Planted tricked into throat surgery!?

Matjaz1

I know, I know it sounds paranoid, especially for those on the forum who know me better hehe!

But if I listen to his last shows before the surgery, which are the ones on The song remains the same album,

his voice is pretty much intact!

It's not as powerfull as earlier, and he avoids some of the highest notes, because he had problems with cracking,

but there are quite a few moments where he hits the highest notes perfectly well

and I think perhaps his voice just nedded a rest and I know he probably got the best possible doctor

but Zeppelin were considered counter culture at the time(now they are receiving prizes equal to Nobel prize)

and maybe the doctor listened to some of that 'crazy' music to hear how he sings and thought let's mess this up a bit

and maybe Plant just nedded a rest and the whole thing ended up as a mess! I mean listen to The song remains teh same

and then someting like Custard pie or the 1975 tour! Quite tragic!

What do you think?!

I think you need a drink. Or maybe that's the problem...you need to put down the drink and step away from the bar, son.

This is conspiracy paranoia run rampant.

Yes, let's purposely ruin Plant's voice so Led Zeppelin won't be so damn popular. Question is, who is the culprit: the Brits? The US? Maybe Jimmy was getting jealous of Robert's golden god status? :rolleyes:

Don't let Plant's voice on TSRTS album and DVD fool you....Plant used lots of echoplex or whatever on the 1973 tour and there's also plenty of studio sweetening in the mix.

Are things really so drab in your country that you're forced to come up with these cockamamie threads for entertainment?

I'm never heard much about the 1974 throat surgery .. Nodules maybe.

He also had his teeth fixed in 1974.

Led Zeppelin were off the road all of 1974.

1974 was a fairly quiet year for Zeppelin, so that was the time to get these things done.

The start of 1977 Tour was postponed because Robert had to have his tonsils out..

Maybe his tonsils were bothering him as far back as 1974-1975.

I think his voice was much stronger from 1977 on then it was from 73-76.

It was also different.

He didn't have the power or range he had in 1968-1970 anymore.

But, he wasn't hoarse like he was in 75.. I never really minded the raspy '75 Plant either..

Voices also change over time. Wear and tear on the road don't help...

Led Zeppelin were touring like crazy.

Robert sang and toured when he had the flu a number of times too which can do permenant damage.

Plus, he was a smoker and that can change a voice..

Look at Al Pacino and how much his voice has changed..

But to comment on your heading .. who would have tricked him into surgery?

Jimmy? Peter Grant? I don't get it.

Any Doctor that would have botched his vocal surgery would have been sued to no end.

Deliberate or not.

Edited by the chase

Yeah I know it' sounds like a conspiracy theory a bit,

but the doctor could do it and you couldn't really prove after the operation that he did anything wrong so you couldn't take it to court and you couldn't even make it public, at least not with proof!

There is no way anybody can prove this, but as I said, it migt be jealousy and perhaps the fact that they were an uderground band in a way and you never know what kind of a character some bored old doctor might have,

but I'm quite shure Plant took several opinions and it's just a topic, something to discuss, maybe someone who knows Plant or anything more about such surgeries can say something!?

Strider it's not that boring, I'm about to have five concerts in the next few months, not much, but atleast no surgery at the end hehe!

Edited by Matjaz1

Why on earth would a doctor, who has a millionaire as a patient, want to risk losing his credibility and his job by deliberately sabotaging his patients health?

This theory ranks next to "backward masking on stairway" and "2012 album" as one of the bullshittiest things that ever popped up on this site.

Food for tin foil hatters.

I think Robert, like many of the belters of that era, Roger Daltry, Steve Marriott, Janis Joplin, and even Jim Morrison, abused the shit out of their voices to the point where they completely lost range and timbre (Plant, Daltry, Marriott, Morrison) or they died before any real damage could be noticed. If Plant and the rest would have taken it easy and not screamed like hell so much while smoking two packs a day, staying out all night banging groupies and then getting doped up to boot, I am sure they would sound much better today. Two great examples of an amazing voice going to ruin because of lifestyle choices are Maria Callas and Judy Garland. Plant and Daltry were lucky, the others died young because of their folly.

Just say no to drugs...Mmmmmkay...

Ps. CRACK IS WHACK!!!

Edited by Sagittarius Rising

It's ludicrous to think that intentionally damaged Plant's vocal chord for whatever reason. Grant and Cole would have his ass and make him disappear.

What's even more ludicrous is people that make these claims and then spurt off "Oh, you can't prove it, so it has to be true."

Steven Tyler still sounded great well into his 50s and he lived an Ren wilder life than Robert. What happened to Robert is what happens to all screamers, their voice eventually suffers after too much screaming. The same thing happened to Axl Rose who sounded great on Appetite For Destruction but by the time Use Your Illusion was recorded his voice wasn't as powerful or clear. Also when Robert joined Led Zep he was only 20, your voice changes quite a bit as you reach your late 20s/early 30s.

This is the same guy that once theorized that JFK was assassinated from space during one of the Apollo missions and that "Waiting On A Friend" was an attempt by the Rolling Stones to be disrespectful towards Led Zeppelin. In other words, he's out of his fucking gourd, and that's putting it politely.

This is the same guy that once theorized that JFK was assassinated from space during one of the Apollo missions and that "Waiting On A Friend" was an attempt by the Rolling Stones to be disrespectful towards Led Zeppelin. In other words, he's out of his fucking gourd, and that's putting it politely.

Oh no that JFK thing was a joke!

And this thing here is just a discussion, it's not like I'm saying it's true, but it's based on the idea that not all doctors have good characters, that you can't really prove after the operation that something was wrong, as hoarseness is typical after the operation and not the sign of a bad operation and you can't prove after the nodes were removed that it was unnecessary because they were not big enough!

And ofcourse Robert obviously had problems with his voice and I don't know enought about such things, but I wonder whether he could actually still sound that good and yet nedded an operation?! Maybe the damage was quite massive, even if he still sounded that good on TSRTS!

And yes, the doctor would do a terrible thing to his reputation, but the question is, could anybody prove it!? But ofcourse most doctors have good characters and a lot of them I'm shure, didn't have anything against good rock and roll and didn't work against it ,so it's a bit silly, but sometimes it's cool to me to discuss something and I just got this idea and made this topic!

Edited by Matjaz1

But ofcourse most doctors have good characters and a lot of them I'm shure, didn't have anything against good rock and roll and didn't work against it

The last doctor that I saw wore a pinstriped three piece suit, snacked on some fancy goat cheese with the receptionist - while over two dozen hacking patients sat crammed in his office, listening to some classical crap that only Hannibal Lector would play. This fine young man is HOT on the trail of smething BIG, I tell you all!

Oh come on folks, it's just a discussion whether somebody could actually tell if he needed the surgery in relation to how he sounded in 1973 or if someone knows Robert personally and talked about it with him!

I'm aware there is little chance that the surgery was unnecessary, but I still wanted to discuss it!

Oh and reswati I use a shure mike yes, but ofcourse I can easily sing to at least a hundred people without it hehe! When I played to 350

I was amplified

and also recently in my explorations I couldn't find any traces of vocal nodules in swans while they were living and later on it was too late to sing a bit more!

Who are you, little children!? I propose a question and you try to outsmart me with quasi paranoid scribblings!? Come on, this topic isn't worth outsmarting, it's worth a quick discussion by someone who knows a bit more about the topic!

Edited by Matjaz1

I just wanted to inform you at the very start with the paranoia thing, that it might look paranoid until you think of the details!

And by quasi paranoid scribblings I meant that some of you then make a few joke sentences, that look paranoid,

but are quasi parnoid on purpose, a parody basicaly, instead of discussing the topic!

I know, I know it sounds paranoid, especially for those on the forum who know me better hehe!

But if I listen to his last shows before the surgery, which are the ones on The song remains the same album,

his voice is pretty much intact!

It's not as powerfull as earlier, and he avoids some of the highest notes, because he had problems with cracking,

but there are quite a few moments where he hits the highest notes perfectly well

and I think perhaps his voice just nedded a rest and I know he probably got the best possible doctor

but Zeppelin were considered counter culture at the time(now they are receiving prizes equal to Nobel prize)

and maybe the doctor listened to some of that 'crazy' music to hear how he sings and thought let's mess this up a bit

and maybe Plant just nedded a rest and the whole thing ended up as a mess! I mean listen to The song remains teh same

and then someting like Custard pie or the 1975 tour! Quite tragic!

What do you think?!

:wtf: Put down da blunt young fella.... :dont:

Ok, ok we are not getting anywhere, this topic should have had a different concept from the start so that some wouldn't make a joke out of it,

such as a few questions about such surgeries and then just a little speculation regarding Plant!

I hope I'll never need such an operation and I shure know very well that all those who make fun of me are damn aware that I am a talented guy with more and more success and I bet they are enjoying their time on this board, as they probably don't have any real life or talent and they shure understand songs like You shook me, when they realize they are lonely, but they are far from undertanding Stairway to heaven or All my love,

otherwise they might be better people!

Edited by Matjaz1

Ok, ok we are not getting anywhere, this topic should have had a different concept form the start so that some wouldn't make a joke out of it,

such as a few questions about such surgeries and then just a little speculation regarding Plant!

I hope I'll never need such an operation and I shure know very well that all those who make fun of me are damn aware that I am a talented guy with more and more success and I bet they are enjoying there time on this board, as they probably don't have any real life or talent and they shure understand songs like You shook me, when they realize they are lonely, but they are far from undertanding Stairway to heaven or All my love,

otherwise they might be better people!

Judging by your attrocious spelling I hope you don't write songs !!