Zacron, Designer of Led Zeppelin III Cover Passes Away

ZosofanCMR

How odd that it was just now reported!

According to my friend who orginally did the exhibit said that Zacron's wife didn't want it reported, so it is also possible Jimmy might not even know yet. I wonder if he does and how he feels about this news.

Poor old Zacron ! Does anyone know what else he did ... apart from designing one of the MOST iconic album covers of that era ?

Does anyone know if Jimmy was ever enticed to say more about that album sleeve ? It's a huge illustration of how sensitive everything was about the third album - isn't it ?? Jimmy delegates the album design to someone who's apparently a trusted friend and who is working within JP's intentions .. then presumably, and perhaps in a hurry, he approves it in time for the album release . And then he turns on the Zacron design ? I haven't checked the dates but I''m guessing what happened in the meantime is the mixed critical reception for LZ 3 .. .?

When I heard that album I didn't have access to any critical reviews at all : it was straightforward, I heard it and loved it and that discovery was a sweet moment in my life.

I also thought the Zacron design was really cool and very original .. I was a young teenager at the time and bombarded with cheap bubblegum packaging... LZ 3 was NOT that at all .

I just wonder about the context of that interview : whether the critical reception to the album had rattled them so that they would turn on peripheral things like the album design ?

Poor old Zacron ! Does anyone know what else he did ... apart from designing one of the MOST iconic album covers of that era ?

Does anyone know if Jimmy was ever enticed to say more about that album sleeve ? It's a huge illustration of how sensitive everything was about the third album - isn't it ?? Jimmy delegates the album design to someone who's apparently a trusted friend and who is working within JP's intentions .. then presumably, and perhaps in a hurry, he approves it in time for the album release . And then he turns on the Zacron design ? I haven't checked the dates but I''m guessing what happened in the meantime is the mixed critical reception for LZ 3 .. .?

When I heard that album I didn't have access to any critical reviews at all : it was straightforward, I heard it and loved it and that discovery was a sweet moment in my life.

I also thought the Zacron design was really cool and very original .. I was a young teenager at the time and bombarded with cheap bubblegum packaging... LZ 3 was NOT that at all .

I just wonder about the context of that interview : whether the critical reception to the album had rattled them so that they would turn on peripheral things like the album design ?

[This may be a stretch], [but one *possible* take on it was that Led Zeppelin designed an extreme pain in the ass expensive cover as an 'FU' to Atlantic (an 'FU' similar in a way to how they refused to put any verbiage on the fourth album)].

[i personally think Jimmy loved it, but maybe couldn't say that publicly because of management direction]?

[i mean, Richard Drew was obviously a personal friend]...

Archived