywhere)

-Tell someone good morning or hello and they look at you like your from Mars or ignore you. (self-centered)...

-Animal abuse, cruelty or neglect. People who can't even take care of themselves but own pets and then usually abandon them (same with irresponsible parents)

-People who put speakers underneath (outside) their car, so you gotta hear their stuff playing full blast. This is a new trend here.

-Ignorant, uneducated people who blame another race or society for their misfortunes

-Racist

-Hypocrites

-Litter Bugs

-Fake people (Example- someone who says their gonna do something nice for you, etc. etc. that you think is your friend and don't come through on their word)...(personal note to a member here) <_<

-Hunters who kill just for sport/fun and not food.

-People who just don't give a F**k..(pedestrians crossing a street SLOWLY on purpose in front of a car when the light is green) Can't I hit them??? Please???.....

-Modern Government

-Automated Customer Service Support...! Jesus Christ, can I speak to a REAL person please (tip- just keep pressing zero and it'll take you there quicker)

-People who visit a specific band website and try and force their opinion as if it's the Law or bash the member(s) of the specific group, because of what he or she chooses to do or not do in life (even if the fan feels somethings "promised" to them)...get a life

Basically people who are inconsiderate or uncaring of others, living things (animals) or the world/surroundings in which they live...It's all about ME nowadays....

A hello, smile, apology, your welcome, thank you, congradulations or any kind of positive acknowledgement goes a long way.....rarely is it seen.

Yes I agree with you there Nick. In my last Job I used to see a guy who obviously didn't work, had a great tan in the summer by the way, and his partner and kids who would stroll casually into the village every day. Often in my lunch break they would be sat outside refreshing themselves with the amber nectar chuffing away on smokes ( of various sizes) in the pubs. Then to the big supermarket and then get into a taxi for the free ride home to their paid for house. On mentioning this to a mate he said oh them, dole heads, never work, always out in the evening, best clothes etc etc. :guns:

Benefits breeders.

What I mean by this is certain bone-idle UK dole-scrounging no-hopers, whose only route to a lucrative life is to hop aboard the benefits train at age 16 and stay on it for the rest of their lives, during which time they have as many kids as they can, secure in the knowledge that the State will pick up the tab. And then they spend their ill-gotten benefits on shell suits, tanning salons, nail bars, fags and cheap cider, but leave their kids to roam the streets all day & night, hungry and shoeless.

IMO, the State really has to do something about this. Parents like this should be forced to undergo compulsory but reversible sterilisation after their second child. And it would only be reversed after they dragged their lame asses off the sofa and managed to hold down a job for a couple of years. Any recidivism would then be met with re-sterilisation.

So right. It is about time that those who abuse the benefit system were made to in some way earn their dole. The problem with that though is that many of these scumbags will turn to some sort of criminal activity. Indeed a difficult situation to resolve.

Scam artists.

I just had one of those 'Microsoft-authorised PC consultants' on the blower - from India, of course - kindly offering to help me fix all of the bugs he'd somehow detected on my computer. I couldn't believe my luck. I've heard all about these vermin, watched people on youtube wasting their time, keeping them on the phone for hours etc, but never thought it would happen to me. Well, as luck would have it, I had some time on my hands, and thought I'd have some fun with the tosser.

Cut a long story short, I bullshitted him for 48 minutes without allowing him to persuade me to press one single goddamn button on my keyboard. I was looking fwd to calling him every name under the sun, but in the end he gave up, and hung up on me. Ha!

We get at least 1 a week from those pests.

And on a Daily basis for PPI, those I just hurl abuse at, then within 1/2 hour they phone back to speak to BD...

Voice mail every fucking place you call now. Cannot get a human being. No way. Go through the prompts and by then you are ready to down a bottle of Scotch.

There is a website here in th UK "saynoto0870" which gives a list of direct call numbers for things like Gas and Electricity providers etc,

It is such a beautiful day, for once, but my mood was somewhat angered by another example of Irksomeness in society.

This maybe slightly controversial but nonetheless as irritating as Hives.

So there I am scoring some provisions in the local Tesco. I hear the cry " donate to childrens cancer charity" and the shaking of the tin. I glance over, and yes there she is, located by the doors, shaking the tin and asking all and sundry in a loud voice to hand over some spare change. Talk about in yer face? She was positioned so centrally that if you took a swerve you'd end up knocking over the 2 for 1 slabs of beer.

Not to be left looking like a complete miserable twat, I tossed in a 50 english pence piece and mentioned to her that she should not be doing that. "I know" she replied, " but I wouldn't get anything". "I know" I replied "but you still shouldn't be doing that"

This is now the norm for these Charity spare change collectors. I personally give to 2 charities through the bank and there are rules about how these collectors do it. I mean I have been to Calcutta in India and believe me if I gave any money to the multitude of people in need who collared me, I would have had no money left.

Though that was nothing to the verbal attack I received the last time I was in London. I was at a tube station in Fulham and there was 2 of them. I walked past to get the tube and I was late for my train back up north so was in a rush. " That's right you just walk past as though we are invisible - you keep your money"

To say that I was insulted was an understatement. Wankers !! :angry:

Benefits breeders.

What I mean by this is certain bone-idle UK dole-scrounging no-hopers, whose only route to a lucrative life is to hop aboard the benefits train at age 16 and stay on it for the rest of their lives, during which time they have as many kids as they can, secure in the knowledge that the State will pick up the tab. And then they spend their ill-gotten benefits on shell suits, tanning salons, nail bars, fags and cheap cider, but leave their kids to roam the streets all day & night, hungry and shoeless.

IMO, the State really has to do something about this. Parents like this should be forced to undergo compulsory but reversible sterilisation after their second child. And it would only be reversed after they dragged their lame asses off the sofa and managed to hold down a job for a couple of years. Any recidivism would then be met with re-sterilisation.

Funny this has now come up. A classic example. Wifey in her capacity as a big cheese in a high end Handbags and Shoe company, needs to fill 5 vacancies for a new store opening soon. Candidates were lined up and interviews arranged. She sees about 7 people and 2 were asked back for a 2nd interview. Now she drives about 100 miles yesterday to see the 2 people, and guess what? No show. It's a store in an area of high unemployment. No reason at all for the no show. She tries to contact them but surprise surprise phones were off. Incredible that they more than likely worked out that they would be 50 english better off a week and couldn't be arsed. And for the part time posts it's even worse. 16/24 hrs a week - no fucking chance " I'll lose me benefit" is the usual excuse.

But as she told me yesterday the highlight of the wasted 10 hours of her life was the conversation between a Job Centre Woman and a man with the intellect of a garden gnome, in the Job Centre where the interviews were being held. It went something like this:

Job Centre woman - Now what have you been doing?

Dole Head - I've been busy

JCW - errrr busy doing what?

DH - This and that you know

JCW - You've not been sleeping late have you, and watching TV?

DH - Well I have watched a bit of TV. And i get up before 12!

JCW - Have you made an effort to find a job

DH - errr i looked in the paper the other week

JCW - Sign here

Contd P 94

She has still to find people for the jobs and quite frankly she has as much chance as the garden gnome has of getting full time employment

May I just say that I am one of the unemployed, and I have applied for more than 150 jobs. I still have only received 2 replies, so we don't all sit on our arses doing nothing about it. Even when I have to sign on I have to walk as I can't afford the bus fare. So please don't think that we are all the same. I was told that I have to attend a "get into work " scheme in two weeks, they thought it was funny when I replied yes as long as it is within walking distance, they thought I was joking, NO I WAS NOT. So don't tar us all with the same brush please.

Right as usual there MM. I would never personally insult anyone who is out of work and is trying to get back into it. It is the culture of doing fuck all and expect to get money for it even when work is in the offing. My wife works hard to find people for jobs that her company are offering, but when that happens to her you just think WTF ?

Archived