Robert Plant Elopes With Singer-Songwriter Patty Griffin

Glyn

I'm glad he and Patty are happy, no matter the status of their relationship. That said, it's understandable people thought he meant he and Patty got married, considering that's what most people think of when they hear that word.

Robert Plant Elopes With Singer-Songwriter Patty Griffin http://www.eonline.c...r-patty-griffin

No word when exactly the couple made it official. The English-born crooner ( and honorary knight ) didn't elaborate on their arrangement much more than that except to say, "so now I spend half my time there and half [in the U.K.]."

The legend that is Robert Plant now called a crooner, how times have changed.

The legend that is Robert Plant now called a crooner, how times have changed.

You also have to consider the source, which in this case is E! Online. Despite the update on their web site I continue to see other sites report this as fact. Surely, when Plant used the word "elope" he had to figure the press was going to take it seriously.

You also have to consider the source, which in this case is E! Online. Despite the update on their web site I continue to see other sites report this as fact. Surely, when Plant used the word "elope" he had to figure the press was going to take it seriously.

No he really wouldn't have. His normal speech in interviews is littered with this kind of thing - it's a very English way of speaking. It isn't meant to be taken literally.

No he really wouldn't have. His normal speech in interviews is littered with this kind of thing - it's a very English way of speaking. It isn't meant to be taken literally.

The press sure has taken those words and ran with them.

The press sure has taken those words and ran with them.

Oh yeah - just like they - and so many here -did when he said Zeppelin were a boyband. It's almost like an unwillingness to see beyond the boundaries, but his lyrics have told us for years that there is more to his speech than those boundaries allow. ;|)

Oh yeah - just like they - and so many here -did when he said Zeppelin were a boyband. It's almost like an unwillingness to see beyond the boundaries, but his lyrics have told us for years that there is more to his speech than those boundaries allow. ;|)

I must have missed that as I've never heard Zeppelin referred to as a "boy band". I have seen the Beatles referred to in that light but not Zeppelin. I have seen some people try to recast the image of Zeppelin as that of a "hair metal" band but I never bought into that either.

I must have missed that as I've never heard Zeppelin referred to as a "boy band". I have seen the Beatles referred to in that light but not Zeppelin. I have seen some people try to recast the image of Zeppelin as that of a "hair metal" band but I never bought into that either.

He meant that they were boys - a band of boys - not the restrictive meaning of "boyband" that people applied. That's kind of what I mean about the use of the phrase "eloped". Sometimes people just take things too literally and you would think after all these years it would be clear that he doesn't talk that way.

He meant that they were boys - a band of boys - not the restrictive meaning of "boyband" that people applied. That's kind of what I mean about the use of the phrase "eloped". Sometimes people just take things too literally and you would think after all these years it would be clear that he doesn't talk that way.

I guess I'm just not used to Plant's manner of speaking. At the time I first read this I also took him seriously. As for the press running with it, as I'm sure you've seen, the majority of the sites reporting it have been of the tabloid variety. Once they started reporting it, the story has since been picked up by more reputable sites, however, they don't seem to have taken note of the disclaimer on the E! Online site about the story not being true.

I guess I'm just not used to Plant's manner of speaking. At the time I first read this I also took him seriously. As for the press running with it, as I'm sure you've seen, the majority of the sites reporting it have been of the tabloid variety. Once they started reporting it, the story has since been picked up by more reputable sites, however, they don't seem to have taken note of the disclaimer on the E! Online site about the story not being true.

Well the press are a law unto themselves aren't they?

I'm glad he and Patty are happy, no matter the status of their relationship. That said, it's understandable people thought he meant he and Patty got married, considering that's what most people think of when they hear that word.

Why don't we just check their "Status" on their Facebook Page :)

Archived