Blatant rip off of Communication Breakdown.

In terms of Indie dance music this is about a step below The Shoes, but still pretty good. I've tweeted the guy asking if he sampled Led Zeppelin on this track and will post here if he replies. Wonder if he has permission to use the sample?

In terms of Indie dance music this is about a step below The Shoes, but still pretty good. I've tweeted the guy asking if he sampled Led Zeppelin on this track and will post here if he replies. Wonder if he has permission to use the sample?

I doubt he knows how to run a guitar through a Leslie speaker.

This is the sad thing about some music of nowadays.... take a bit from here and a bit from there, mix them up and voilà, a new song.

When Led Zeppelin did it they called those "new" songs "Dazed And Confused" & "How Many More Times". What comes around...

When Led Zeppelin did it they called those "new" songs "Dazed And Confused" & "How Many More Times". What comes around...

I know this is a delicate issue, but I meant that now they don't even at least record it by themselves, with real instruments. LZ copied tunes but they played them, they didn't took Jake Holmes riff as it sounded in his song and then put it in Dazed and Confused. I was complaning about the way to create music by samplers in a computer. OK you can copy some lines of a song but at least you take the time to learn how to play them :P

It doesn't seem that they tried to copy the sound of CB guitar but we'll eventually know if he answers to Cookie0024

I was complaning about the way to create music by samplers in a computer. OK you can copy some lines of a song but at least you take the time to learn how to play them :P

It depends on how it's done, musicians can sample other people's work and still make it an artform. Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys is a shining example but they were by no means alone in how they creatively used samples.

Archived